Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,529 ✭✭✭✭fits

It’s absolutely wicked outside in south carlow now. Not huge amounts of lying snow as we are on lee side of blackstairs. About 10 cm. But it’s hard to tell as wind blowing it all over the place. I feel for those without power.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭i lovewine

Heavy snow in Cork. Anyone know if gritters have been out?

I say nothing in some areas will move today !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Didn't get any extra snow in portarlington

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

revelman wrote: »
    Is anyone else on the south Cork coast seeing RAIN? We appear to have got about 10cm of snow last night on top of the 20cm that was already on the ground. There are snow drifts several feet deep. But I’m pretty sure I’m seeing rain outside right now. Obviously I don’t want to go out in it to check. Putting my hand out the window it feels like the normal drizzle we get here every other day of the year...

Im on south coast too, definate thaw but drifts are still huge.
    What is falling seems to be sleety.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

oh wow snowing heavly in cork city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Daz9718

Heavy snow now in rathfarnham , wind is picking up to , very gusty and it's definitely gotten colder down to -1.4c now

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

erica74 wrote: »
    I'm just outside the city, it's mad! 4 inches over night and we had already had about 3 inches yesterday.

Measured 7 inches on path where I had cleared last night so I could get to woodshed.. and its still coming... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    oh wow snowing heavly in cork city.

Are you in the south or north side?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

We got absolutely nothing in Tullamore - maybe 1cm. Suppose we can’t complain as we have plenty from previous days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

View from my webcam in Galway City
    Temp 0.1C
    DP -1.0

443993.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Exactly just a few minutes from the City e.g. Carrigaline and Kinsale, weve had heavier snow than in 1982 (albeit the bulk of it fell Tuesday night and not last night).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

It doesn't look like the Curragh got any fresh snow overnight. Very windy and some precipitation falling pretty consistently, but it's not snow and the accumulations are pretty much what they were before I went to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

No thaw at all here in D14. 65m asl.
    Plants and bushes and leaves still laden with snow , the snow fall was always quite wet in nature though even last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Have 2-3 foot of it in dunboyne...... The little lad has to go to the child miners (less than a hundred yards away) that walk will be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Finally some heavy small flakes in cork city. Not blizzard because there's no wind but heavyier then what we had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Same radar returns that were delivering heavy driving snow a few hours ago have absolutely nothing falling from tbe sky anymore in D9. Evaporation? Shadow? What's changed?

1m high drifts,
    Blessington, 200m asl. 20180302_070208_600x800.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Like xmas people will be praying this is all over in a day so normality can resume.

Novelty is wearing off already.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So far the March 30th/31st 2010 was a far worse event, but there is time for that to change. This is not a blizzard here unlike that event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Had a decent bit in east cork (carrigtwohill) overnight and still coming down. Not as bad/much as I wanted/expected but if it doesn't stop it'll be fun.

Parents in Ashford in Wicklow finally getting some too, cant wait to hear how bad it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ImThatGuy

Like xmas people will be praying this is all over in a day so normality can resume.

Novelty is wearing off already.

I'm loving it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not much happening in Kilkenny City. Unsure if it will change but appears we got passed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

There was decent falls in D14 last night , looks like 7 or inches but need to measure. So are the original forecasts of one metre not happening or is heavier snow predicted for south Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well after 2 and a half days of heavy snow here in north east meath, it thankfully appears to have finally have stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Incredible snow in Arklow and it's still coming. I don't remember seeing snow like it. Nobody is going anywhere today as all the cars in the estate are snowed in. Massive deep drifts around the place, up the side of walls and cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

I know it is probably an impossible task. But is there any way of getting more accurate measurements or estimates of how much snow has actually fallen? People are talking about the snow being several feet deep but are we sure that they are not looking at drifts? I’m not asking people to go out obviously but remember measurements on grass will overstate because of the air space. Looking at a flat surface e.g a top of a car would be better. Probably the wind makes it more difficult to do this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Are you in the south or north side?

northside

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

ImThatGuy wrote: »
    I'm loving it!

Until supplies actually start running low and people need to get out and about.

Advertisement