Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biological males in women's sport

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

I'm glad it's a big laugh for some, but if you are a reasonable person and not blinded by the cult of excessive political correctness, and you really think through the ramifications, you'll realise how appalling it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Who's laughing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Who's laughing?

Probably this post, though I think ExoPolitic is being tongue-in-cheek.
    ExoPolitic wrote: »
    I think it is great, how men have found a way to dominate women in even their own sports leagues...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Ah

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

is this April Fools...??

Horsehead Nebula? that's got ties to the mafia, that's got to go...

Not to mention how incredibly insensitive it is to all the well known horse faces of the world.

• Advertisement

da_miser wrote: »
    Is no one looking forward to this?
    I cant wait to see the carnage this will bring to womens sports, the controversy and all round śhit show it will be, will make must see TV.
    And this.
    Probably this post, though I think ExoPolitic is being tongue-in-cheek.
    Yeah apologies if I've got them wrong. Prickly about this dystopian bat sh1ttery.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭ExoPolitic

And this.

Yeah apologies if I've got them wrong. Prickly about this dystopian bat sh1ttery.

I just think the whole thing is funny, doesn't affect me however, I am a man.

Good luck to all the women in womens bodies who were born with their disadvantage to everybody else who may be what ever they like.

Womans sports belong to male bodies now, that's just a fact, there is no point in a woman in womans body competing when there is a male body in the running.

But genuinely, it is funny.

I wish it was funny. It's downright sinister. Although to be fair, it would be excellent material for a comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭ingalway

2020 - the year that just gets stranger - Donald Trump Jr not afraid to defend single sex sports

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1312754324158795777?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

ingalway wrote: »
    2020 - the year that just gets stranger - Donald Trump Jr not afraid to defend single sex sports

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1312754324158795777?s=20

I agree with him but he could've left out the rubbing it in people's faces part. Comes across poorly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Great, i agree with a Trump. What a world.

Except the rubbing in people's faces. What are they meant to do? Hide?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Great, i agree with a Trump. What a world.

Among Joe Biden's campaign promises...
    On his first day in office, Biden will reinstate the Obama-Biden guidance revoked by the Trump-Pence Administration, which will restore transgender students’ access to sports, bathrooms, and locker rooms in accordance with their gender identity.

https://joebiden.com/lgbtq-policy/#

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

New guidelines from World Rugby are out.
    Haven’t read fully, but it seems sanity is prevailing, and safety and fairness are being prioritised.

https://twitter.com/scienceofsport/status/1314597625426046979?s=21

https://playerwelfare.worldrugby.org/gender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Hand in Your Pants

I wish it was funny. It's downright sinister. Although to be fair, it would be excellent material for a comedy.

Hi would you consider changing your avatar? Only it is commonly associated by all on the forum with a cute female poster of high caliber who shoots from the hip and asks questions later (alas she already has a male)

if you are listening, I would happily step in as provider and companion ;)

New guidelines from World Rugby are out.
    Haven’t read fully, but it seems sanity is prevailing, and safety and fairness are being prioritised.

https://twitter.com/scienceofsport/status/1314597625426046979?s=21

https://playerwelfare.worldrugby.org/gender

That's brilliant news. Especially in such a dangerous sport. Hopefully other sports will follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭ingalway

Won many races as a boy/young man. Told he's not good enough for the men's team so magically becomes a trans woman.
    Imagine how disheartening this is for women and young girl athletes. Why would you bother.
    https://www.skysports.com/more-sports/cycling/news/15264/12101251/emily-bridges-coming-out-as-trans-in-cycling-is-a-crucial-step-on-my-journey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Won many races as a boy/young man. Told he's not good enough for the men's team so magically becomes a trans woman.
    Imagine how disheartening this is for women and young girl athletes. Why would you bother.
    https://www.skysports.com/more-sports/cycling/news/15264/12101251/emily-bridges-coming-out-as-trans-in-cycling-is-a-crucial-step-on-my-journey

Stunning and brave .... /sarcasm

2 things that struck me about that article. How he mentions wanting dresses and feminine things at 13, and how he really wanted to wear makeup and feminine clothes as he grew older etc. This is such a linking factor in a lot of these stories. It is odd because as a woman I literally never had that feeling as a girl. I wanted jeans and doc martens and sweatshirts - practical clothes that gave me freedom. I never even thought about makeup or hair stuff, and not because I am masculine. The opposite, I am feminine. But it was just never a thing that entered my head. And I did not see it among my sisters. Or my friends. Prissiness was just not a big thing at all when I was young. Maybe it is more so now. Maybe it is to do with growing sexualisation of younger people? I don't know. I think it is autogynophelia in this case.

The other thing is the language he starts using, the tropes of the day - how cycling is the preserve of middle aged, middle class white males. Yawn. How fecken boring and predictable. What catechism have they been reading?

Gruffalux wrote: »
    2 things that struck me about that article. How he mentions wanting dresses and feminine things at 13, and how he really wanted to wear makeup and feminine clothes as he grew older etc. This is such a linking factor in a lot of these stories. It is odd because as a woman I literally never had that feeling as a girl. I wanted jeans and doc martens and sweatshirts - practical clothes that gave me freedom. I never even thought about makeup or hair stuff, and not because I am masculine. The opposite, I am feminine. [/b]But it was just never a thing that entered my head. And I did not see it among my sisters. Or my friends. Prissiness was just not a big thing at all when I was young. [/b]Maybe it is more so now. Maybe it is to do with growing sexualisation of younger people? I don't know. I think it is autogynophelia in this case.

