Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Would be nice to get a bit of snow in Tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HelloMrSnowman

Also anyone have any links for a good radar? Don't trust netweather anymore as they were wrong all day, and ME radar doesn't seem to be great either, what are yous all using?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭J6P

Calibos wrote: »
    Hour 6, one last look out the Velux at Meath Road in Bray before sleep and..............

...[Sigh] The Ice Pellets are simply not accumulating down here. Still only about 2cm at best on the footpaths and road that were clear at 9pm.

I am expecting to wake up to same about 9am. Beyond frustrating to be house-bound for the duration of this but without a big payoff at the end.

What promised to be the most incredible sequence of weather events delivering historic snow depths in decades is nothing of the sort where I am in Bray. FFS!! :(

I understand your frustration.. Strong wind does not help close to the coast. 3 miles inland and i,m sure its a fkn whiteout.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Anyone know when storm Emma is due to hit Cavan please

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tobinjl91

worst thing about the blackout in D6 is I have no idea if its snowing or not now that the streetlamps are out :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KingBobby

Holy sh#t if we're due a heap more snow we'll literally be snowed in. Big snow drifts here in dublin 16 at 260m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

spookwoman wrote: »
    picking up again and blowing horizontal at times :D

I'm in Ferrybank side and no wind and only a gentle misty snow with not a massive accumulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

So is it going to miss the North East?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Tobinjl91 wrote: »
    worst thing about the blackout in D6 is I have no idea if its snowing or not now that the streetlamps are out :pac:

Yep I feel your pain !

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Met Eireann's wind forecast for 5am has the mean speed of 41knots very close to the coast from Howth to the Coole Peninsula.

https://www.met.ie/weathermaps/3hr-wind.gif?0300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Flakes are getting bigger now in Naas!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Fairly epic here in Tara, Meath already. About 25 cms of level snow and drifting to a few feet. Snow falling horizontally as grains.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KingBobby

Holy sh#t if we're due a heap more snow we'll literally be snowed in. Big snow drifts here in dublin 16 at 260m

20180302_025214_zpsrvjoalvs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

A fine dry snowy mist has been blowing here in Waterford for hours now. It's lovely to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

I’m looking on slightly jealous from afar. Accuweather is showing near 24 hours of snow for Dublin from now. Buckle up!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

So going by the legendary M T Craniums post that we're not even a quarter done with this yet, can we expect another week of similar weather? How long is this forecast to last anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ms. musette

Feels like a melt here in Sandycove.. Wind dropped off and then slight accumulation stopped. Dripping off the roof now :(. Wind back up now, but it's mainly rain. Snow gone off trees. Hope it turns around again.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭policy75

J6P wrote: »
    Calibos wrote: »
    Hour 6, one last look out the Velux at Meath Road in Bray before sleep and..............

...[Sigh] The Ice Pellets are simply not accumulating down here. Still only about 2cm at best on the footpaths and road that were clear at 9pm.

I am expecting to wake up to same about 9am. Beyond frustrating to be house-bound for the duration of this but without a big payoff at the end.

What promised to be the most incredible sequence of weather events delivering historic snow depths in decades is nothing of the sort where I am in Bray. FFS!! :(

I understand your frustration.. Strong wind does not help close to the coast. 3 miles inland and i,m sure its a fkn whiteout.
    Other than current snow there is nothing happening inland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Hehe. Who's calling it 'panic' buying now?

Seriously stormy here now. Some gusts would be close to Ophelia style

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Morby wrote: »
    So going by the legendary M T Craniums post that we're not even a quarter done with this yet, can we expect another week of similar weather? How long is this forecast to last anyone know?

He's talking about the Storm Emma related event being a quarter done, not the cold snap in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Fairly epic here in Tara, Meath already. About 25 cms of level snow and drifting to a few feet. Snow falling horizontally as grains.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

Minister wrote: »
    I'm in Ferrybank side and no wind and only a gentle misty snow with not a massive accumulation.

That's incredible. I am up the "Top of the Town" and we have accumulations like I personally have never seen. This is crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Starting to wonder when I shall get some sleep, the accumulations are so great in West Clare it doesn't look like they're growing anymore, it's all reletive!

Only 6 hours in, shannon is forecasting snow until 2pm, the GFS is showing continuous snow until 6pm Saturday ! Heavy snow at least all through tomorrow.

Strangely the temperature is slowly rising, went from -1.1c at midnight to -0.6c now. Hopefully it stays around this level.

Also, snow depths exceeding 7 inches in some drifts, and the wind here isn't exactly strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

pad199207 wrote: »
    Seriously stormy here now. Some gusts would be close to Ophelia style

Here is not a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

Disappointing here, only 5cm since 8pm here in Tipp, constant light snizzle. Really need the precipitation to pep up in central areas otherwise this will not be anything special around these parts, nothing remotely blizzard-like about this so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Just been out for a wander in Cabinteely, the drifts are knee height! It's insane! Snow is far better than 2010 if you include the drifts, almost like doing a hurdle just to walk

sicknotexi wrote: »
    Here is not a place.

Kildare jeez

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Swellan

Cavan Town. Wind is beginning to gust here now. There has been no new snowfall for the last few hours. Visibility is still good with little blowing snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭robinwing

Finally , after the snow ceases and when it all melts there will be a great deal of water fighting to get down a limited series of overworked drains , not a pleasant prospect

Advertisement