Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Started snowing again in Ringsend.

Great to see Cork getting so much, amounts must be on a par with Dublin at this stage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Aruba08 wrote: »
    stuck to the window here and nothing.

Well it wont be nothing come 8am. And it'll be coming from a different direction and like nothing you have seen before.

Right click on the valid for and moves it by the hour. It'll give you an idea of what is coming your way!

https://weather.us/model-charts/swisshd-eu/ireland/significant-weather/20180301-1400z.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Goose81

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    holy mother of mercy the entire country is on red alert and its gone from 12 to 3:eek::eek:

12 what?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

antodeco wrote: »
    Not to be a joykill, but I honestly thought with all the posts that Cork was going through an Antarctica phase. Looking at he photos, it just looks the same as here (Dublin 10 - which is by no means he worst hot spot!).

I thought that too, I think snow is just more rare in cork and maybe that's why the huge amount of excitement ? Sorry to talk about ye so patrionisngly hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Decent bit of snow now in Dublin 16. -3.2c atm.

Should we get more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Okay I'm definitely only on the edge of any showers, not adding much and heavy bursts appear for maybe 2 minutes before it stopping completely... Come on wind change direction just slightly

Same, in bray and not getting much bar the odd flurry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭thomil

Goose81 wrote: »
    12 what?

It has been extended from Noon on Friday to 3 in the afternoon. Looks as if this event just keeps on growing...

Any guess as to where the first glaciers will form? :D

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

STATUS RED

Snow-ice Warning for Ireland
    Further heavy snow showers will bring accumulations of significant levels with all areas at risk.

Blizzard conditions will develop from the south Thursday afternoon and evening as heavy snow and strong easterly winds bring snow drifts northwards over the country. Eastern and southern coastal counties will be worst affected.

Issued:Wednesday 28 February 2018 23:00
    Valid:Wednesday 28 February 2018 23:00 to Friday 02 March 2018 15:00

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Crazy gusts in Galway city! I'm up on a hill and used to them but that came out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Coming down thick and heavy in Kilcullen, Kildare now again. Roads back covered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Bread just passed Bitcoin in value .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

This, is after getting very intense, very fast. Harmonie must be showing something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Chucking it down in Naas now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Snowing at Grange again (heavily), I've said that so many times at this stage :P.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

wakka12 wrote: »
    I thought that too, I think snow is just more rare in cork and maybe that's why the huge amount of excitement ? Sorry to talk about ye so patrionisngly hehe

If that's it, 100% happy for there excitement. Maybe it's my naivety in assuming they get snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

thomil wrote: »
    It has been extended from Noon on Friday to 3 in the afternoon. Looks as if this event just keeps on growing...

Any guess as to where the first glaciers will form? :D

???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Thunder rumbling now in Midleton. It's mad. Feel I should have bought some Brennans bread to feel better!

The tonight show have just advised the Red warning is now nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Is it just me or is met eireann all over the shop lately. Chopping and changing warnings for different places, I don't think they know where and how significant this is going to be. Red warming for all of Ireland seems to be just to cover themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Goose81

You say that but we've had three hours of moderate to heavy snow with these warming upper levels.

Gaoth says the worst has passed, met eireann just updated to red for the whole country. Place your bets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

started snowing again dubin 13 after a 2 hour lull :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

So is it still “stay inside “ Thur 4-fri 12 or is it “that’s it lads your are inside from now till Friday 3. “

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭thomil

fritzelly wrote: »
    ???

The original warning was only until 1200h on Friday.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Not a flake in North Kerry, hardly anything over the last couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

A week ago this seemed like it was just an east coast event, now a nation wide red alert ! It's really way more exciting when everyone's getting a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

My guess is the snow is now so widespread at just 11pm that by morning the place will be completely unsafe and the winds will be rising

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Has stopped in Cork City.....for now....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

You say that but we've had three hours of moderate to heavy snow with these warming upper levels.

Gaoth says the worst has passed, met eireann just updated to red for the whole country. Place your bets

He said the convective showers off the sea

Tomorrow's event is a totally different animal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

He never said that. Check his post history, he clarified what he meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

bosco12345 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is met eireann all over the shop lately. Chopping and changing warnings for different places, I don't think they know where and how significant this is going to be. Red warming for all of Ireland seems to be just to cover themselves

They probably didn't want to put out a Nationwide red until the point they considered the risk of a Nationwide severe event to be great enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

pad199207 wrote: »
    Chucking it down in Naas now!

That localised for you I'm about ten miles north of naas and only getting dusting yet ten miles further north kilcock is getting loads

Advertisement