Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Yikes boards is breaking under the pressure of it all

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭abacus120

Blizzard in greystones co wicklow with the wind

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Deaf student

fritzelly wrote: »
    Cork is crashing the internet again

Yeah it did:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Calibos wrote: »
    Snowing quite heavy in Bray thanks be to jaysus!

[EDIT] Scratch that. it lasts about a pxy 30 seconds! :mad:

This better not be it for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

View from house! And my doormat..

Cork city.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Yikes boards is breaking under the pressure of it all

We need more gerbils at the core :D

Ahhhh the power of cork people 😈

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 actaphobia

It froze

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thespoofer wrote: »
    Here in Cork I am now officially changing the name of the 'Beast from the East' to the 'Munster Monster'!

Hahaha class :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Text from supervisor just now. Red alert for my area. No work till Monday but still paid woohoo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Light snow after a few bursts of mod to heavy driving snow. 2cm in about 20 minutes should be more on the way

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Not to be a joykill, but I honestly thought with all the posts that Cork was going through an Antarctica phase. Looking at he photos, it just looks the same as here (Dublin 10 - which is by no means he worst hot spot!).

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

The Rebels are taking over

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

This is 10 miles away ... absolutely nothing here but look at this - just shows what a few miles does...

https://twitter.com/osullivaneoghan/status/968979770942918667

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

antodeco wrote: »
    Not to be a joykill, but I honestly thought with all the posts that Cork was going through an Antarctica phase. Looking at he photos, it just looks the same as here (Dublin 10 - which is by no means he worst hot spot!).

Yeah...but it’s Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Ok, it’s been solidly snowing down for a few hours now but in the last 2 minutes it’s full on blizzard in cork city’s south side. Never seen the like in my 38 years. Loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

patneve2 wrote: »
    Light snow after a few bursts of mod to heavy driving snow. 2cm in about 20 minutes should be more on the way

Finally picking up here now, proper stuff -3.0c and heavy heavy snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

UwP0flS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Heavy snow now in Kilpedder, North Wicklow. First major fall since first thing this morning. :)

leahyl wrote: »
    Yeah...but it’s Cork!

the snow shield is broken!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Liffey4A

Wexford Town has had hardly any. The steamers coming off the Irish sea have dodged it by and large.
    They will get a shock if Emma comes to dump snow there to the amounts that chart show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    the snow shield is broken!!!!!

I think we can consign the snow shield myth to the bin at this stage!

Made it home safely! Some of the footpaths in the city centre are lethal right now. I counted 6 hotels/buildings on Gardiner Street that have tried to clear the snow by pouring water all over the steps and path :/

I was walking along the Liffey and at distance was wondering what the stripey poles were...turned out they were trees with perfectly formed snow stripes on their East side! Bit of sideways snow must have been blowing earlier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Happy for the Corkies. They always seemed to miss out on other events.

But I'm getting worried about Boards servers coping with the traffic of Emma/Beast/Red Alert tomorrow and Friday (and maybe beyond, who knows).

Cool the jets and limit the refresh, or maybe put pics on the picture thread or something? I sound like an oul killjoy but we need this thread to stay active and live through this. That's why it's here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Decent bit of snow now in Dublin 16. -3.2c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Very windy and heavy thick snow down at dublin port. Does anyone know when we are expecting more mild weather again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Thespoofer wrote: »
    Here in Cork, I am now officially changing the name of the 'Beast from the East' to the 'Munster Monster'!

Fan her up to the Banner

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Halpenny

headache_puppy.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Whatever about Cork city, the south Cork coast from Roches point along to Kinsale and Clonakilty took a hammering today. We are starting this storm from a very different base to most of the country. On my last measurement there was 18cm of snow outside my house in rural Kinsale. The accumulations tomorrow and Friday will make this a record-beating event for where we are, that is for sure. I know Dublin had snow today and it was given extensive coverage on the news :) but we have almost 20cm of snow already on the ground going into tomorrow!:confused:

Advertisement