Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Will shops in town be open in town tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Just got up to feed the baba. Doesn't look like much snow fallen in Thurles yet. Bloody cold though. Hopefully we can avoid altogether the kind of falls folks in Kildare are experiencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

otherfrog wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/NiallwMorris/status/969387617925156864

He caught the power outage - bright electrical arc immediately before the cut, I suspect that's what people saw when they mentioned lightning.

So cool !! And that’s what it was - but it’s rubbish because now I’ve no lecky ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Lissavane wrote: »
    I should never have left Dublin to live in the country. It sounds so exciting there!

I've nothing to look at but fecking stars. In the sky. Oh well...

I’d swap you for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That is quite dramatic. It could happen again through the night. Would it be safe to turn off lights with these electrical arcs of lightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

Gremlin wrote: »
    Seeing lightning flashes in North Dublin, no thunder tho.

HV electrical arcing

• Registered Users Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah seems the coastal areas in Dublin are missing out slightly. In Shankill and now it’s been very slow and steady today and continues to be so. The snow that’s falling is pretty wet and you get the feeling that it could disappear quickly when the sun comes out.

Raheny and Clontarf aren't missing out on anything.

Snow is about 20cm thick in places.

Went out there for five minutes and I couldn't hack it even in full gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

thebull85 wrote: »

Yes they will...ermm which town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

otherfrog wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/NiallwMorris/status/969387617925156864

He caught the power outage - bright electrical arc immediately before the cut, I suspect that's what people saw when they mentioned lightning.

They should have said "in Dublin" not "over Dublin". Gives the impression the entire city went dead when it did not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

thebull85 wrote: »

Doubt it in Munster and Leinster. Red warning in place. Anyone goes driving in that needs a talking to. Not sure about the rest of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Zero degrees currently and apparently rising!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Phone struggled to adjust the focus correctly at the beginning here, and of course you never really see the full extent of snowfall on a video, but it's just insane outside in Cabra at the minute (take a look at the power lines to see how strong the winds are)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

Power cut to 6900 customers in Wicklow Town and surrounds, I'm no expert but one fault to take that many people offline must be a serious one.

Exact same thing happened during storm Ophelia, too. Whatever it is, something isn't right with the grid connection out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭noodler

prinzeugen wrote: »
    They should have said "in Dublin" not "over Dublin". Gives the impression the entire city went dead when it did not.

No. It doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Perhaps no more than a couple of inches or 5cm in balbriggan, with drifts against walls of up to a foot max.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Visibility getting slowly worse here in Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I've still not had a power cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Do I see potential rain heading for Rosslare on the netweather radar? Is that still accurate, think someone said earlier it was being a bit funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

I am up the road and its on. These are local things not postal code things. Just because you have lost power in Dublin 6, it does not mean the whole area is dead.

So any chance of a lecky lend “neighbor” ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

AAAAAAAAA wrote: »
    Exact same thing happened during storm Ophelia, too. Whatever it is, something isn't right with the grid connection out there.

Could be a weak point at a critical juncture.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

pad199207 wrote: »
    Visibility getting slowly worse here in Naas.

Doesn't seem to be as bad here in Newbridge , getting the snow grains for the last few hours ,

Id check the radar but it says were not getting anything :D

443961.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

noodler wrote: »
    No. It doesn't.

Yes it does. You will have idiots tweeting etc now about a citywide blackout that did not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I hope ye all are reduced to candle lights in affected areas- it will mean a better story to tell to future generations:D

75 year old Gabeeg reminiscing : i remember the falll of March 2018, when we were reduced to candelight by night with a whiskey in hand...
    Come morning, with a massive hangover, i was shocked to discover i could not open the front door- i was snowed in for a week and had to survive on bread and Whiskey for seven days:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Power back in d4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Pentecost wrote: »
    Same in Kimmage, no issues. Still lashing down to use a technical term. A few inches of fine snow added since this evening. Not too dramatic but enough to keep me looking out at it anyway.

Might've jinxed it. Just had the first flicker of the flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Power just back now in Sandymount

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Yes it does. You will have idiots tweeting etc now about a citywide blackout that did not happen.

Idiots tweet idiotic things all the time.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Why would there be so many power cuts in Dublin.

Advertisement