Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gluppers

sabat wrote: »
    Power back in d4

That's a shame ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭noodler

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Yes it does. You will have idiots tweeting etc now about a citywide blackout that did not happen.

No. That tweet didn't imply that.

You are reading into it and other posts for some bizarre reason.

Be glad your power isn't out but it is extensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

beauf wrote: »
    Why would there be so many power cuts in Dublin.

Because it's red alert and we want to be the center of attention even if other places are getting more snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

I hope ye all are reduced to candle lights in affected areas- it will mean a better story to tell to future generations:D

75 year old Gabeeg reminiscing : i remember the falll of March 2018, when we were reduced to candelight by night with a whiskey in hand...
    Come morning, with a massive hangover, i was shocked to discover i could not open the front door- i was snowed in for a week and had to survive on bread and Whiskey for seven days:o

...and as the snow fell and the bears ate us, I looked around and saw that for the first time we were a real family.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Power back in Ringsend, just in time for my phone to charge before dying. :P Fairly play to the ESB! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Looks to be a band of very heavy (up to 10mm/hr) precipitation heading towards Wicklow / South Dublin, making landfall maybe in the next hour or two

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

Is this the *looking at the ads before the movie here In Dublin or are we in the movie now? I.E is it going to get even worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

It is accumulating in waterford 2 hours between shots

bXwjlax.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

pad199207 wrote: »
    Visibility getting slowly worse here in Naas.

Doesn't seem to be as bad here in Newbridge , getting the snow grains for the last few hours ,

Id check the radar but it says were not getting anything :D

443962.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Very poor visibility in Clondalkin now. And lights flickering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

I hope ye all are reduced to candle lights in affected areas- it will mean a better story to tell to future generations:D

75 year old Gabeeg reminiscing : i remember the falll of March 2018, when we were reduced to candelight by night with a whiskey in hand...
    Come morning, with a massive hangover, i was shocked to discover i could not open the front door- i was snowed in for a week and had to survive on bread and Whiskey for seven days:o

But there’s no bread !

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

So far the 'copious' amounts of snow have not materialised as expected from this storm.

Met Eireann talked about one metre of snow falling in parts of Dublin??

Way of that amount at the moment...the snow is falling and swirling here in Dublin 15 but not epic thick snow....yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Mr.S wrote: »
    Power back in D4, thanks ESB boys, Godspeed.

I’m still out

• Registered Users Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

This is going to look amazing when daylight breaks. Most certainly the most snowfall this area (West Clare) has seen in most people's lifetime.

Had been salting an area on front of the door to keep it ice and snow free, useless trying it at this stage snow has won.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Where I am it’s heading towards copious and getting worse

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Very poor visibility in Clondalkin now. And lights flickering.

I thought it was our bulb going! Ha

I definitely haven’t seen weather like this before here.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ich bin ein snowman

Judging by the latest radar arklow, Gorey and hopefully ferns are gonna get completed plastered soon (I’m not from or in Ferns).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Mental in Wexford strong winds and heavy snow the last 8 hours, 2ft drifts in places God knows what the morning will be like

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

So far the 'copious' amounts of snow have not materialised as expected from this storm.

Way of that amount at the moment...the snow is falling and swirling here in Dublin 15 but not epic thick snow....yet....

443957.png[/QUOTE]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Windy in Galway city, blowing powdery snow all over the place, it looks unlike anything I've seen before, sometimes like a dense fog. Our cm of snow has become 2cm since 12 o clock too. Exciting times!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Anyone care to tell me if it’s snowing in cork city? I’m in bed and couldn’t be arsed getting out of it....:-D not sound outside so I’m guessing not much has changed from 2 hours ago before I fell asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Dodge wrote: »
    I thought it was our bulb going! Ha

I definitely haven’t seen weather like this before here.

First flicker of the evening here too, was hoping it was the bulb! Am up beside Grange Castle so was hoping we'd avoid a cut due to being close to all those data centres and pharma factories!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Did you not say recently that it was worse than 2010 in D15, Ffarrell tell us where gets the most snow,again and again and again:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Very weak accumulations here in north coastal Dublin. Lots of tiny snow falling but nothing to show for it. Light dusting on the road.

The netweather radar seems to want to not move the heavier precipitation in the Irish Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Huge amounts of snow in Sandyford tonight - and still coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

noodler wrote: »
    No. That tweet didn't imply that.

You are reading into it and other posts for some bizarre reason.

Be glad your power isn't out but it is extensive.

It did but not going to argue. That tweet will be all over the news sites later. The description is "fake", over exaggerated rubbish.

As for the extensive power outage, where are you getting the info? Because the ESB is only showing long term cuts that are hitting 20-500 households local to the fault.

20 here, 50 there etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Huge amounts of snow in Sandyford tonight - and still coming.

Differences across the city are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Very weak accumulations here in north coastal Dublin. Lots of tiny snow falling but nothing to show for it. Light dusting on the road.

The netweather radar seems to want to not move the heavier precipitation in the Irish Sea.

Im guessing we're slightly too warm, and the snow really explodes when it hits sub zero temperatures further inland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 HelloMrSnowman

Having trouble uploading the photos, but measured 39 cm in sheltered non drift area, and 128 cm in drift by my car. Apparently we haven't even been hit properly yet.

Newbridge, Co. Kildare

Advertisement