Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 magicmike2212

Really snowing heavily now in Wicklow Town. I'd say around 12cm so far with no sign of letting up, going by the radar!
    Flakes are getting bigger too...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Pretty meager snowfall in D2 overnight. Anywhere I can walk to to see some proper unforgettable stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Whehey!

wakka12 wrote: »
    Has the red warning actually been lifted or is it just the updating?

No it hasn't been lifted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Just when they ease the warning it snows heavy in cork

If you look at Hirlam from now to 12 heavier snow outbreaks in Cork. Here not too heavy but steady near Mallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gastons

Massive drifts here in Co. Longford

I'll post a video too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Safiri

Just when they ease the warning it snows heavy in cork

The warning was there for blizzard conditions with strong winds and low visibility, there's nothing inherintely dangerous about being outside in just heavy snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Did anyone hear the news on RTE radio just now? It was reported that a young boy and his father had a bad accident in the snow last night in Mayfield, which is where I am

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Vxlks wrote: »
    STILL snowing here in South Dublin and heavy. My estate has decent accumulation from last night. garden pretty full with snow! How long is it supposed to keep snowing for here?

The entire day I think, though I don't know how heavy it'll be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Blizzard in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gastons

https://youtu.be/tIEYHygut0g

Hope the video works.

Co. Longford. No snow coming down, but wind has cleared all trees of snow.

I have a wedding today. I don't know how I'm going to get to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Alan Smithee

I guess just like politics all weather is local. Listening to national radio telling us the worst has passed and I look outside and if anything the snow showers are getting stronger here in South East Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Massive drifts in Tallaght

errlloyd wrote: »
    Pretty meager snowfall in D2 overnight. Anywhere I can walk to to see some proper unforgettable stuff?

Probably more in the south of the city but I doubt anything within walking distance that'll make you say wow to the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

leahyl wrote: »
    Did anyone hear the news on RTE radio just now? It was reported that a young boy and his father had a bad accident in the snow last night in Mayfield, which is where I am
    Yeah fell off a small wall landed awkwardly and the father fainted with the fright...terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

It's the most snow I've seen since 1982 here in Celbridge. Beats 2010 hands down. Drifts 2-3 feet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

leahyl wrote: »

Yeah I saw something online about it. The son has a very bad neck injury apparently. Very sad.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/cork-teen-in-critical-condition-after-freak-snow-accident-830504.html

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Ah feck it anyway Ted.

(My car is in that.)

Other pic is of the car last night before I went to bed.

Wow great to see some pics like that so people realise what has actually happened in places. Problem the best we have seen yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Worst than 2010?
    In nutgrove Dublin, absolutely

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Barely any snowfall in dublin city centre it seems. With some melting going on too.

Decent snow in Wicklow though

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

has the worst still hit here in dublin or... is this still not fully it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Slight but steady snowing in north Cork near mallow. Looks like 10 to 15cm accumulation. Flakes are getting bigger now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

dave1982 wrote: »
    Yeah fell off a small wall landed awkwardly and the father fainted with the fright...terrible

God that’s awful, I think he’s very badly injured. Wonder where that was in Mayfield.

Vxlks wrote: »
    has the worst still hit here in dublin or... is this still not fully it? :D

The storm has stalled and it looks like we will be getting this kind of fairly low intensity snowfall for the rest of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Ah feck it anyway Ted.

(My car is in that.)

Other pic is of the car last night before I went to bed.

That's insane! You're only about 12k east of where I am. We've about 2-3 foot drifts on walls and the roads and fields about 6in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Ironic that they withdraw the stay indoors warning when the worst is actually here now? North Offaly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

Still snowing here in tipp, only about 10cm of new snow since yesterday, however there are drifts of at least 30cm in places. Precipitation looks to be getting going now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

OMG this is EPIC, unreal amount of Snow and still coming down. Have to go and take photos, might never see it like this again. Still have power and Water, thank god.
    Southeast Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 elainee402

Snowed in in blessington

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ironic that they withdraw the stay indoors warning when the worst is actually here now? North Offaly.

I think they jumped the gun slightly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

RobertKK wrote: »
    It is red level here.
    The wind has been picking up giving whiteout conditions in the stronger gusts, and the snow intensity has increased. The severity here on the hills north east of Kilkenny has definitely picked up in the last half hour.

North kk near Ballyragget do you think there is much more to come here Robert

Advertisement