Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Couldn’t sleep! Snow has finally stopped here in D15. Defo seems to be a bit of a thaw happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Jobstown/Citywest it's absolutely ****ed here. Easily got there 100cm in sheltered places. Can't see out of anything of my windows due to snow stuck to the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Im just going to bed - an impromptu session started in the pub - up to 4 foot drifts, I never thought id see it but I couldnt find my door when I got home - A 6.5ft wall of snow fell into the hall! Anyone driving around here before the council tractors are out will get into serious trouble - the drifts are enormous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A snow drift decided to form right outside my front door. I had brought the shovel in to dig out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

ardinn wrote: »
    Im just going to bed - an impromptu session started in the pub - up to 4 foot drifts, I never thought id see it but I couldnt find my door when I got home - A 6.5ft wall of snow fell into the hall! Anyone driving around here before the council tractors are out will get into serious trouble - the drifts are enormous!!

6.5 feet of snow. I think you could have had 1or 2 too many drinks my friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Woke up to pure madness here (between Naas and Blessington)

Howling gale hasn't relented one bit since going to bed, still driving snow and well over a meter in height were the drifts have accumulated.

I'll try getting better pictures when there's day light - these'll have to do in the meantime.

Check out the kids scooter which I've ringed.

When is it due to stop? Cabin fever has me in its grip now.

Edit

Site won't let me attach pics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Emma was too harmless a name for a decent snowstorm. Needed a greek/roman femme fatale name for a true record breaking event.

Bit of a damp squib tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

Out in Clondalkin and have been awake every hour seeing how it was going, snow and wind was crazy at stages,
    Still snowing now, nice accumulations and some of the drifts on the roads and in gardens look a few feet deep

No the drift to my door had covered the door completely - not everywhere! bout 1.5ft lying on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Woke up to pure madness here (between Naas and Blessington)

Howling gale hasn't relented one bit since going to bed, still driving snow and well over a meter in height were the drifts have accumulated.

I'll try getting better pictures when there's day light - these'll have to do in the meantime.

Check out the kids scooter which I've ringed.

When is it due to stop? Cabin fever has me in its grip now.

Edit

Site won't let me attach pics

I can't attach images either... Seems to be disabled which absolutely sucks to give any context to peoples reports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Morning Ireland on at 6:30. Howling winds in a North Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

No the drift to my door had covered the door completely - not everywhere! bout 1.5ft lying on the ground

Where abouts?
    And was it a good session😀

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Did the mods turn off image attachments?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

listermint wrote: »
    Did the mods turn off image attachments?

No? Not what's happening?

Where abouts?
    And was it a good session��

Near tullow - and yes! fun was had :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

All I got in Ballincollig was the most restful sleep and maybe 2 cm of snow. No winds, no storm, no heavy anything.

Now I have to work from home because you know shelter in place until 1800 because the forecast is for large regions rather than individual areas.

But good luck to those of you who actually got the promised record snow and storm. Hope you are all safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

That’d be the drifting. It doesn’t mean 6.5 ft fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 EastCork2018

Quote from Gaurdian: The M9 near Stirling is blocked after a lorry jack-knifed in 8ft (2.4m) snow drifts.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2018/mar/02/uk-weather-snow-disruption-storm-emma-beast-from-the-east-live

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭00benski

I wonder what happened Bray? Everyone around us getting a proper pasting and us not much at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

wind and snow starting to pick up here in waterford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Okay, I just measured and 4 inches fell since around midnight last night! (South Kilkenny)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

00benski wrote: »
    I wonder what happened Bray? Everyone around us getting a proper pasting and us not much at all.

Don’t know about you but I’ve a good 10cm in little bray

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

erica74 wrote: »
    Okay, I just measured and 4 inches fell since around midnight last night!

Where be that?

listermint wrote: »
    I can't attach images either... Seems to be disabled which absolutely sucks to give any context to peoples reports

Try these in the meantime.

Scooter buried in the snow, with garden furniture visible also.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/320xq90/r/922/o3mKLg.jpg

Wall of snow at the backdoor

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/320xq90/r/922/1pw6hS.jpg

Patio doors. (Best picture I could get considering)
    https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/320xq90/r/923/FoO9Im.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Where be that?

South Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

It's gas watching people's reactions to the weather warnings , no snow here , load of sh1te , damp squib etc . I'm outside Naas and looking out the window at a blanket of snow at least 2 ft deep and looking like 3-4 ft drifts outside the wall where the wind is blowing the snow down the road and it's still falling . I can't see this thawing quickly , only for the warnings I've enough food in for a few days and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get out of here for a while .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Heavy snow in Galway city
    I can’t go outside to measure depths where I am but roads, paths etc are all white and I can’t see any traffic on the roads

jay48 wrote: »
    It's gas watching people's reactions to the weather warnings , no snow here , load of sh1te , damp squib etc . I'm outside Naas and looking out the window at a blanket of snow at least 2 ft deep and looking like 3-4 ft drifts outside the wall where the wind is blowing the snow down the road and it's still falling . I can't see this thawing quickly , only for the warnings I've enough food in for a few days and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get out of here for a while .

Meet your brother.

It's madness. I'm in my latter 30s, never seen anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Met Eireann latest updates this morning still says Red warning in place for Leinster, Munster and Galway till 6pm

Will they pull that back a bit to reflect MTs latest forecast and the stalling of Emma?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Good few inches over night here in my spot in south Kerry. Haven't checked the depth yet but looking out the window it's nearly up to car door :D

Advertisement