Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Just woke up in Wexford town and the snow is heavier than last night, Easily a foot of snow drifting to I don't know what. Going to get breakfast and get out and about and get some pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Fairly calm and quiet in dublin now..will there be any resurgence of the storm here or whats going on? My weather app is saying snow all day

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

The snow in the last hour has been so heavy that the accumulation is now almost reaching the window ledges!

What’s worse though is that we only have 6 slices of sliced pan left...

444096.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ideb

pad199207 wrote: »

Mine is the same (in Naas also). And the snow and sleet is still going strong. Am I right in thinking that Naas has been hit the worst in Kildare? Our fellow boarders in Newbridge/Celbridge and Newcastle seem to be saying they got way less than expected. What we are getting is not the "light dusting" either (although we did get some of that) I haven't seen a break of more than 10 minutes in the past 2 days. Maybe my expectations were less than theirs to start with? I lived in Dublin in '82. I lived beside a wood and I remember walking into snow drifts for fun. What I am seeing here exceeds what I remember of that. In 2010 I was driving daily right through October to December to visit a relative in hospital (the relative passed away just as the thaw started at end of December). I also drove to work etc. The driving conditions (in Dublin) were nowhere near as bad and the snowfall never got near these levels. Maybe the total snowfall over the 2 month did, but certainly not over any 24 hour period. Anyone driving out of my estate today is either mad or brave. I'm going nowhere - and before anyone asks. Yes, I have bread and milk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Light snow falling at the moment in Crookstown area of west Cork. Nothing like what was being forecast though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I would've had much more snow if Emma didn't come. She's killing the steamers and bringing nothing here.
    I got a LOT more in 2010 so from an IMBY perspective it was a let down.
    Non stop snow grains does nothing for me.
    South Dublin seems to have got it all and I'm puzzled how some western areas got more in an easterly? +1c now and let the slush fest begin, I'd prefer if it melted in the strong March sunshine, at least we could say "if only it was January"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Wind getting stronger after calming down for a bit. You're all making me jealous with the snow you're getting but keep the pics coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Emma's snow didn't really add much depth at Grange from the totals yesterday. Although my shed's roof fell off.....

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

revelman wrote: »
    The snow in the last hour has been so heavy that the accumulation is now almost reaching the window ledges!

What’s worse though is that we only have 6 slices of sliced pan left...

444096.jpeg

I've some lying around, yours for only €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

No snow in my village in Wexford all week, now I have drifts blocking the road at least 4ft high. Can leave the house with the driving snow as it is like sand paper. When is the wind due to die down in Wexford?

Can't understand why they are saying it is safe to go out as blizzards have passed - its still blizzard conditions here in south Wexford

• Advertisement

Snow is coming down steadily in Cork City and really starting to pile up. About six inches in my front garden now and no sign of it relenting. Looks like we are getting our blast later than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There's less snow here in Portmarnock than there was on Wednesday morning. Perhaps we're just a little bit too far north, and coastal. Wind is strong, but no snow falling at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Heavy snow in Cork now the amount building on my table and garden and pots is crazy! People complaining on redfm radio that we should go.. you cannot drive out the estate people complain about everything.

Anyway here's some pictures of my garden! Never seen so.micj snow here! Beats 2010 100%

rQ8oJMZ.jpg

xGtS3zo.jpg

VZh0EI3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Sustained snowfall in Cork City the last few hours, seems to be getting heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

The management of these warnings is like something out of the Marx Brothers. If it's still a red then why say it's safe to go outside. Unless expressly stated that implies it's safe to drive, which it clearly isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Heavy snow in Galway city. It’s not a patch on what’s fallen further south and east but it easily surpasses 2010 IMBY :)

444099.jpeg

444100.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Had opened this door fully last night - so the fresh stuff fell overnight - it's around 12cm. 30cm total.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

Its very bad in virginia non stop snow since wednesday Here is the snow drift on the road out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Heavy snow in Cork now the amount building on my table and garden and pots is crazy! People complaining on redfm radio that we should go.. you cannot drive out the estate people complain about everything.

Anyway here's some pictures of my garden! Never seen so.micj snow here! Beats 2010 100%

rQ8oJMZ.jpg

xGtS3zo.jpg

VZh0EI3.jpg

All the little pots with their snow hats on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Mad drifts in Roscommon, though not much snow fell since Wednesday.
    There's no way I could leave the house.
    Pipes seem to have frozen (cistern not re-filling) and feels too cold for a thaw.
    Wind sounds worse than Ophelia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

02 March 2018 09:32

Today

Continuing very cold and overcast with scattered outbreaks of snow. The snow will turn progressively to sleet, but will be heavy and persistent across the south and east giving further accumulations over high ground. Much of Ulster and Connacht will remain dry and the snow will turn to rain over the far south. Easterly winds will be strong and gusty. Highest temperatures zero to +3 degrees.

Tonight

Tonight will continue very cold. There'll be further outbreaks of snow especially over midland and northern counties, but it will be mostly of rain elsewhere. Dry spells too. Minimum temperatures zero to -3 degrees coldest inland. A sharp frost and icy patches widely. Fresh east winds.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow Saturday will be another mostly cloudy day. Outbreaks of rain and sleet, but with still the chance of snowfalls over high ground. Any precipitation mostly of rain by afternoon. Fresh east winds. Highest temperatures ranging from 2 in the north to 6 or 7 degrees in the far south.

M.E. update, I'm getting a little worried flooding might be an issue if it turns to rain to fast

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

I got a LOT more in 2010 so from an IMBY perspective it was a let down.
    Non stop snow grains does nothing for me.
    South Dublin seems to have got it all and I'm puzzled how some western areas got more in an easterly? +1c now and let the slush fest begin, I'd prefer if it melted in the strong March sunshine, at least we could say "if only it was January"

Only some parts of south Dublin did, others didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

I saw a post eralier saying met were looking for measurement pics at 9. Anyone know where to send them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Any chance of more snow for NCD or are we done now?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

Gonna take a seriously long time for all this to thaw looking at some of these pics

I really hope so because there's so much snow here that a quick thaw would be a disaster in terms of local flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I bet the precipitation will arrive here just when it turns to sleet: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Inquitus wrote: »
    Any chance of more snow for NCD or are we done now?

I’m wondering the same thing! Would love a proper snow shower :)

Not 1 bit of snow where i am in Roscommon area, just went around us. Slightly gutted that im missing out!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The management of these warnings is like something out of the Marx Brothers. If it's still a red then why say it's safe to go outside. Unless expressly stated that implies it's safe to drive, which it clearly isn't.

Spare a thought for the morons down my neck of the woods,near blizzard conditions,huge drifts and these people are on Facebook asking are the shops open. They mustn't have windows in their homes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,932 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Not much in the way of snow falling over night in Tuam but the gusts right now are unreal!

Advertisement