Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nothing new in Monasterevin, or at least it looks no deeper than it did last night (bar a few places where it's built up by walls). Looks like it's sleeting down now, and it's very cold.

Are we expecting more accumulation, or will it be this finer snow for the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Drifting over my wall in D12

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

differences between 3.30 this morning and now Waterford city
    LOOvAZbm.jpg
    GXYHUHmm.jpg
    9YsZ59Rm.jpg
    IswmU4gm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

leahyl wrote: »
    Did anyone hear the news on RTE radio just now? It was reported that a young boy and his father had a bad accident in the snow last night in Mayfield, which is where I am

Cork teen in critical condition after freak snow accident

By Eoin English.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Well Well so all the Expert!! on line forecasters got it slightly wrong . Why cant people just listen to those whose job it is actually to forecast the weather. Just because snow doesn't fall in a persons backgarden at exactly the time you think it should doesn't mean they are clueless as I look out my window its snowing and has been for the last 8 hours so I think Met.Eireann called it right For Ennis & Clarecastle and from what I hear on the Radio most of Leinster & Leinster which was what they originally predicted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Cork city is snowing heavier now than it has in the past few days. In my estate the road is now indistinguishable from the foothpath so several solid inches on flat areas with drifts higher in others.

Yeah definitely heavier now alright, a few people out driving but very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Heavy snow belting down again here, now 3 days straight, dont know where the garden is, 12 inch door steps have disappeared, lawn and driveway are all the one, and now i hear more on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

wakka12 wrote: »
    Based on MT's forecast back on page 369 it easily looks like there could be more snow in dublin today

I saw that, but his main forecast says it will mainly be central Leinster affected, so trying not to get my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Anyone able to report on conditions around Trim?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 EastCork2018

dharma200 wrote: »
    Clare.. accumulations like nothin I have ever seen. Really concerned about the thaw now. Employers should be prosecuted for expecting people to move in this.
    Hearing people getting rescued form their cars. Like. Seriously.

IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    upload image

Gardai are advising people to stay of the roads and I guess public transport is a no go too, you're employers haven't a leg to stand on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westcork blue

Snowing/Snizzling for 12 hrs straight in Ardmore Co. Waterford after serious snow showers for the previous 48 hours. Drifts of 5/6 feet on the road outside my house. Another 8/10 hours of snow to come, historic conditions for this part of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Very little snow in Dublin City centre- crazy the difference a few miles make.

I'm 4K from the city centre and we have about 25cms of snow and higher drifts! And its snowing again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Very little snow in Dublin City centre- crazy the difference a few miles make.

The mountain shadow really made a difference it seems
    South Dublin got mostly dumped on, while city and north really escaped.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 EastCork2018

Snowing/Snizzling for 12 hrs straight in Ardmore Co. Waterford after serious snow showers for the previous 48 hours. Drifts of 5/6 feet on the road outside my house. Another 8/10 hours of snow to come, historic conditions for this part of the country

Any update on Youghal, haven't heard from there in a while I guess there on the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Still very windy and snowing.

South Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Gardai are advising people to stay of the roads and I guess public transport is a no go too, you're employers haven't a leg to stand on.

Stop giving false advice. Employers can still expect you in work legally. Wouldn't be good employers though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

RTE1 RTE2 and TV3 seem to have lost their link to the satellite or that is what my sky box is telling me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

In Kilbeggan, not much change since last night. Doesn't look like much snow fell. I feel there is a thaw on. The road has tracks to the tar from where traffic have been passing. Snow that was built up in the corners of windows, etc, is much less this morning and it is much wetter stuff

Same for D13. So disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

North Kildare here.

Yesterday afternoon I got the ruler out in the back garden and measured one mound of snow to be 28cms.

We’ve been blasted out of it for 12+ hours with heavy snow and winds. Took one look out the bedroom window to find mounds of snow almost as high as my car :eek:

I’ll throw a pic up when I get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

Well over a foot in Celbridge 😱😱⚠️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

In Santry and I'm getting 10-11 cm at most. Really was looking forward to those 20-30cm of snow :(

No extra snow at all last night here in south Drogheda , although extremely windy ....... temperatures much milder too , I’m utterly delighted, so are the birds

. Tired of all this over done weather stuff now , wall to wall, back to back media coverage . Jesus how on earth did we manage to live in past weather events !

This has been much less of an event than 2010 and 1982 - lots of snow but no comparison at all !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Still bucketing down here in Wexford in a biting wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Probably a new topic, but where the hell is all that melted snow gonna go when it goes?
    Is flooding a big concern now?
    Will the drainage infrastructure handle it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Belfast wrote: »
    RTE1 RTE2 and TV3 seem to have lost their link to the satellite or that is what my sky box is telling me.

I would say thats local to you as it is still on air and working fine

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They stay indoors warnings have been lifted. Punkivc transport is a no go. But it all depends where you live/work.

D13 is fine snow melting. Waterford, Tipp and Kilkenny is crazy with the amount of snow they got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

It's coming down since in town but very light melty flakes although I'm sure some are sticking. I'm not sure whether to wish it away or here at this stage. :D

Didn't see video but wow and there was a car with headlights on... was someone trying to drive on that road? :eek:

Is that the Rhu Glen?

Sorry, I couldn't post the video. Yeah, it was a jeep coming along, to be fair, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, he could have been a farmer going to check on something or going somewhere to provide urgent help.

Yeah that's the Rhu, the snow is so bad on the road it looks like vehicles haven't been along there in days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Sorry to ask. Just woke up.

Have any blizzards materialised in Leinster or Munster overnight?

Moderate snow with zero winds in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

Got a few cms of snow here in Cork alright - no high winds or anything like that. Looks like Met Eireann got it wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It’s mad snowing now in Cork city - think we’re getting ours later!

Advertisement