Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Kunala

White heaps every where here in Newcastle Dublin 22

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

About an Inch More snow in Cork, Mahon overnight

Don't forget that EMMA Stalled out! Still in play ~ maybe !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Heavy snow now near Cork City..looks beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HankSchrader

No snow here North of Athlone...in fact it looks like all the snow we got has been blown away!!

The radar is showing precipitation and has shown it for the past few hours but zilch.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

Another update from east KK: very little snow overnight. Maybe a centimetre. Wind currently 4km/hr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

revelman wrote: »
    Could someone please tell Pascal Sheehy that there is more of Cork outside Cork city...

I’m 20 mins from Kinsale and we got very little overnight. Snowing now alright. It’s mad how different it is in such a small area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

Day 3 Snowed in!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ich bin ein snowman

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Met Eireann have just lifted the stay indoors advice.

Some of you guys just don't like me calling it like it is :cool:

Ah great, so I can go out now?...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

As an aside I'm watching Sky news and reports of people going out in their cars last night and stuck on roads since. Why do so many feel the need to travel when advised not to unless absolutely necessary.
    No wonder they are making a balls of Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Disappointing peek out the window this morning in Donabate but the wet snow & failure of precipitation to come in from the Irish Sea leading to no extra snow.

From a meteorological point of view this is a highly complex & fascinating battle between the Easterly cold & warmer wetter Storm Emma and a forecasters dream/nightmare. Fully understand those without an interest in meteorology just want to focus on what’s happening outside their door & we’ll have the usual squabbles about the appropriateness of warnings etc.. but for any professional or amateur meteorologist to predict exactly where the biggest impacts are going to be & how this complex setup will play out is nearly impossible even with all the best models & technology. It’s Mother Nature doing its thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Still snowing in D15,don't think it's stopped atall in the past 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

My Mother had to leave for work at 5.30am in Kerry, hope she got there okay! Will have to ring her when she finishes. By the looks if things it did snow alright in Kerry, just not as much as other places.

Still snowing away in Cork city. Kinda want to go out for a walk in it but at the same time don't want to get wet. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Lots of drifting near Roundwood, but not close to the predicted totals, yet. Had to dig out to let the cats out the cat flap!

Seems to be a bit more intense now, compared to when I checked during the night though. Electricity flickering, so biggest debate is whether to light the stove with back boiler or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

Very windy in Tullamore but no new snow since around 9.00 last night. Was looking forward to Snowmageddon but hasn’t materialized. If anything wind is blowing snow away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Some overhanging from my roof. Hope to hell it doesn't bring my gutters down. Oh an an abandoned car in the middle of our cul de sac. Couldn't get out even if I wanted to lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭914

Waterford (city area) is a complete white out. I have never seen this much snow, has well exceeded 2010. It is also still pouring down.

The back door has a drop of about a half foot and the snow is a foot up the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Has the red warning actually been lifted or is it just updating?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

To Alcohol wrote: »
    What you talking about you I can’t even get out my door.
    Try the window?

Still snowing lightly at @95m ASL, inland from Greystones, although probably only a couple of inches settled except for drifts.

0C but snow looks wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Phil Jones

Lots of drifts - some up to about 2ft!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Snowing again in SE Meath. Gets deeper further down our road where it's drifting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

Very windy in Tullamore but no new snow since around 9.00 last night. Was looking forward to Snowmageddon but hasn’t materialized. If anything wind is blowing snow away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lia_lia wrote: »
    My Mother had to leave for work at 5.30am in Kerry, hope she got there okay! Will have to ring her when she finishes. By the looks if things it did snow alright in Kerry, just not as much as other places.

Still snowing away in Cork city. Kinda want to go out for a walk in it but at the same time don't want to get wet. :pac:

It’s seems to be starting properly in Cork City now! Eeek! Feck the blizzards, this is much nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

i had to walk my wife to work in the hospital at 6.30am here in waterford..a foot of snow on the roads and two foot drifts in places..a mile walk each way and it was a struggle walking back..ive never seen snow as bad..and its still pouring down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Judging by the radar, Waterford City is going to be hit hard shortly!

Oh yeah, I just checked in on the radar again, another big blast coming I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Blud wrote: »
    2 feet? How high are the wheels on those cars then? They must be monster trucks.

It’s drifted in places, clever boy!! 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Just when they ease the warning it snows heavy in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Midnight Sky

Ah feck it anyway Ted.

(My car is in that.)

Other pic is of the car last night before I went to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Newstalk news had a guy on saying he was stuck in car since 2345 last night and nobody was coming to rescue him.

Hope he had a good reason to be driving in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

STILL snowing here in South Dublin and heavy. My estate has decent accumulation from last night. garden pretty full with snow! How long is it supposed to keep snowing for here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Sayuri

Still snowing in Naas. We got some serious drift action last night. I live in an apartment and I can't open the balcony door! Window watching is going to be difficult now because the snow has stuck and frozen to the windows. Still have electricity thankfully. ðŸ˜

Advertisement