Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

How did emma pushing south to north bypass all the counties in between and land in dublin.
    Lovely day in KK and still a lovely night. No wind, no snow, no nothing.

Im literally 15 mins from town and yes there has been snow on and off since 7pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

which part? still much the same here in bishopstown

College road

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

jprboy wrote: »
    You said you were in East Kilkenny. As the crow flies you're much closer than 30 km from Mount Leinster, surely?

Just did a google map distance from where I am to mount Leinster and 3 routes give 30-31 km. not sure the distance as the crow flies as I’m staying in my in laws for a few days while my house is (meant to be) getting work done to it.

Any on topic, I’ve been weather watching all day from the home office/kitchen and it really hasn’t been much to write home about here. Wanted to stay up and see in the storm but still sod all happening outside. There’s less snow around the cars now than there was 24 hours ago. Wind, according to accuweather is 18km/hr so it seems like this part of the SE might be escaping the worst of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

DominoDub wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Sinabhfuil/status/969305293057347584

Seeing as we have so many online maybe we can help find this handsome chaps owner.

They’re powerful dogs. Hope he wasn’t left outside and escaped cos he was out too long. Most people that get that kind of dog in Ireland have no bleedin clue how to look after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Pelting down pellets, very low visibility. Has been like this for about 4 or 5 hours now

Cheers for the update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    Im literally 15 mins from town and yes there has been snow on and off since 7pm?

Flakes blowing around yes, but no real snow falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Wind is getting very loud here in Rush (north County Dublin) but still only very fine powder falling, which is what we’ve had for most of today. Would love to see some bigger flakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rala_

More snow expected next weekend apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Snow seems noticeably wetter here in Donabate & heavy stuff doesn’t seem to be moving in off the Irish Sea. Looks like coastal fringe affect will keep accumulation lower than other areas

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Snow getting heavier in West Clare, drifting alot too. I'll do a depth check soon, however you can't tell the line between kerbs and road very well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Stoneybatter right now, its serious. Been like this past few hours.

Thats unreal for that area. Take lots of pics come daylight. Brilliant photo ops.

Still falling and blowing powder in Kilkenny City.

Really? I’m not far from Clara and there’s only slight bits of powdery snow falling. Very little wind in comparison to Dublin- only 18km/hr

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

So what's the time record for reaching 10k posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

Wind is getting very loud here in Rush (north County Dublin) but still only very fine powder falling, which is what we’ve had for most of today. Would love to see some bigger flakes!

Yeah, same here in Swords. Will continue to stare in hope of some big flake action

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Markgc

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just about this. It was not a curfew but a warning and advice. Big difference.

Rest of your poor post can be torn apart by others.

Thousands upon thousands of trading hours lost. Business' struggling as it is; every second shop doorway in this town already boarded up.

They were too hasty to announce red warning countrywide and shut down road gritting so early.

I just received a Status Orange alert for Roscomon.
    Snow-ice Warning for Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Leitrim, Mayo, Roscommon and Sligo

Update
    Scattered heavy snow showers and icy conditions during Friday.
    Issued:
    Friday 02 March 2018 00:00
    Valid:
    Friday 02 March 2018 00:01 to Friday 02 March 2018 18:00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Snow getting heavier in West Clare, drifting alot too. I'll do a depth check soon, however you can't tell the line between kerbs and road very well!

Same here in Corofin...
    It's rough here most of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Snowed almost constantly all day south tipp.

Never seen the like of it before. Was actually lovely to sit in today and watch it. Very calming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Apparently some rough sleepers were actually sectioned.

It’s a tough call but I don’t think I could deliberately leave someone out there in this. Especially if they’re vulnerable or not thinking straight. Though the devil’s advocate says if they want to harm themselves they’ll find a way and you can’t realistically stop them, I’d still prefer to try and fail than never try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Apparently some rough sleepers were actually sectioned.

Doesnt surprise me. When I read about the 30 rough sleepers who refused accommodation earlier, my first though was that those'll be the paranoid schizophrenic ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭tscul32

Just woke up in swords, really hoped to see more than the stuff that's been falling all night. Now I can't get back to sleep, cos I know it's coming....

I just received a Status Orange alert for Roscommon.
    Snow-ice Warning for Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Leitrim, Mayo, Roscommon and Sligo

Update
    Scattered heavy snow showers and icy conditions during Friday.
    Issued:
    Friday 02 March 2018 00:00
    Valid:
    Friday 02 March 2018 00:01 to Friday 02 March 2018 18:00

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It would be more useful if people could provide information on the accumulations rather than snow type.

Here it's mounting up. Still relatively fine snow though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Markgc wrote: »
    Thousands upon thousands of trading hours lost. Business' struggling as it is; every second shop doorway in this town already boarded up.

They were too hasty to announce red warning countrywide and shut down road gritting so early.

Mod Note: Markgc You made your point now move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Gremlin wrote: »
    Seeing lightning flashes in North Dublin, no thunder tho.

Are you sure that’s not the lights flickering? It’s happened to me a few times near swords. (Sorry for not being very technical)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

Tragically 9 dead and 100s currently stranded in their cars in Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kingrosie

Could anyone guess when they main intensity will be felt over Dublin? Struggling to think this isn’t it and it could be worse

It would be more useful if people could provide information on the accumulations rather than snow type.

Here it's mounting up. Still relatively fine snow though.

3 inches is all we have here as at 11:30pm when I braved the front garden. A lot of that fell yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

Markgc wrote: »

If only they could come up with an acceptable ratio between profits/lives lost, then we could all just get on with it:rolleyes:

Advertisement