Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

A very fine snow being blown about here Sth Kildare. Snowed on and off but had a good bit of a thaw this afternoon.

Im hoping for more snow but whatever happens the laughs and smiles on my kids faces while we played in the snow and bulit Olaf the snowman will last a life time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I cant believe how these snow grains as Gaoth puts it have built up in the past 25 mins in Swords having filled in footsteps properly on our driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

Very Fine Snow Dublin 13 , Temp -1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It is strange that the 'rain' has managed to cover the car tracks that were visible 30 minutes ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

sdanseo wrote: »
    For what it's worth, my window is soaking wet.

One side of it is is -2 degrees

The other side is +21 degrees.

The air in between the panes can only do so much, it's not going to stay frozen.

It is here somehow :D These are rooftop ones, slowly getting quite hard to see through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Can’t believe how calm it is on the northside of Cork city....no wind at all

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Chong wrote: »
    I cant believe how these snow grains as Gaoth puts it have built up in the past 25 mins in Swords having filled in footsteps properly on our driveway.
    It's insane. I've never seen anything like it and unsure we will again!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jones 19

Rte news report was an extreme warning, if it unfolds like she says its extremely band for most of the country. It'll be one +one v soon, worth watching.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Report from Drogheda is very heavy winds and what I think is snow, but appears very light. When it hits the window it appears as rain or water, yet the areas of the ground that have been walked on are filling back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Light dusting in Mallow, hardly worth the wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Give it time folks, this is only the start of it, give it a few hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭tikkamark

Incredibly fine snow here on the Meath Westmeath border but it’s absolutely bucketing down it has been snowing non stop here since last night 13” and rising on the lawn and the drifts are up level with hedge tops.....i put snow chains on my van they do an awesome job of motoring on through the worst of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Looks like rain in Newbridge but when you go outside it's very fine snow. It would cut through you with the wind too.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Rain in D13 and slowly thawing the snow on the car

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Raining here in Dublin City Centre. Massive overreaction by MT/ the Government me thinks #snowflakes

If it's freezing snow in Rathmines I doubt it's raining in city..

None of it has been an overreaction! The storm hasn't reached dublin yet ffs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

An easy test to prove what's falling, put a small mirror in the freezer few minutes, bring outside if rain hits it, it will freeze straight away, if it's fine sizzle, it will stay on mirror as is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

It is strange that the 'rain' has managed to cover the car tracks that were visible 30 minutes ago!

Magic Rain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Raining here in Dublin City Centre. Massive overreaction by MT/ the Government me thinks #snowflakes

City will always be warmer and more sheltered. You are the exception, not the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

This is gone beyond boring at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Very fine snow in wicklow town near the coast. Not rain. Had nothing and now the ground has fine dusting of white. Its very light and getting blown around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Stuck a black sleeve out the window and it's the finest/smallest white stuff I've ever seen.

In fact if you bagged it, the notorious might be interested in buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

d'Oracle wrote: »
    You can still make a call yourself, you have just been informed that it could be very dangerous to carry on as usual.

Not possible to carry on as normal, as everything has been closed due to red alert - businesses, shops, pharmacies, even petrol stations, today on south Dublin which until this evening has been effectively just for a few flurries and a manageable amount of lying snow from Tuesday night. Tonight into tomorrow the warning is justified, but before this evening, completely OTT in my opinion. We Irish, according to relatives abroad, are 'far too fragile' when it comes to these things. The last day or two the authorities have been treating the snow so far as if it was radioactive fallout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

Gas thing is I'm in the same county (south Ros) and we have 7 inches of snow outside my back door.

same here in s.roscommon. absolutely EPIC snow from 6am until about 4pm! Although I think we may just be on the edge of anything that will happen tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A few people dead in England due to the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This rain is clearing all the footprints on the pavement

T98zxfI.png

SJkB53J.png

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

Ice rain in Portlaoise.Bit of a wind gathering too.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

Snow is now starting to accumilate on top of what’s already there in Bray. Very heavy winds accompanying snowfall.

I think the storm has now properly started, and judging by the radar, Bray, South Dublin and North Wicklow are only just on the northern fringe of Emma.

I think we’re in for a historic night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I believe it when I see it, right now it's not even 0 degrees.

Temps

temp_uk.png

Dewpoints are getting very high. We're 1-2 degrees from all out rain. My limited knowledge is that as the leading edge passes temps should drop again, but this system is so bewildering I don't even know.

Since apparently wind turbines now slow the earth's rotation, it could be 10 degrees and sunny in an hours time and I probably shouldn't be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,037 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

leahyl wrote: »
    Can’t believe how calm it is on the northside of Cork city....no wind at all
    There is a wind blowing. It's not that calm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cazale wrote: »
    Looks like rain in Newbridge but when you go outside it's very fine snow. It would cut through you with the wind too.

I think that's what's confusing people, looking out you'd think it was raining,try going out in it and it's a different story. It's like needles of ice blowing in the wind.

Advertisement