Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Ah, I'm sure you can find Jack Daniels <i>Somewhere</i>.....

Drifts by my bins in the front garden are up to the garden wall now.
    I want to do a quick walk but my missus would kill me.

Start a fight and storm out.

It's worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Lamp posts are attempting to tilt at Grange in the strong easterly winds. Ooh

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

D14, my area hasnt stopped snowing since thismorning.

It may be light snow but its accumulation in the last hour or so, holy crap. really gusty winds too, proper feeling like Ophelia and Emma went on a double date with The beast from the east here atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Still nothing of any note in South West Laois. Light breeze but no snow falling. I wonder how long I'll have to stay up for to see any of it. Its almost like an eery calm at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

Snowing lightly but steadily for hours just west of Galway city, and looks like it's just going to get heavier through the night.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Johnstown Castle the only station reporting heavy snow at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Power gone in wicklow . But sure we will survive

Where in Wicklow? Have an elderly relative in Blessington

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Looks like some proper flakes now on the Temple Bar cam, light for now. Along with a solitary taxi who's come to pick people up. Place is still well and truly open.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Gotten quite intense in Greystones in the last hour. I'd guess at about 4-6cm since 8.00pm. Blizzard conditions at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Power gone in wicklow . But sure we will survive

What part? or county wide?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭the 12 th man

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Where in Wicklow? Have an elderly relative in Blessington
    In Blessington we still have power.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HelloMrSnowman

Well over a foot accumulated in Newbridge, 3/4 foot in drifts with more falling as we speak. Have my own bit of snow to keep me awake for the duration of the blizzard, looking forward to seeing this once-in-a-century unfold in front of me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

House moaning and groaning here, probably adjusting to the temperature change.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Pentecost

If what is falling here were rain it would be very bad weather, as it’s not I’m seeing and believing in the gradual accumulation. However...is it likely that ‘big boy snow’ will come along in a few hours? (D6W)

Warnings gone from the MÉ website. Being updated and no doubt extended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Pelting down in Cabra .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Here in Naas, the wind is howling. There is over a foot of snow on the car roof and right now it's sticking to the windows and up to 2 foot drifts in the garden.
    I have ignored everyone but MTs forecast and it has been spot on for me. Although 2010 was a longer duration, this is a more extreme event.

Snowfall wise, get your point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Visibility looks grand, I can see that hedge no problem :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Large power outage near Wicklow town. 9000+ customers affected

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Very rough outside currently in D15! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I know this has been asked a few times but may have missed the answers. When is Storm Emma due to hit Dublin? Or has it hit yet? There's a bit of wind and constant light snow where I am, but wouldn't consider it too stormy.

Proper storm, early morning/tomorrow.
    This is a mere preview!

Storm eye is just north of France

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭aidanodr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Rooftop access door is unlocked in my apartment block in Docklands of Dublin 8 stores up....tempted but scared to head up.

Go for it..take a photo...be brave!

marno21 wrote: »
    Large power outage near Wicklow town. 9000+ customers affected

Seems to be the only outage with a restroe time that's within a few hours. All the rest - 8pm tomorrow.

Luckily only a few hours of that won't be daylight. Benefit of this happening in March.

Outage down the road from us here too. I have everything on charge topping up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

Any explanation as to what is causing the power outages? Wind damage or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

I know this has been asked a few times but may have missed the answers. When is Storm Emma due to hit Dublin? Or has it hit yet? There's a bit of wind and constant light snow where I am, but wouldn't consider it too stormy.

There is a post literally above you

In done here now . Been an unreal few weeks tracking this and can't believe it came off !!!! Happy Xmas to all the Snow Bunnies :@ Massive thanks to all the posters who posted charts and explanations of them .

Agree with Gaoith Laidirs request in technical thread too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Santry - not going out to check but ground floor balcony, facing into wind, have just realised that the drift collected is in fact from ground right up to window sill, so just above knee height.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Snow levels/drifts increasing rapidly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Advertisement