Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Starting to get interesting in dublin 5. Seems to be really beefing up now both in terms of wind and intensity of showers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

deise_girl wrote: »
    It's showtime!

thats hoping the chart is accurate

looking a lot more like snow now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Just getting ready for bed and noticed the pipes have frozen in the apartment :(

Assuming temp won't go up enough until at least Saturday for them to thaw?

In D15

Thats really not a good thing to happen.. You need to thaw them asap if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,153 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

wakka12 wrote: »
    Latest snow depth charts still saying dublin will have huge totals but still just ice pellets here. How could this possibly come anywhere close to a metre even if these ice pellets keep coming down until 6pm tomorrow it'll only be 3 or 4 inches Id say

In 1982 I went to bed with no snow on the ground & woke up to snow drifts 6 foot high. You'd be surprised how quickly it will build up once it gets going

Dublin 5 still pellets but its getting much heaver. Watching is swirling in the wind in mesmerising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,604 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I doubt it was freezing rain, it melted up impact with my face it the window or the wall

Was your face also frozen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Amazing looking out the front, snow blowing sideways in heavy winds the last hour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

In Ardfinnan there has been "light dusting " for the last 2 hours and it has covered up everything that was scraped up or brushed off today. It's definitely a deeper accumulation of snow on the ground.

Roughly 1 to 1.5 inches on the ground now.

Obviously nothing as much as other parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭compsys

Calibos wrote: »
    I'm not complaining about warning levels or anything like that. Simply frustrated at literally zero accumulation in my corner of Bray after 3 hours of this on top of frustration at that damn easterly wind shift meaning we only got 5cm on Tuesday night and nothing at all on Wednesday.

I genuinely am going to take a xanax now LOL :D

You've been unlucky so. It's been snowing on and off non-stop in Monkstown and Dun Laoghaire since 10pm Tuesday I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Getting that light snow that you can barely see but when you go outside you would be surprised how quickly that dust accumulates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

fritzelly wrote: »
    The red alert is for weather conditions, just because its lifted doesn't suddenly mean roads are safe to drive on

According to my fellas employer in galway it is, usual start time is 7am but it's been extended to 9am. He's a product builder in a factory, not exactly a paramedic or nurse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,444 ✭✭✭✭road_high

deise_girl wrote: »
    It's showtime!

Send a bit of that up to Kilkenny! Looks mad in Waterford / wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ZeroSum76

Insane blizzard here near Arklow continuing,the drifting is something else
    Looking at the ditches from upstairs in the house I’d estimate 3 or 4 ft deep there and it’s only 11pm

Wind gusting over 50kmh NE
    Air temp -0.4c
    Dp -0.7c
    Wet bulb -0.5c

Snow swirling up in air like a funnel
    Mad. 15 miles away in Wicklow just a cm of frozen stuff blowing around. ??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Have we missed it here in Waterford City, no Blizzard, no heavy snow since this morning, about 2" maximum??????

Don't know about Waterford but things are ramping up in Tramore at the moment. Finding it hard to see beyond 15m at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Storm Emma a non event in clonakilty we had more snow on Wednesday night at this stage

fritzelly wrote: »
    Was your face also frozen?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Continuous snowfall now for a few hours in North Cork, whiteout coming our way the likes that haven’t been seen in generations :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭clownface95

Probably wouldn’t even call it a weather event in the south-west. Nice to see the south-east had some snow. Roll on the nice spring weather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just getting ready for bed and noticed the pipes have frozen in the apartment :(

Assuming temp won't go up enough until at least Saturday for them to thaw?

In D15

Get a hairdryer at them. When thawed wrap them in anything to insulate them for the time being until you can get to a hardware store and get proper pipe lagging.

Zapperzy wrote: »
    According to my fellas employer in galway it is, usual start time is 7am but it's been extended to 9am. He's a product builder in a factory, not exactly a paramedic or nurse

So really no excuse to make people go in then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

sicknotexi wrote: »
    Getting that light snow that you can barely see but when you go outside you would be surprised how quickly that dust accumulates.

Yup. I cannot understand how nearly microscopic bits of wet ice are accumulating but..in D14 my garden was nearly bare at 6pm because my sister made a big snow man (we have a tiny garden)...2-3 inches throughout the garden now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Storm Emma a non event in clonakilty we had more snow on Wednesday night at this stage

The. Storm. Is. Still. In. France.

It hasn't reached us yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

spookwoman wrote: »
    7Wvp2IG.jpg

Yep proper snow again now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

No storm and told to stay indoors from 4pm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭pad199207

Conditions gone extremely bad in Naas now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

are all bars etc closed in Dublin.. panti bar just put pic up on fb of it full to rafters wtf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭clownface95

Irish_rat wrote: »
    No storm and told to stay indoors from 4pm...

It’s crazy lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    kinda disappointed down here in cork city :( was honestly expecting white out conditions. so far dusting of snow

Surely it is only going to start getting worse now judging by the radar?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Just been out for a drive east Galway Craughwell to Loughrea. Very rough low visablity at times and light blowing snow with drifts. Had to plough through a few.
    Amazing stuff. In total we got about 6cm today but some went by evening. Slowly building up again.
    Amazing the way the drifts build up in gateways etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Piling up in dalkey with a lot more on the way. Unreal weather

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The. Storm. Is. Still. In. France.

It hasn't reached us yet!

WTH are you on about (twice now)

Advertisement