Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭optogirl

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The. Storm. Is. Still. In. France.

It hasn't reached us yet!

The term 'non-event' is beginning to make me twitch.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

road_high wrote: »
    Send a bit of that up to Kilkenny! Looks mad in Waterford / wexford

That would make my work place actually believe I need to work from home atleast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,604 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

dharma200 wrote: »
    are all bars etc closed in Dublin.. panti bar just put pic up on fb of it full to rafters wtf

Red alert would never stop them

https://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=templebar

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Don't know about Waterford but things are ramping up in Tramore at the moment. Finding it hard to see beyond 15m at the moment.

Same in the city sweet caliber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,663 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

No it isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Blowing hard in the valley's of the Burren....

No Christmas FM for me.

I opted for The Shining....im very sick lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,444 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Gone very windy in Kilkenny again..

This is like survival of the fittest, given most men these days can't even change a lightbulb, are petrified by driving in a bit of snow, no preparation for heat or water, can't fix a boiler that goes out, can't fit a set of winter tyres on a car. We could be in for half the population dying off 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

are all bars etc closed in Dublin.. panti bar just put pic up on fb of it full to rafters wtf

Least they are all warm in there

Full of flamers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Woodenbridge, wicklow 125m asl and it's drifting heavily now .having had not a drop of snow since this started. Winds are high and snow is banging off the window .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Any news from lower east coast dwellers? It seems Emma should be hitting you guys now?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Full blizzard in D10! Seriously worse than 2010 (with the exception of the multi level ice that we had then). This is properly impressive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

looks more like sleet/rain in D4

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

The storm has been delayed. Sorry that the red alert came in at 4pm when the storm was expected to arrive at 6pm during a very unpredictable series of events. It will come. Stop the whining.

This is like survival of the fittest, given most men these days can't even change a lightbulb, are petrified by driving in a bit of snow, no preparation for heat or water, can't fix a boiler that goes out, can't fit a set of winter tyres . We could be in for half the population dying off 😂

They'll be goosed, excuse the pun

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Just getting ready for bed and noticed the pipes have frozen in the apartment :(

Assuming temp won't go up enough until at least Saturday for them to thaw?

In D15

Hair dryer asap if you can :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

fritzelly wrote: »

Schoolhouse in Swords is open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

https://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=templebar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Looking at the wind map Emma has not tracked NW as predicted...yet, its pretty much where its pretty much where it was earlier today.

https://earth.nullschool.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Full of flamers

It’s 2018 ffs

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

It hasn't reached us yet!

Who is going to get the horse?:D

Full of flamers

Loads of farmers down my local too, lock in for the night I'd say.

Egan's in Liscannor would be nice now, big open fire.....

Long hike lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Any news from lower east coast dwellers? It seems Emma should be hitting you guys now?

Very windy in D22. There is definitely something falling, but hard to make out if It's snow. If so, the flakes are tiny, and It's not filling in the gaps.

Nearly gone through all of today's wood. Will have to go out in the morning and start chopping more wood. This is what winter is all about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Intense winds..but still tiny ice pellets. If the flakes were normal snow it would be a crazy blizzard right now. D14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,604 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

antodeco wrote: »
    Nearly gone through all of today's wood. Will have to go out in the morning and start chopping more wood. This is what winter is all about!

Worse, all the beer has gone

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Muinteoir2018

Wind has not let up at all in North Wexford for the past few hours. After having no sticking snow the past few days, we've now a decent covering and continuing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

The snow has arrived to Westport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'm South East, near Knockmealdowns, and although the wind is stronger now and we get good flurries it's not spectacular either, and level on the ground is not rising dramatically.

Then again I have the Comeraghs to my East, and I reckon they take some of our stuff !

Also, it could be radar anomalies, but it looks like there's a circular area off the Dungarvan coast down to Cobh that looks clear on all the radars I look at.

Is this like ... the Cork snowshield or something ? :confused::confused:

Dungarvan seem to get a dump here and there but nothing like the rest of the coast.

Advertisement