Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biological males in women's sport

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Saw this today - a Chinese women's relay team. 2 of them look..out of place. And also, apparently words dont mean anything anymore as these clearly male people were confirmed to be "female" by athletic authorities. They also competed as individuals where unsuprisingly they took first and second place. Totally fair and not cheating at all. The next few olympics should be interesting

https://sports.inquirer.net/363714/runners-in-chinese-womens-team-accused-of-being-men

Haha. It’s hilarious that the Chinese are copping onto this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Wibbs wrote: »
    Well in that vid, the second individual out of place C? That is a man. 100%. My arse that's a woman.

They didnt even bother interviewing the last girl
    She looks like my old chemistry teacher. He was an awful bo11x.

There was a bit of a furore/rumours around Beijing Olympics, the Chinese were into genetic doping

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If you believe that transwomen are 100% bona fide women just like any other woman then you have no grounds for complaint when they participate in women's sports. The fact that they are trans is just another characteristic like "tall" or "fast". And this is the thinking in more and more organisations and in society as a whole. Transwomen are women, no ifs, no buts.

If however you believe that transwomen are not in fact 100% bona fide women just like any other woman but rather are people who think they are women, then you have a reasonable basis on which to object to their participation in women's sports, their use of women's services and their occupation of women's spaces. Be careful where you voice this opinion however.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭ingalway

Haha. It’s hilarious that the Chinese are copping onto this.
    No, it's not hilarious for the female athletes who were pushed out of the team to make way for these men. It's not hilarious for the other teams that they beat. It's not hilarious for women's and girl's sports at all levels worldwide.

It's not hilarious for women in general.

ingalway wrote: »
    No, it's not hilarious for the female athletes who were pushed out of the team to make way for these men. It's not hilarious for the other teams that they beat. It's not hilarious for women's and girl's sports at all levels worldwide.

true. now what do we do about it? i cant see any way around this other than deciding (admitting) that a transwoman is fundamentally different to a ciswoman.
    they are not the same.

• Advertisement

ingalway wrote: »

Relax dude, I’ve been criticising this ideology on this forum and in public (twitter) for longer than most.

What’s interesting is that if the US or the west had transwomen in their team it would be courageous and liberal, the Chinese are going to be accused of cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Relax dude, I’ve been criticising this ideology on this forum and in public (twitter) for longer than most.

What’s interesting is that if the US or the west had transwomen in their team it would be courageous and liberal, the Chinese are going to be accused of cheating.

The rules are dumb for allowing this kind of sh1t.

Transwoman does not equal woman and I don't give a fcuk what laws say that we have to accept it as fact when clearly it isn't.

BattleCorp wrote: »

Transwoman does not equal woman and I don't give a fcuk what laws say that we have to accept it as fact when clearly it isn't.

Good news - this ideology will collapse after its problems become obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Just make an Olympics for trans people.
    Sorted.

• Advertisement

To be fair, while I absolutely don't agree with transwomen taking part in female sports, I don't see why they should be denied rape counselling services. Or is there such a thing as gender specific rape counselling service providers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Here's Scottish rugby telling its female players that its their responsibility to make sure they dont get hurt by a biological male:

https://www.scottishrugby.org/rules-and-regulations/player-welfare/transgender
    Primary responsibility for the health and wellbeing of each player lies with the individual player. In agreeing to participate players must take seriously the risk of injury to themselves and to others.

Women can also be disciplined for refusing to play against men identifying as women. Its such a pity that the huge strides made in womens sport in the last 5-10 years is all being undone by this lunacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

The fact that we have to stick another word in front should be enough for anyone.

might as well use the term "pseudo-woman".

To be fair, while I absolutely don't agree with transwomen taking part in female sports, I don't see why they should be denied rape counselling services. Or is there such a thing as gender specific rape counselling service providers?
    i imagine the idea is that woman who have been raped and abused by men dont want their "safe space" to have biological males in it. open to correction on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

No one is denying services.

Women who have been raped generally dont want to be counselled by a male person. Or be housed with a male person. The trans woman in question has been bullying that shelter for years,simply because they wouldn't hire them. A place that is specifically for female people. They have campaigned to defund the shelter, and succeeded. For years. And they condone people posting those things, on a shelter for abused and raped women. Is that acceptable to you?

They were referred to other suitable shelters appropriate for them. Vrr is a shelter for women and there is no universe in which a woman who has been raped should be forced to share accom with any man who waltzes in

i imagine the idea is that woman who have been raped and abused by men dont want their "safe space" to have biological males in it. open to correction on that.
    No one is denying services.