The other thing is the language he starts using, the tropes of the day - how cycling is the preserve of middle aged, middle class white males. Yawn. How fecken boring and predictable. What catechism have they been reading?

Ah no, in fairness, a lot of little girls love make up and girly clothes. I knew field like that when I was a kid and still do. I liked lots of girly things myself.

Ah no, in fairness, a lot of little girls love make up and girly clothes. I knew field like that when I was a kid and still do. I liked lots of girly things myself.

I see both - I've been a total tomboy all my life; yet I’ve a friend who’s son who loves dressing as her off the Little Mermaid and his sister is the girliest girl you ever met.

No one is trans, no one is questioning their gender identity - all just arsing our way through life with a quirk or two that makes life interesting.

That lad should be nowhere near women’s sports.

• Advertisement

I getcha. I was a country child, with a lot of brothers. :) And I am still not into girl stuff. But the thing I suppose is there is this always this underlying thread in the stories - I felt like a girl is always followed by I wanted to wear dresses and have sparkly things and wear make up. I don't think that is what it ''feels'' like to be a girl. That could only ever be a small specific aspect of what it ''feels'' like to be a girl. It is a huge amount of things to feel like a girl - and a boy. The clothes etc are (ironically) just a gender expression thing. How can they be a defining quality that enables people to recognise they ''feel'' like a sex?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Gruffalux wrote: »

This bit is hilarious in how stupidly ironic it is. Men's sport will not be affected in any way as no women will transition across and be able to compete. Women's sport will be destroyed by people like this and somehow that's sticking it to the middle aged white man? :pac:
    Idiots!

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2020/oct/14/rfu-clears-trans-women-to-play-womens-rugby-at-all-levels-in-england

Well that’s bloody disappointing!

“However, the RFU’s view, which is understood to be supported by several other countries, is that more work is needed to assess whether there are safe ways to allow trans women to keep playing the sport they love.“

But in the mean time, despite the fact that World Rugby believe it’s unsafe, f**k women players and their right to safety and fairness.

I hope the IRFU can stand up to this rewriting of biology and stand up for the thousands of women and girls who love their sport and want to be able to continue to play safely.

I hate that we basically have to wait for something bad to happen for the general public to become aware of this issue. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2020/oct/14/rfu-clears-trans-women-to-play-womens-rugby-at-all-levels-in-england

Well that’s bloody disappointing!

“However, the RFU’s view, which is understood to be supported by several other countries, is that more work is needed to assess whether there are safe ways to allow trans women to keep playing the sport they love.“

But in the mean time, despite the fact that World Rugby believe it’s unsafe, f**k women players and their right to safety and fairness.

I hope the IRFU can stand up to this rewriting of biology and stand up for the thousands of women and girls who love their sport and want to be able to continue to play safely.

The logic is buzzards. World rugby has determined that something poses a safety risk to players and the RFU decide we'll continue to do it until there's more evidence it's unsafe.

In any other situation the approach would be to err on the side of safety and stop the activity until there is evidence it's not unsafe.

It seems the rights of a transgender minority to play sport is more important than potential injuries to the majority biological females.

It’s completely backwards logic. It will take a serious injury, or a series of them to get people to take notice. And even that might not happen, as these issues are getting almost no coverage in the Irish media. Apart from the42.ie/journal I didn’t see World Rugby guidelines mentioned anywhere.

It’s a taboo. It’s bloody ridiculous.
    I wonder do most parents realise their daughters might be playing against trans girls?

They are also leaving themselves open to legal claims if there is a serious injury because of this. Unfortunate that they have to take the feelings of a few over women's safety.

It’s completely backwards logic. It will take a serious injury, or a series of them to get people to take notice. And even that might not happen, as these issues are getting almost no coverage in the Irish media. Apart from the42.ie/journal I didn’t see World Rugby guidelines mentioned anywhere.

I wonder do most parents realise their daughters might be playing against trans girls?

My friend’s daughter is soccer mad, but at 9/10 had to stop playing in a mixed team and play in a female team - because boys and girls are physically different, blokes are stronger!!!

Ffs is it going to take paralysis or brain damage before the woke crowd f**king see sense ???

Or are rhe feelings of a few men worth more than women’s safety ???

This won’t get highlighted by the Irish media because it undermines the whole self-ID thing

• Advertisement

Gervais08 wrote: »
    My friend’s daughter is soccer mad, but at 9/10 had to stop playing in a mixed team and play in a female team - because boys and girls are physically different, blokes are stronger!!!

Ffs is it going to take paralysis or brain damage before the woke crowd f**king see sense ???

Or are rhe feelings of a few men worth more than women’s safety ???

The GAA also have rules about juvenile players on mixed teams - m not sure of the age, but around 12 years. It’s to facilitate small clubs who don’t have the numbers to field a full team. And the reason they gave it is, not surprisingly on safety grounds. And even then, it’s the girl who takes on the risk!

Self ID not only makes a mockery of the rule, but it really does endanger our kids. They should have kept the exemption for sport.

Advertisement