Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

But you have bread right?

2 pizzas and some aldi scotch 400 smokes I'm sorted till Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Minister wrote: »
    Been asleep for last few hours and not much change. Storm seems to have by passed Waterford?
    Yeah. Drink does that. Seems storm was fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

measured snow in back garden, 6-7 inches not drifted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Its not. Not had so much as a flicker of the lights in Dublin 6. I hate these sort of posts (no offence).

The is no snow/power is out in my street so the whole country is the same.

Everything back on now

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ich bin ein snowman

We had a foot and a half here in 2010, north Kildare, but this is on a whole other level in terms of intensity/ferocity (over a foot now already), It’s absolutely mental out! Proper flakes now mixing with the snizz. The drifting in my back garden is insane! Thanks for listening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Alarms ringing everywhere in Ringsend, the entire surrounding area has been plunged into darkness. Only the 3 Arena lights appear to be on. Still snowing like mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Not complaining or anything, coz tonights has been incredible in D15, whole week really.
    But... is the whiteout blizzard snow on the way, or is it leaba time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Latest shots from Finglas, D11

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Screen grab of Pearse st in darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Ballinclea Heights, Killiney Hill, Wyvern, power went out about 15 minutes ago, I can see two or three very faint street lights down towards Sallynoggin, but that's about it.

Power back, as I type, hooray!

[blows kisses and hugs wall socket]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

From looking at Twitter, it seemed like the power went in loads of places (D1, 2, 6, 8, Dun Laoghaire, Sallynoggin) at the exact same time (1:35). My lights (in Greystones) flickered at that time too, but I still have power (for now).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Latest shots from Finglas, D11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

delly wrote: »
    Screen grab of Pearse st in darkness.

Wow that’s mad weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Not complaining or anything, coz tonights has been incredible in D15, whole week really.
    But... is the whiteout blizzard snow on the way, or is it leaba time?

Time for bed for me, I'm going to get up in the morning and do a George Bailey in the morning....

"It's a wonderful life"

Run down to the village and wave hello to everyone lol

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Its not. Not had so much as a flicker of the lights in Dublin 6. I hate these sort of posts (no offence).

I’m in Harold’s cross that is Dublin 6 and I can definitely confirm the power is absolutely out

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ptrk85

It would be more useful if people could provide information on the accumulations rather than snow type.

Here it's mounting up. Still relatively fine snow though.

In Navan hard to judge accumulations, possibly 2-3cm as old tyre tracks and footprints have disappeared. Strong gusts blowing snow grains. Drifts are incredible, never seen anything like it. Neighbour across from me will get some land when he opens his door in the morning as snow is nearly a third the way up his front door!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭obriener2054

Seriously EPIC here in manor Kilbride ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ps200306

ps200306 wrote: »
    Power just gone in Dalkey. Using the last of my phone juice to post this :(
    Back again after half an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The power is back on again at Blackrock in Dublin. Hooray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Fuse box making noise like an engine since coming back on; how do I make it stop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

Wi-Fi gone out in D14. But power seems fine? I think it's Virgin Media? Anybody else having a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

A disappointment in Cavan only very light icy snow since this storm has arrived. Early this morning till about 5/6 we had constant moderately heavy snow from the east

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Went for a fast walk, roads arent 2 - 3 feet but not far off 1.4 feet to be exact, this was taken on the road outside my house in Tramore:

mkHsk04h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

https://twitter.com/NiallwMorris/status/969387617925156864

He caught the power outage - bright electrical arc immediately before the cut, I suspect that's what people saw when they mentioned lightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Same in Kimmage, no issues. Still lashing down to use a technical term. A few inches of fine snow added since this evening. Not too dramatic but enough to keep me looking out at it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

power went out in dundrum, for about 60 seconds. Then it came back, my tripswitch had flipped so i had lights but not sockets.

After i flicked it back sockets came back but no internet, for 10 minutes or so. obviously back again or i would not be posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Alarms ringing everywhere in Ringsend, the entire surrounding area has been plunged into darkness. Only the 3 Arena lights appear to be on. Still snowing like mad.
    I should never have left Dublin to live in the country. It sounds so exciting there!

I've nothing to look at but fecking stars. In the sky. Oh well...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah seems the coastal areas in Dublin are missing out slightly. In Shankill and now it’s been very slow and steady today and continues to be so. The snow that’s falling is pretty wet and you get the feeling that it could disappear quickly when the sun comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

Tryin to make sense of radars

It seems to me that the rain/snow is gaining intensity as it goes over the warmish sea but loses it over the relatively low humidity land hence the small flakes

Tomorrow during daylight i dont forsee any further accumulations for Connaught and Ulster but the rising humidity is producing heavier snow by the minute on the windward sides of Leinster and Munster

These areas will finish with exceptional totals in parts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

NMB wrote: »
    I’m in Harold’s cross that is Dublin 6 and I can definitely confirm the power is absolutely out

I am up the road and its on. These are local things not postal code things. Just because you have lost power in Dublin 6, it does not mean the whole area is dead.

Advertisement