Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

aidanodr wrote: »

That guys excitable.

Ok staying up for 30 minutes. He’ll get a strong tweet if it doesn’t work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Getting deeper here in Bray North, covered another step outside a neighbors door I can see from the kitchen, think 2 steps covered tonight so far. Don't know what the other lad from Bray is looking out at, must live in a house sheltered from the drifting snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pawack

Max gust 74kmph on Howth head. Lights flickering.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Power gone in South Swords..
    Was looking out the window and something black and plastic broke away from my roof area.
    Only problem with that is there is nothing black and plastic on my roof?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Was heading off to bed there and was having one last look out the front door window when some man came literally stumbling zig zagging all over the road twisted drunk!! Seriously feared for his safety so I legged it and got my coat and boots on and grabbed the dog and followed him home caught up with him fast and found his house, but he really couldn't put two words together. Had to open the door for him. Silly people out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 j1234

Starting to get seriously worried if this keep up till morning. Up to my knees in the garden! Total blizzard outside. I can't even open my Doors!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Achasanai wrote: »
    Sleety rain in D14 as far as I can see (lamppost watching). Was wondering whether this was it for us, but hopefully it will start proper snowing soon. Fierce enough wind, though.

Storm hasn't hit, as far as I can tell. That's what the red warning is, well, warning against.

Other countries experience this type of event more frequently, and so are better prepared.

Just watched BBC News, cars and trucks stuck for 18 hrs on one road; getting on with it?

homeless with no place to go on the south coast!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I really don't know what's going on, rural North Cork/South Limerick border here, got a good lashing of snow for a couple of hours this evening, then suddenly stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

km79 wrote: »
    There is a post literally above you

Huh, I must have missed the post literally above mine in this incredibly fast moving thread. Sorry to inconvenience you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

East Co Kilkenny here and not much happened today. Had thawing and was probably a better day today weather wise, over yesterday. Wind picked up in the past 2 hours but nothing of significance. Snow outside remains at 2-3 inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Unbelievable, no words. Will rememberer this for a long time !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Just braved a short walk and omg already it’s incredible in Naas. The wind is something else with snow getting more consistent.
    ED446_EBF_B2_A7_4_D55_8_EBD_737_B45_FBC3_A3.jpg
    BF082924_52_C2_40_D6_9583_82149_A6_D432_B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Brought the dog for a walk around the estate. Epic snow and the dog had a ball bounding around. Don't know if it beats 2010 just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Flakes of snow now noticeably bigger in D14. Still small but definitely snow as opposed to ice pellets now

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

New red warning from Met E., Galway just added to Leinster and Munster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Snow-ice Warning for Munster, Leinster and Galway
    Update
    Blizzard conditions during Friday in Galway, Leinster and Munster. Exceptionally high accumulations expected in Eastern and Southern coastal areas.

Issued:Friday 02 March 2018 00:00
    Valid:Friday 02 March 2018 00:30 to Friday 02 March 2018 18:00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

j1234 wrote: »
    Starting to get seriously worried if this keep up till morning. Up to my knees in the garden! Total blizzard outside. I can't even open my Doors!

Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Building up fast. Proper flakes now.

Santry

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Was looking out the window and something black and plastic broke away from my roof area.

What do you have in your attic that is black and plastic?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

She may be a while off here in South Tipperary but Emma definitely has one foot in the door.

Snowfall really starting to pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

sparrowcar wrote: »

synthetic slate maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dublinwolf

ME have just issued a new red weather warning on their site:

Update
    Blizzard conditions during Friday in Galway, Leinster and Munster. Exceptionally high accumulations expected in Eastern and Southern coastal areas.

Issued:Friday 02 March 2018 00:00
    Valid:Friday 02 March 2018 00:30 to Friday 02 March 2018 18:00

In D14 the storm is whipping up fiercely, tree in my back garden looks close to falling, violent gusts and very heavy snow. Worse than I had anticipated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

fg1406 wrote: »
    East Co Kilkenny here and not much happened today. Had thawing and was probably a better day today weather wise, over yesterday. Wind picked up in the past 2 hours but nothing of significance. Snow outside remains at 2-3 inches.

You in the Shadow of Mount Leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Skedaddle wrote: »
    Any explanation as to what is causing the power outages? Wind damage or something else?
    Low temps, weight of snow, freezing H20 makes lines less flexible etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Not much happening here, Tipp/Kilkenny border. A bit windy and no snow falling. I'm going to finish my glass of wine and turn in for the night. I'm sure something will happen, but could be hours away, and don't feel like staying up all night. Pity, as I'd like to have seen a blizzard. I'm in the country too, so not much hope of seeing much anyway since we've no street lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

2”+ of snow now on the ground here near Mallow - amazing drifting even at this early stage. Never have I ever seen anything like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Where are you?

Iceland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 j1234

Where are you?

Dublin 24.....will post photos

Advertisement