Women who have been raped generally dont want to be counselled by a male person. Or be housed with a male person. The trans woman in question has been bullying that shelter for years,simply because they wouldn't hire them. A place that is specifically for female people. They have campaigned to defund the shelter, and succeeded. For years. And they condone people posting those things, on a shelter for abused and raped women. Is that acceptable to you?
    bluewolf wrote: »
    They were referred to other suitable shelters appropriate for them. Vrr is a shelter for women and there is no universe in which a woman who has been raped should be forced to share accom with any man who waltzes in

Fair enough. I genuinely didn't know if there were female only places or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I don’t know - this issue has been highlighted in the US in recent times too.

I get what you’re saying - when an American athlete smashes a record, it’s down to hard world where foreigners are treated with much more suspicion. But on this issue, I’m not so sure it’ll be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

bluewolf wrote: »

Be careful there, Bluey. You are saying the same sort of thing as Graham Lenihan said and look what happened to him. They might even brand you a TERF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    100% spot on. Now I dare you to go post that on twitter :P

100%
    There's a new algorithm now - you say anything critical of the cult you'll be 'reply deboosted' within a few days.
    It means your replies from then on are hidden behind 'see more replies' button.

Not surprising looking at the head on Jack Dorsey.
    Beard. Check.
    Beanie.Check.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Check out Hannah Mouncey
    (6′ 3, 250 lbs)

Check out Hannah Mouncey
    (6′ 3, 250 lbs)

Does Hannah defend Eternia and the secrets of Castle Grayskull from the Skeletor in her spare time?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTd1jjedMSnoB6hQZsLUqslUpNuvZpqcoWdqI3qehuC7iOtJ55d

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Check out Hannah Mouncey
    (6′ 3, 250 lbs)

Already broke a womans leg playing AFL. Now they've moved on to another sport after complaining about having to submit blood tests to check testosterone level. Could it be any more obvious that they are a cheat who just wants to get one over on women?

Be careful there, Bluey. You are saying the same sort of thing as Graham Lenihan said and look what happened to him. They might even brand you a TERF.

yeah i might get arrested
    http://archive.is/BN6SD

or threatened with the ol' 'punch a terf'

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Already broke a womans leg playing AFL. Now they've moved on to another sport after complaining about having to submit blood tests to check testosterone level. Could it be any more obvious that they are a cheat who just wants to get one over on women?
    Y'know what? bugger this bloody nonsense. Frankly I've had enough at this stage and I give precisely .00001 % of fcuks in saying it any more, or whomever this apparently "offends". :rolleyes:

That's a man. Same for the cyclist referenced earlier in the thread. Same for the Chinese competitor referenced recently. Same for the Australian weightlifter. Same for the MMA fighter. The list is depressingly long enough, but it shouldn't get any bloody longer.

If you want to self identify as male/female/two spirit/whatever, go right ahead and with my best wishes for whatever contentment you find, like the rest of us, but when the rubber meets the road in something like sports and access to spaces for vulnerable women like shelters and also apparently have some clearly dangerous looper who wants his balls and cock waxed as a "woman" and talk about menstruation with children and gets some leverage legally and in the "minds" of some on the twittersphere on that position? Get the ever living fcuk out of it, you bloody morons.

It's time to fight back against this assault on reality, actual science and medical fact and yes actual common sense. If that makes me "transphobic" work away and ban me. Enough is enough FFS.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Bring it on. Bring on the obvious biological males competing in the women's events in the Olympics and winning gold medals. Maybe then the average punter will start seeing this nonsense that has been promoted and quietly legislated for behind our backs.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    100%
    There's a new algorithm now - you say anything critical of the cult you'll be 'reply deboosted' within a few days.
    It means your replies from then on are hidden behind 'see more replies' button.

Not surprising looking at the head on Jack Dorsey.
    Beard. Check.
    Beanie.Check.

Yeh. I’m blocked from seeing about 1 in 20 Twitter accounts now and when I go to private mode to see who they are it’s invariably the pronoun people. And I haven’t said much about trans, one or two comments is all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Theres all kind of nonsense in there.
    Yup F. While it makes a few salient points and is worth a read, and I would agree "sex is not binary", ideology is firmly pushing his/her/they/zur foot on the accelerator and driving it according to the map it's already decided is the most accurate. And it has nada to say of note about grown arsed men with all their physiology intact claiming to be "women" competing in women's sports.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement