Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Wicklow still has absolutely nothing. So strange, everywhere else seems to be getting pasted .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Serious question will the pubs be open tomorrow and Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

UsedToWait wrote: »
    If it reduces the overall strain on those who must work through this spell, then it's worthwhile, in my opinion

oh its definitely worthwhile. If it means less people travelling after one of the coldest nights in the season, then its great. Thats what I meant by 'protect' part of my message. Aka at least people in the west etc know there could be some bad stuff when they wake up / tomorrow afternoon etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

Blizzard conditions in swords

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

Orange glow outside ...errie bright ...and thunder snow .....class stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,117 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Larbre34 wrote: »
    16 hours anyway, at least. And it wont just be you!

I'm in Enniscorthy in Wexford and had very little up to now. On the charts I mentioned in my last post it's giving moderate snowfall for the best part of 24 hours.

The town is built on hills so there will be kids flying everywhere on sleds once everything settles down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Will my bin be collected on Friday morning. It's full to the brim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Yeah the most that we've had here is the odd small flake floating around, all grauple otherwise.

Agreed. Too much graupel for my liking. However, it will be proper snow when Emma arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Did gaoith meant to say the showers would up the intensity instead of slack off..

No his point was the warmer the upper air at 700hpa the less instability, therefore less heavy showers from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Very severe weather by Irish standards, probably a normal day in Siberia.

Do they have red weather alerts for weeks or months at a time in Siberia, where people dont go outside ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭abacus120

Wicklow still has absolutely nothing. So strange, everywhere else seems to be getting pasted .

Greystones is getting a good bit the last hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Christ the sky is giving me the heeby-jeebies. It's very very eery.

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    Yes, but the beer will be out with the bread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

200motels wrote: »
    We here in Waterford are going to get hammered tomorrow, I remember 1982 well and this could be worse.

From what time do you think ? Has it being updated and will it be bad overnight too ?I'm looking for advice as to go to work in the morning or not ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

In Leopardstown. Not much snow today but the roads are lethal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Moderate snow, tiny flakes Easterly gale and temp below zero. Decent shower train looking at sat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

At this rate, the roof of my house will probably cave in from the weight of the snow!!!!
    That's a good point I think, I wonder what weight of snow would be necessary to collapse the average Irish slate roof...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭bloopy

I'd imagine they'll want to take advantage of people looking for some blizzard drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

bro sent me this in dublin 13, whiteout

RIOneS6.jpg?1

3cVR80f.jpg?1

yzTHyi6.jpg?1

4xCA9Wz.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

patneve2 wrote: »
    Moderate snow, tiny flakes Easterly gale and temp below zero. Decent shower train looking at sat

send some this way! think I maybe just maybe might get a proper shower soon looking at radar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

North Kildare right now. That driveway was shoveled clear and snow taken off cars today with little snow on it at 6pm. Houses 7/80m away you can't see.

These Cork lads have nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Villian/Carlow Weather....is that you coming on TV3 in a minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

FYI Wiser bin collections suspended for Cork City tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

That's a good point I think, I wonder what weight of snow would be necessary to collapse the average Irish slate roof...

Please don't tempt faith. Was thinking of this before this all started for were I live.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Our very own Villain on the tonight show (tv3) in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    My father works in the CUH in Cork. Quick shoutout to all the nurses, doctors and maintenance staff keeping the hospitals running during this time. Many are camping in the Maternity ward there and a lot of have been booked into B&Bs and Hotels in Bishopstown.

Yep, I'm in the coombe, was brought in Saturday. Staff are doing 24 hour shifts and sleeping in dorms. They are incredible. Enjoy the snow everyone and stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Barnavave

How long is this expected to last, is it likely that this could run into next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Sitec wrote: »
    In Leopardstown. Not much snow today but the roads are lethal.

Really??? You can’t be that much away from me and the whole place is white, icy and fffffreeeeeezing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

Some scene in swords blizzard's still ongoing

Advertisement