Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭leinad

About half a metre in the back garden in Rathdrum - more accumulated than 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 5,594 ✭✭✭roosterman71

In Kilbeggan, not much change since last night. Doesn't look like much snow fell. I feel there is a thaw on. The road has tracks to the tar from where traffic have been passing. Snow that was built up in the corners of windows, etc, is much less this morning and it is much wetter stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Ten mins to get the back door open, shed has a mound of snow just over 3ft deep around it. I'm in Clondalkin, seems to be about 20cm sitting generally everywhere but the drifts are huge. Most snow ive ever seen in my life in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Back garden

5_F96_F82_F_FE83_4336_B79_E_BB861063513_E.jpg
    good image hosting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

heavy snow still falling cork city. and judging by the radar there's heavier stuff coming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Waking up disappointed in Drimnagh! No snow fell til about 6am but wasn't a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I am so envious of you lot with your big snow! It has skipped Rush, the wind is still fairly strong but there was no further snow and the thaw has set in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A few flurries in Donegal and nothing overnight. And it got a bit breezy too. :( The good news is we can lead the rescue effort for everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Coming down nicely near Mallow. People's footprints being filled in relatively quickly. Walking in a winter(spring) wonderland..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

just woke up and holy sh*t never seen snow this dept here in waterford gonna get a cuppa before i get pics. its still snowing heavy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

11 inches of fresh fall in Celbridge overnight (measured on my car which was fully cleared yesterday at 4). We have 2-3ft drifts in our garden and the main road looks to still be a foot deep. No sign of ploughs yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

A simple look at a weather satellite would tell people that not even 50% of this storm has passed over Ireland yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Clare.. accumulations like nothin I have ever seen. Really concerned about the thaw now. Employers should be prosecuted for expecting people to move in this.
    Hearing people getting rescued form their cars. Like. Seriously.

IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    upload image

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

I know the focus is on the East but there are localized parts of the south coast that have been hit particularly bad - constant snow since Tuesday night. There are several feet of drifts around my house. On the flat I’m getting at almost 40cm measurements of snow. I am on a somewhat elevated position near the town of Kinsale. We’ve had horrendous conditions along the coast for days with cars being abandoned and hundreds of houses going without power yesterday but Pascal doesn’t seem to know this part of Cork exists! I’m doing my best to raise awareness here!

444071.jpeg

444072.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Coffee n chocs

New Ross

Despite it snowing all day yesterday there was only 1cm of snow on the ground last night. This morning there's about 6 inches on flat ground and 3ft drifts.
    In the picture thats a 4ft wall that has almost completly vanished

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Jobstown through the ages

Wednesday / Thursday / Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

Bit of a thaw setting in Clondalkin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Very little snow in Dublin City centre- crazy the difference a few miles make.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

I am so envious of you lot with your big snow! It has skipped Rush, the wind is still fairly strong but there was no further snow and the thaw has set in :(

Is traffic moving in the town ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Finally joined the party last night around 10.30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

RobertKK wrote: »
    Yes Muckalee area and it continues to snow. One can see on the netweather radar how the higher ground around Kilkenny city is getting heavier snow.
    https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

We got some decent snow here north east Kilkenny.

It's coming down since in town but very light melty flakes although I'm sure some are sticking. I'm not sure whether to wish it away or here at this stage. :D
    erica74 wrote: »
    I ran down to the main road to get some more pics. This is the main N25 between Waterford and New Ross. I don't know if you can really see in the video but there are MASSIVE drifts across the width of the road, they're so cool but difficult to photograph.

Didn't see video but wow and there was a car with headlights on... was someone trying to drive on that road? :eek:

Is that the Rhu Glen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

12cm from absolutely nothing yesterday. Flattest surface. Drifts are higher. Still falling. About bloody time! Wicklow Town

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

duffman13 wrote: »
    Ten mins to get the back door open, shed has a mound of snow just over 3ft deep around it. I'm in Clondalkin, seems to be about 20cm sitting generally everywhere but the drifts are huge. Most snow ive ever seen in my life in this country.

That's crazy, where I am in Drimnagh there's nothing like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Just walled down to the end of the paddocks on the farm through waist deep snow
    The drifts at the entrance of the field at 5 feet plus
    The hayshed roof has collapsed
    This has way passed 2010 now and threatening jan 1982
    Blinding blizzard here still near Arklow

IPhone was at 70% and shut down from the cold when I tried to do a twitter live

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Snow has gone very light in Greystones.

Had a lot of wet snow towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Snowng NW Clare (near the coast) Can only remember snow settling once before so really rare here. Wind and rain second nature so I suppose a break from the norm is good

Link to camera at Lahinch beach http://www.lahinchsurfshop.com/lahinch-web-cam-271257cm1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

Not a lot of snow or wind last night here in Cork. Snowing now though, the flakes are small but the snowfall is quiet heavy. If this sustains for the day I imagine there will be a lot of accumulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    heavy snow still falling cork city. and judging by the radar there's heavier stuff coming
    Really? Up by the airport here and it's practically raining, very little snow over night (well alot less than predicted)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Cork city is snowing heavier now than it has in the past few days. In my estate the road is now indistinguishable from the foothpath so several solid inches on flat areas with drifts higher in others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

28576150_1682053525188884_8175870432962107833_n.jpg?oh=b8bbcca2caf26936695d7a882faace6a&oe=5B0900E7

Rare snow in Askeaton. Co. Limerick

Advertisement