Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

The storm is tracking very slowly unlike our normal Atlantic ones.

Possible ideas in running my late night head before bed are:

Emma is having a great old battle with the east wind and the Jetstream.

The east wind is slowly grinding away at her outer bands ..holding her in position.

Thus why the main precipitation belts are slow in making it to the Irish Coast.

Will the East Wind or Emma win out ..or is the freak Jetstream the joker in the pack.

Looks like It will be a long game

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I just had lightning! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

D6W here. Been snowing since 6pm but different to the snow of the past few days. This stuff is wet but still building up nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Lissavane wrote: »
    It's not an accident. Professional forecasters were sceptical about this fiasco. Yes, it's cold. The government have sought to amplify the thing in order to manipulte public opinion. Met Eireann have capitulated.

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

So it didn't snow in your own back garden/village/town/whatever. Be happy with that, you won't have to deal with it and the aftermath.

I know some are disappointed so far, but it ain't over yet, just starting really.

The Red Alert could in no way be confined to every town and village in the path of the weather system could it?

Personally I think it was a good call. Got most people in safe and sound.

And tonight some places have been downgraded to Orange alert.

Forecasting is not infallible, but I think a good job was done all round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Holy ****! Power blown all around our apartment block and the others I can see. That’s a huge lot of apartments by 3Arena now without power. Alarms going off everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ray269

Just lost power. Near bakers corner

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Electricity just went out !!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Lost power in Ringsend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

budgemook wrote: »
    It was late but this is definitely not over hyped in Dublin 7 / Ashtown. Just went outside there, could barely get the porch door open and at the rate the snow is accumulating beside my car it will be covered by morning. Snow is pelting on side ways and showing no sign of slowing down. I'd love to go for a proper walk but I may go to bed! Setting the alarm for 6am as I don't want to miss too much of this.

The differences across Dublin are amazing. Coastal area here and not much happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

wow dublin looks to be taking a serious hammering, keep reports coming!

Anybody able to forecast anything for us down south? Debating going to bed, if I do and I wake up there the chance it will be raining and gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Wow did the whole city go down?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rala_

RAW data from multiple permutations on the GFS , ECM , its the mean ,

Another words outside of 2-3 days there pretty useless in normal weather ,

Type of complex systems were having now , 12 hours :pac::pac::pac:

Gonna understand I knew what that meant

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Subutai

Lost power here in Pearse Street, only for a few seconds though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I just had lightning! :eek:
    Holy ****! Power blown all around our apartment block and the others I can see. That’s a huge lot of apartments by 3Arena now without power. Alarms going off everywhere.

You're in that area sryan?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Not much happening here in Waterford either where I am, thinking we are gonna miss the worst of it which is both good and bad.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

This is insane. From whatsapp and here it appears most if not all of Dublin is now out of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Still power here in D4 luckily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Power gone in sallynoggin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Rougies wrote: »
    You're in that area sryan?

I'm in Dublin 13, Donaghmede/Baldoyle/Clongriffin general area.

No power cut.... yet for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Still have power in my area, my friend lost power around Johnstown Rd. (D18)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Ifsc all powered down. Talbot St area all down. Seems everywhere is gone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Flurries of snow here in ballincollig, cork, -2, no real wind yet anyway, hopefully it stays like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Gremlin wrote: »
    Seeing lightning flashes in North Dublin, no thunder tho.

Power outage I think

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

Trump did this 😌

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

NMB wrote: »
    Harold’s cross road

Did you go as far as the Maxoil garage? Wonder if its open. Running low on smokes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Power is still here in Clondalkin. Though, the lights flickered a few moments ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

I wonder if these are lightning strikes people are seeing or whether they're the transformers in substations tripping / other mains shorts? They can cause huge bright arcs.

No strikes are showing on the lightning map I use, but it's by no means perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Grand Canal Dock ESB gone too. 3 signal is terrible here so can’t check the PowerCheck app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Flickering lights here. Hate that. Just boiled the kettle in case it's all over and I think I might just throw a shot of brandy into the coffee now. I'm worth it!

Chin chin.

Advertisement