Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Red alert has been updated to all counties as of NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Not a flake in North Kerry, hardly anything over the last couple of days.

Came down fairly heavy in Ballybunion for a while this afternoon

28156449_195069964597182_5347689614477885440_n.jpg

28428034_1929160757157123_4238532001256177664_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Whiteout conditions in Naas now. Heaviest it’s been all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Red alert is completely warranted here now in N. Donegal. It’s mad. Thick layer firmly on the ground and slamming down practically all day between flurries in the morning, showers in the afternoon and total blizzard like conditions all evening and ongoing. I shudder (with sheer exileration) to think what tomorrow and Friday are going to bring to add to this. It’s hard to imagine. A real winter wonderland here now in Inishowen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

OMG, it's blizzard-like conditions here at Grange at this very second! The snow is so heavy that it looks like there's fog.....

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah same concern from a North Dublin perspective with regards to Emma tomorrow, really doesn't look like she reaches here... we shall see I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Mr.S wrote: »
    I’m confused now, is more snow coming tomorrow or just cold / windy weather?

Its been repeatedly mentioned that snow is forecast for thursday going into friday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

My friends back garden in Carrigtwohill, East of Cork City....spot the westie!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Very Calm in Limerick at the minute...Is it the calm before the storm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Genuine question, is this still beast from east? Or Emma?

Emma is from tomorrow evening onwards.

You are my boardsie weather go to person

• Registered Users Posts: 13,183 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Red warning has gone nationwide, does that mean schools are shut?
    Yes

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Just to clarify, in the tech thread I said that we're past the heaviest of the showers. We should see a gradual decline in intensity in the next few hours. This is separate to Emma, which will be a dynamic-snow event, not relying on sea convection.

I'm just reposting this for anyone who is confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Very windy now in Clondalkin. There's no snow, However!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Very Calm in Limerick at the minute...Is it the calm before the storm

Eerily calm in Carlow too, nothing falling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Not a flake in North Kerry, hardly anything over the last couple of days.

My Mother said Killarney is the same. I FaceTimed her earlier and the garden just looked a tiny bit frosty. It’s weird because I’ve experienced snow in Kerry a good few times and often been annoyed being in Cork when it’s snowing in Kerry. But now Cork is covered in snow and nothing really in Kerry!

Saying that though my Mother has to leave for work at 5.30am so could be bad by then...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,017 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

To be honest I never thought cork would get anything even remotely this much snow before tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Emma is from tomorrow evening onwards.

Emma is already tightening the wind gradient over Ireland though

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

A Status Red snow and ice warning has been put into effect for all counties with blizzard conditions expected from early on Thursday afternoon.

The warning came into effect at 11pm Wednesday evening and will remain in place until 3pm on Friday.

basically an upgrade!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

It will yes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Mr.S wrote: »
    I’m confused now, is more snow coming tomorrow or just cold / windy weather?

Yes there is. Gaoth Laidir was posting that the heaviest of the convective showers have gone because the upper levels have warmed too much, i was pointing out we still had heavy snow despite this.

It's all systems go for storm emma tomorrow ,it's just a question of how much snow accumulates- some hi- res models differ on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LillyO

Rodar08 wrote: »
    Red alert is completely warranted here now in N. Donegal. It’s mad. Thick layer firmly on the ground and slamming down practically all day between flurries in the morning, showers in the afternoon and total blizzard like conditions all evening and ongoing. I shudder (with sheer exileration) to think what tomorrow and Friday are going to bring to add to this. It’s hard to imagine. A real winter wonderland here now in Inishowen.

Only 30 miles south here in the Finn Valley and we haven’t seen a flake since lunch time 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

RobAMerc wrote: »
    anyone willing to hazard a guess at the chances of my flight going tomorrow at 8.30am ?

Id hoped the calm night and lack of snow might help. I know later flights are defo cancelled already.

the irony is I am supposed to be going skiing.

Best to check https://twitter.com/DublinAirport?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor and airline feeds.

Get a refund and go skiing here!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

It was chucking down in Naas, I cleared a path out the back this morning and did a quick clear again in the afternoon but that's covered in at least an inch of snow now, with surely more to come.

I cannot get over how bright it is out - the combination of low cloud glowing orange by street lamps, casting its light back down upon the snow filled back garden.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Had to change channel. Couldn’t listen or watch the fool

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

This has been such a non-event for us in Arklow!!!! Our snow shield is holding up well unfortunately!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭virgo69

Bucketing down now in D13

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Ulster says NO!!!!!!

The "Arleen effect" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,117 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

STB. wrote: »
    Well it wont be nothing come 8am. And it'll be coming from a different direction and like nothing you have seen before.

Right click on the valid for and moves it by the hour. It'll give you an idea of what is coming your way!

https://weather.us/model-charts/swisshd-eu/ireland/significant-weather/20180301-1400z.html

According to that I will have nearly a full day of snow from tomorrow lunchtime :pac:

Advertisement