Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Still waiting here in D3, very little happening

• Registered Users Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Raining on Baggot St, blowing hard but definitely raining

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I hope people don't think I'm trolling, it really is raining at Grange, Dublin 13.

I believe you. I reported rain here too about an hour ago. Then I doubted my sanity and went to check again and convinced myself it was just tiny tiny snowgrains, but now looking back I'm not so sure. It's 100% accumulating snow here now.

There must have been a narrow mild sector that's moving northwards. You should be good for snow again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

1cm in last hour. Snow blowing all over the place. Very fine misty snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

And a more worrying one - as a result, we are a major cause of the slow down in the speed of rotation of the earth - if all countries on earth had the proportion of turbines that we do, the earth could come close to stopping altogether.

Keep some of that whiskey for tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Ballaghaderreen Area:

Bright and sunny all day. Temps didnt get above -1. Calm until about 2 hours ago. Tiny amount of snow fell a couple of days ago, but none since then. All businesses closed today at 1pm, which was odd considering the almost perfect, and quite normal winter weather we are having. Farmers and Urban customers of ours scratching their heads bewilderment at the National Red warning all day. It is almost like the East coast is on an entirely different planet. Work closed today purely for insurance reasons. Basically if anyone had an accident during the Red Warning, either travelling to work or in work, you can guarantee the insurance firms would not cover you. Just in from a walk with the dog. A bit windy, but no snow. In fact, the temps have risen a bit. Looking at the charts, It is doubtful we are going to get anything tonight or tomorrow.
    As some folks here are saying, due to the overkill on the warnings, they have a danger of not being heeded going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Fitzo123 wrote: »
    Been lightly snowing in Sligo town for at least 1.5 hours. Someone tell me the rain in Dublin might turn to snow here in time...

The rain in Dublin is snow for me. I think you’ll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

The road which had thawed outside my house is basically all white again in Cork City. Sign of things to come? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Graupel turning to snow now in D7. It's lashing.

Yep..definitely something falling in D7 that isnt rain.

saw someone walking up the road:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I've been out to check and it is definitely frozen precipitation! Very fine misty snow! definitely not rain. So Im gonna stop fretting at every rain report !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

aurora 527 wrote: »
    Its not rain..very fine snow.. if it was rain it would be taking the snow from cars etc ... and in fact the wind has picked up over the last half hour.. well it has where I am suburbs
    Can second that.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Elnin09

Fine blustery snow in Leixlip

Yet to see any of the big flakes that really add to snow debt ....anyone know why the snow is so fine ? It’s like frozen drizzle

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

adam240610 wrote: »
    Wanna bet if North or South Greystones ends up with more in the morning? :D

Nah, Delgany will beat you both out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I can confirm.. Rain Drizzle in Swords has now progressed in to snow , now its light but its blowing a right gale out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Not often you see this !!

r8cpkp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

Where is Kermit the frog???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I've been out to check and it is definitely frozen precipitation! Very fine misty snow! definitely not rain. So Im gonna stop fretting at every rain report !

It's freezing rain for me, Rougies might be correct with his comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

The netweather Wales forum is reporting proper heavy snow so we can assume it will be the same when it gets here. Also because it is so windy it is not going to stay on flat surfaces. Check for the corners and areas out of the wind for accumulations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Just to add to the Dublin rain/snow debate... I was sure looking out my window in Chapelizod that it was drizzle I was seeing but I stepped outside to do the fleece test and it was the finest snow I've ever seen. Lot's of it too. Never seen anything like it before.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The road which had thawed outside my house is basically all white again in Cork City. Sign of things to come? :D

Not much at all yet in the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Very fine dusty snow sleet dunno what it is tbh. It's accumulating but hopefully it gets a bit thicker and heavier soon. Wexford town 65m asl

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

beco wrote: »

He can't save you now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

I'm currently in Ballincollig (Country Cork) and while it's cold and getting dark, there are children playing outside in some snow.

We closed office at 1400 following the red weather alert and nothing so far, no fresh snow since this morning and there is not even the slightest wind around.

From the news and panic, one would think the day after tomorrow would arrive but nope it's calm.

I got promised 60 cm of snow, I want my snow!

If Siobhan Ryans latest forecast is anything to go by we will very soon be getting that and a lot more besides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Very fine powdery snow falling in Clondalkin. Looks like rain from inside but it's definitely not once you go out to check and it's covering in footprints.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Very strange here in Cork - front coming in from the south with light snow but for all the world outside the snow seems to be blowing from the north .... WTF??

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Missed the weather forecast as it was he little ones bed time!!!! When will a link be available. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Lightning I think in East Wall

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Went out to check the precipitation in D14 and its 100% not rain! I still couldn't even tell when I went outside as it felt wet against my hand but then I came inside again and what do you know, sparkly little ice crystals all over my jumper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,037 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ive to try and watch siobhan Ryan's forcast but it seems to have changed the attitude of people online. Also part of my neighbour driveway which he had cleared hadn't got snow on it but it's got a kind of film on it. Is this the fine snow people keep mentioning ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

beco wrote: »

or mt?

Advertisement