Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

It doesn't seem to be snowing much in D24, but I just looked out my back garden and I kid you not there must be over 1 foot of snow and I don't think its from drifts because its flat, the drifts against my wall are definitely higher than a foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Raging blizzard, sheets of it battering the dalkey coast. No exaggeration

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Windy here with sharp fast gusts and snow still falling, depth rising slowly.
    Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭abacus120

Calibos wrote: »
    Every time I read another post about accumulations of the heavy 'fine' snow I pop my head out the Velux....

.....nope.......still just a dusting on the roads in my corner of Bray.

This deeper red blob out in the Irish sea better deliver the good stuff

Xanax yet to kick in. :(

;):D
    Greystones is getting lashed out of it,so close to bray

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I reckon about 2 inches of snow in SW Wexford so far , its steady very light flakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Popped outside for a bit to see what it was like as windows weren't too clear. Door is frozen shut with ice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Current view in Ballygunner, Waterford.

That hazy look is just constant, light snow driving sideways.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Cleared this at 6 this evening thinking it would be ok to cover night, how wrong was I. This is south facing door too btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Bit of late fun

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

City centre is all grainy snow. But it has the feeling of seriously big stuff about to drop at any moment.

Also seen some of the biggest icicles I've ever seen. So big that I broke them down incase then split some poor git open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

I just cant take all this in! Never in my wildest dreams.............
    Truly a once in a lifetime event in these shores you feel.

Massive call out to all the boards regulars for calling this so early and posting charts and explaining them in a way i can grasp the concept!

This forum is class, but on a big event nite it’s incredible.
    Best compliment i can pay all the regular posters and the mods.........

I recall joining boards in 2011 after another snow event for Ireland that failed to materialise.
    I was disgusted it went pear shaped so late in the day, i ranted, raved, suggested MT was delusional and i acted the spoilt brat and rightly was banned for a few days after too much mouthy comments (Lumi ahem!)
    Yet i came back, was in fact welcomed back, and 7 years on im still here, still no clue of charts but know who the top guys are to follow, i would not miss weather on boards ever!
    You guys really rock!

Future is bright too .......... Sbryan

Storm Emma, its making me in to some sort of wuss..... oh well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

abacus120 wrote: »
    Greystones is getting lashed out of it,so close to bray

By all accounts your getting the same as us in bray, from what I’ve heard from people down there anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭secman

Dublin 24, looking at car you wouldn't think much has happened but my back garden has huge drifts of Snow, I have four steps up to a raised garden and you can't see the steps at all. At its deepest I'd say it's easily over 1.5 feet if not 2 foot and with plenty to come. Non event my arse ! The car won't accumulate snow on it due to strong wind blowing the fine Snow, hence the drifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

MaccaTacca wrote: »
    You must be joking? I live close to the seafront in Bray, just walked out onto the street, and footsteps from when I last checked an hour ago are now gone.

These small snowflakes are causing decent accumulations, and are building steadily for what’s to come.

If you look at the radar, only a tiny piece of this storm has currently passed over the Bray/Shankill area, there’s hours of this to go.

I’m confident we’ll get falls that are not too far from the predicted meter.
    I dont know what he's on about either, I just walked across the road to Aldi up on the Boghall, the snow in the carpark is a foot deep in places, nearly total whiteout, my footprints were gone as I walked back ten minutes later aswell, this is unprecedented, 12 more hours of this?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Some serious drifts happening at the moment in Clondalkin. My wall is just over 4 foot and it's half way up, back garden is worse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Just heard Siobhan Ryan on the radio saying she expects the worst to be over... by Saturday night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Going by what I've seen and some of my own reanalysis, most certainly.

Cheers.

Must say some of you who are looking more at the more subtle climatology - and you in particular - called this event from a long way off, months not weeks.

Major kudos where they're due to you, MT, GL, and a few others I'm forgetting to name for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

*ahem*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

I used to have a wall at the end of my garden. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Live close to the docklands a few floors up and my view of the tower crane (SOBO along the liffey ) is starting to fade ..so we are looking like go for more intense snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Stepped out in dublin 5 (raheny) and the snow is hammering down, hard to see the snow in the massive gusts but straight after stepping out, covered in white gold. Can hardly see across the street!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

I really hope not Sryan:) I'm a bit older than you though:o

Anyway congrats to you all. I'm not even there and I am excited reading the posts

But you did do a snow dance .... it’s all your fault

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Saganist wrote: »
    I used to have a wall at the end of my garden. :eek:

If it gets to the stage where you're saying "there used to be a shed in the garden" we'll know things are really bad :pac::P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

sdanseo wrote: »
    Cheers.

Must say some of you who are looking more at the more subtle climatology - and you in particular - called this event from a long way off, months not weeks.

Major kudos where they're due to you, MT, GL, and a few others I'm forgetting to name for sure.

Thank you, I did underestimate it though for its extremes - I didn't want people to think I'm bananas for going mental nor did I want to disappoint myself like I did for Winter 2016-17.

Just remember these three words for a thing like this in future, sudden stratospheric warming.

That's the only thing of what made me call this several weeks ago (although on a much lower scale).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭patrickc

diceyd wrote: »
    Bit of late fun

that sounds dodgy at this time of night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

Goose81 wrote: »
    As a biker that is absolutely Darwin candidate stuff riding in this weather. No doubt he had dropped it a few times before he decided to walk

It's quite unbelievable how thick some people are

Would that be same one who was ragging it about in the 5 inches of snow on Wednesday morning ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Rooftop access door is unlocked in my apartment block in Docklands of Dublin 8 stores up....tempted but scared to head up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Just North of KK city its turned allot more consistent and dare I say heavier? :o
    I think we are moving up through the gears now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

Calibos wrote: »
    Every time I read another post about accumulations of the heavy 'fine' snow I pop my head out the Velux....

.....nope.......still just a dusting on the roads in my corner of Bray.

This deeper red blob out in the Irish sea better deliver the good stuff

Xanax yet to kick in. :(

;):D
    Currently sitting at 8cm in Greystones last time I checked half an hour ago, likely 10 now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Is anyone in Dublin getting proper snow? Still getting them ice pellets in Blanch

Advertisement