Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Starting to accumulate in South east Kerry.
    Light snow but bit by bit is turning the landscape white.
    Increasing intensity in the last 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Buried in Naas now

2_B3_E9342_C492_43_BD_9_AA7_248_A562_F4_CE4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LongfordSligo

Well, other than the odd little sprinkle today. Never close to giving us a covering. But I'm mindful of how Castlebar got coated yesterday afternoon in less than an hour
    Anyway - my weather app (Weather & Radar) tells me light snow will start at around 22.30 and will keep falling through to morning (and it's usually very accurate) - So - I'm not giving up on the hope of waking to a white wonderland. :)
    Sharing your pain up the road in West Sligo.. maybe tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

irlgw wrote: »
    what area constitutes 'south dublin'?

The area south of the liffey, pretty much all of the area from south of the liffey to the county edges is urban/city apart from the uninhabited mountainss

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gluppers

Who's this Hirlam chap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

I was wondering about the wind too. We are on an elevated spot here on the south Cork coastline (battered by the wind on an ordinary day not to mention something like Ophelia) but there is nothing at all special about the wind tonight, in fact it is less than usual so far. I'm a bit confused - has Emma actually arrived yet or are something like Emma's sneezes hitting us first?

Btw, it has stopped snowing here and has gone back to dropping diamonds/crystal meth from the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

irlgw wrote: »
    what area constitutes 'south dublin'?

With as localised as some of this seems to be, it helps to be specific alright. I'm in Sandymount and have had micro-snow showers for the past couple of hours

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KingBobby

When is the worst expected to hit south dublin?

Very windy out there now D16 just wondering how much worse will it get and when

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

depcon wrote: »
    Can someone post a link to the tiitraffic.ie website has webcams for most of the country. I can't post Urls.
    Saganist wrote: »
    They're down at the moment.

https://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

Fine now
    https://www.tiitraffic.ie/cams/

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Blizzard LIKE conditions in Limerick. We have a whiteout finally 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Two words: When thunderstorms?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Some of us will wake up to the snow half way up the front and back doors. Last time in 2010 the front sliding door was frozen solid. Hairdryer on an extension lead sorted that one out after much scratching of heads trying to figure out what to do!

I can try the same if it happens this time, but I can also get out the back door and through a gate into the laneway. No wait..... both the back door and the patio doors open OUT :eek:

OMG. There may be trouble ahead....

Theresa Mannion report incoming... "Woman opens frozen door with hairdryer". LOLz.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

D.Q wrote: »
    Bird.

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Copious is such a great word to hear on a snow forecast ! This could be an epic night for some places. Radars are showing heavier precipitation coming across the Irish Sea now, still possibly a few hours away - will it be rain,ice pellets, snizzle, graupel, freezing rain or the proper sneachta. I think the latter!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

gluppers wrote: »
    Who's this Hirlam chap?

http://hirlam.org/

It's a weather prediction system used by Met Eireann and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Saganist wrote: »
    They're down at the moment.

https://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

Since May last year :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

I can't believe up to a metre of snow in Dublin. I can't even contemplate that. It seems too far fetched for me to even think about that rationally. Some people are going to wake up to a big surprise in the morning as imagine most people won't really digest what 1 meter of snow means. I'm in Cork and 6 inches even seems far fetched to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,205 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

je551e wrote: »
    I’m lost Munster is 6pm

In order, Red warning ends in Connacht Ulster at 6am Friday, ends for Leinster Munster at 6pm

Its true that the weather is moving towards Connacht Ulster, but the warning is longer in Leinster Munster because of the two days of snowfall and ice already present before Emma arrived. It will be a briefer event and a quicker recovery for Connacht Ulster, albeit no joke in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Doyler99

Bucketing down powdery snow in Dublin 16 - Leading to decent accumulations! Looking forward to waking up to a metre :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Amprodude wrote: »
    Will all businesses shut down again tomorrow? I'm referring to those that operate in the evening time?

Bars and brothels? :pac:

Steady falls now in Dublin 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Elessar wrote: »
    Two words: When thunderstorms?

Definitely hodler of Bitcoin lol when moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Whehey!

Serious blizzard conditions here in wex Town! It's awesome! Never seen anything like it! So much snow has fallen since five o clock! Snowman has been made and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

Stheno wrote: »
    Very quiet in Swords no significant snow or wind

We got home at eght and the car is still clear

Just looked out the window here in south Dublin and noticed the windows on the car that I cleared this morning are still clear

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Siobhan Ryan on prime time now

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Very fine snow now, makes visibility look a bit poorer like it's misty in the distance. Finally got a few mm of dusting back again though to make up for how poor the day was today with 0 accumulation and losing basically all the snow we had gained. At the border of Tipp to Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

Half snow half rain in d12. Cars are becoming less snowy than earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Still the very fine snow here in Courtown, wind is still as strong but feels quite fresh when out of the direct wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

veetwin wrote: »
    Much milder here in Portmarnock +2C , very windy with powdery snow/sleet, certainly no accumulation of snow given the high temperature. There would have to be a dramatic shift at this stage to turn it into a metre of snow.

2C ? is this your car thermo or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Jesus, did yer man throw on a jacket on over his pajamas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

KingBobby wrote: »
    When is the worst expected to hit south dublin?

Very windy out there now D16 just wondering how much worse will it get and when

I’m in Sandyford D18 and the accumulation is amazing here. Snow up to the door and fairytale snow on the base of the windows. Howling a gale and snow constantly falling

Advertisement