Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Rooftop access door is unlocked in my apartment block in Docklands of Dublin 8 stores up....tempted but scared to head up.

Go for it..take a photo...be brave!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

If this is the light stuff imagine if that blob in the Irish Sea makes landfall

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Accumulating fast near Santry now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Eye of Emma in Bay of Biscay still ?

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-10.88,53.47,1745/loc=-3.701,44.343

Nowhere near Ireland, though it's effects are increasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Is anyone in Dublin getting proper snow? Still getting them ice pellets in Blanch

Samesies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭whatever99

Sorry if this has already been asked, but any of the experts here think we’ll get much/any in north Galway? Currently a bit of snow, but nothing dramatic. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Rooftop access door is unlocked in my apartment block in Docklands of Dublin 8 stores up....tempted but scared to head up.

Don't even think about it. That wind is gusting pretty damn severe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Rochestown, Cork. Not snowing at all. Why tf am I missing out? Live on top of a hill which can overlook the whole city!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭chud1234

Raining in bettystown Meath atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Don't even think about it. That wind is gusting pretty damn severe

Yes, surprisings gusts and swirls now :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Rochestown, Cork. Not snowing at all. Why tf am I missing out? Live on top of a hill which can overlook the whole city!!

none of the city has heavy snow rn.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Intensity noticeably kicked up another gear in D14. I can't imagine places in alpine ski resorts get winter storms any worse than this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

A few cm in Cork City. It's currently a kind of small flake snow. Not ice pellets, but not the big fluffy stuff that we had earlier. It's quite intense though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is anyone in Dublin getting proper snow? Still getting them ice pellets in Blanch

Been getting snow for a while in the city, seems to be ramping up now tho

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

sNow joke, does the roof have railings or a high parapet? It's 100km/h winds up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Got a bit of a lull in the blowing snow so I could stick my phone out the window for a second, still very windy though! (D18)

https://streamable.com/v1g6e

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Getting pretty fierce in rathmines now. First time I’ve been able to clearly see flakes falling outside

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Thargor wrote: »
    I dont know what he's on about either, I just walked across the road to Aldi up on the Boghall, the snow in the carpark is a foot deep in places, nearly total whiteout, my footprints were gone as I walked back ten minutes later aswell, this is unprecedented, 12 more hours of this?!

Its obviously all just blowing up the Putland Road then. Seriously. Maybe the wind is at its strongest down here as it has no obstructions over the sea and after it climbs the Putland to the Boghall where ALDI is @ 157m the clouds are dumping what the winds down here kept aloft and then even more due to orographic lift

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Very little happening here in cork. Only snow is what we had since yesterday pretty much. Not much wind. Is Emma stalled a the moment and should we expect her to hit cork later on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

It’s building in Gorey slowly but definitely surely. Dogs went ourside for a piss 30 mins ago and their snow prints are gone

It’s been basically snowing since 4pm, so the build up not quite as fast as I was anticipating. But I’m not going to work tomorrow. Happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

After the October 2011 floods in Dublin I thought to myself "imagine if all of that was snow", jokingly of course. Guess the joke's on me now. I like jokes. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

jo06555 wrote: »
    Will all that rain be turning to snow in next band
    On radar heading south east it shows lots of green coming after what we have

There’s no rain anywhere.

Looking at the lampposts here in north coastal Dublin it looks like a huge storm. Nothing much accumulating though. All to play for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

CptMackey wrote: »
    Very little happening here in cork. Only snow is what we had since yesterday pretty much. Not much wind. Is Emma stalled a the moment and should we expect her to hit cork later on tonight?

According to Cork airport METAR, it's expecting heavy snow in Cork between midnight and 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kingrosie

Is this only the beginning? Is it actually going to increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

what I am surprised about is the lack of wind in cork, its very little and according to cork airport updates every 30 mins its actually dropping (which i guess could be calm before the storm? :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

From 4pm today to now still nothing happening in north kilkenny apart from very light snow......

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Do it! Post pics! Don't die...

Here in Naas, the wind is howling. There is over a foot of snow on the car roof and right now it's sticking to the windows and up to 2 foot drifts in the garden.
    I have ignored everyone but MTs forecast and it has been spot on for me. Although 2010 was a longer duration, this is a more extreme event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Yes it will.

As for Cork people and South Tipp, be patient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭b318isp

Snizzling here in Ratoath more or less continuously for the last 7 hours - but not accumulating. What strikes windows melts very quickly, temperture rising towards 1degC, DP around -3degC.

Advertisement