Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Minister wrote: »
    I'm in Ferrybank side and no wind and only a gentle misty snow with not a massive accumulation.

Was thinking a few cm but just looked out back and will need shovel to get into shed and the path is over the level with of 6" back step

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Swellan wrote: »
    Cavan Town. Wind is beginning to gust here now. There has been no new snowfall for the last few hours. Visibility is still good with little blowing snow.

Will storm Emma hit cavan or has it gone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Snow is just coming up to to the boot door on the car outside now. Insane stuff here (Terenure)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Not a snowflake seen in Cork City! It's embarrassing to be off work tomorrow.... unless there's a major 'blizzard' overnight......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Finally a coating of snow here in Castlebar Mayo just as I was about to go to bed disappointed. Never saw snow like it , it's like dust, I thought is was raining at first. Very fine and powdery. Only half an inch but at least now I don't feel left out. Their would have been a lot of complaining round here if something didn't happen but at least now closures are somewhat justified for Friday if not for yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Blustery in North Galway + snowing slightly. Could we get a bite of the blizzard I wonder?

If you get caught out walking in a blizzard you might find it hard to find your way home with zero visibility. Be careful !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

snow light enough for past while in D14, 0.3C.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ich bin ein snowman

sicknotexi wrote: »
    Here is not a place.

There.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

Dublin 8

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Feels like a melt here in Sandycove.. Wind dropped off and then slight accumulation stopped. Dripping off the roof now :(. Wind back up now, but it's mainly rain. Snow gone off trees. Hope it turns around again.

There's a drip holes in the snow on my balcony too. Still snowing but feels very marginal. Feels like it wouldn't take much for it to turn into sleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Bit of a melt here in D4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Lovely layering of snow here in Tralee. Still coming down as I type!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

I can update on Dublin City centre as far out as Swords

Massive gusts, blizzard driving conditions and snow beginning to crunch underfoot as it harderns

Tough going

Kildare and Dublin appear to be very hard hit

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Recent satellite imagery shows that big blob of white off the SE coast. Should make the next few hours interesting :eek::D

443973.jpg
    Does it mean heavy snow for east Cavan,sorry I know nothing about these charts

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's getting marginal alright. Always a risk right on the coast. A gale force easterly not going to do any favors either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Just been out for a wander in Cabinteely, the drifts are knee height! It's insane! Snow is far better than 2010 if you include the drifts, almost like doing a hurdle just to walk

Forgot to say, my dad insisted on going out with me, saying that the last time he saw snow anything like this was in 1982 and 1987 and that he might never see it again! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Moderate snow falling in Castlebar the last two hours, nothing like the rest of the main part of the event as expected, but still nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I woke up ten minutes ago and saw that fine snow still. It surprised me. Finally, the proper flakes arrived. It seems like the blowing snow has stopped but drifts up to a metre in some spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ich bin ein snowman

Not a snowflake seen in Cork City! It's embarrassing to be off work tomorrow.... unless there's a major 'blizzard' overnight......

Check out Thaitaniums post in the model/technical thread, might help swing the mood :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Winds gusting again in kilkenny. Worst so far of the night. Still just a light snow in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

It's only -0.2 °C in Ashbourne according to my local road weather station. Several stations near the coast of Dublin and Wicklow are above -0 °C: http://www.meath.ie/CountyCouncil/Roads/RoadWeatherStationInformation/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

really not much falling now in D14, just a few flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Back garden now waterford. drop down to the path is under that hump somewhere on 2nd picture
    9YsZ59R.jpg
    ius4Nvv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Feels like a melt here in Sandycove.. Wind dropped off and then slight accumulation stopped. Dripping off the roof now :(. Wind back up now, but it's mainly rain. Snow gone off trees. Hope it turns around again.
    _Dara_ wrote: »
    There's a drip holes in the snow on my balcony too. Still snowing but feels very marginal. Feels like it wouldn't take much for it to turn into sleet.

Sandycove/DL here too, drip holes near the gaff but I'm not too worried tbh, looking at the radar there's a long way to go tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

soap1978 wrote: »
    Does it mean heavy snow for east Cavan,sorry I know nothing about these charts

It means higher clouds tops which are very cold, so whatever comes out of it is going to be, let's say, quite heavy. It's heading NW but varying west slightly every frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

looks like heavier stuff near south east now, no doubt it will disintegrate rapidly as it moves inland towards me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

According to the radar should be somewhat heavier snow here but nada atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HelloMrSnowman

C234D4CF-3110-43DB-8241-5E97086D623D.jpeg

Only pic that seems to be uploading for me, but that's 4 foot drifts just in my small enclosed driveway, can't begin to imagine how bad they are in more open areas.

Newbridge, Co.Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

raven136 wrote: »
    Newbridge to Naas road blocked by snow
    2 ambulances and one fire engine got stuck in road

Road is now impassable

Naas/ Newbridge full on blizzard and driving conditions are incredibly dangerous

Anyone driving or attempting to drive an ordinary car in these conditions is insane

This is everything they said and more

Kilcullen not any better now...

Advertisement