Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

The snow has resumed in Dublin 16 blizzard like again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kilnamanagh, D24 here.

About 7-8cm of fresh snow last night, with drifts of 40-50cm in places. Other parts of west Dublin - Lucan, clondalkin , D15 seemed to have gotten much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Hi folks,

What is the current view of Dublin, I'm down in fairview and trying to plan ahead for the day and it seems as if it is all over and done with?

Am I wrong?

Got my snow and pipes thawed happy days! Kids and dogs had a blast all morning had to hunt them in to warm up for a while. Thanks to everyone here I know I was a bit of a pest moaning 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

It has started again in Dublin 9. Maybe a touch sleet 🙁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Have 2-3 foot of it in dunboyne...... The little lad has to go to the child miners (less than a hundred yards away) that walk will be fun.

Well that walk was quickly aborted once we opened the front door. I only looked out the back this morning which appears to have been somewhat protected ............

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Sallins Co Kildare

1_EE31_DED_DDC9_4509_AA42_F211_E8_F7_B619.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Standman wrote: »
    Saying on the radio there that it's now ok to "venture out" in red warning areas, but that because the warning is still active we shouldn't travel. What the hell is that supposed to mean??

it means you can go out and walk around you're locality....but under no circumstances do you drive on the roads

• Registered Users Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

02 March 2018 09:32

Today

Continuing very cold and overcast with scattered outbreaks of snow. The snow will turn progressively to sleet, but will be heavy and persistent across the south and east giving further accumulations over high ground.

This makes me even sorrier I came down from Ballycullen to Perrystown :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Got another inch of snow in west Galway. The drifting in places is mad.
    Still snowing but quite light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

esposito wrote: »
    The snow has resumed in Dublin 16 blizzard like again.
    I haven't seen a single flake since I got up early this morning? :confused:

So Emma didn't move as far north as expected and in the end it was a case of "nowcasting" which didn't surprise me, south Dublin seems to be northern boundary and not so much north of that

• Registered Users Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Epic scenes here in Clonmel, snowing heavy all night id say and no sign if it stopping.

The storm has delivered and no way anyone is leaving home in Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭tscul32

Light snow falling now in Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Goose81 wrote: »
    What a joke, red warning. The 1 metre expected in South Dublin turned out to be an inch as I said last night when it was rain and not snow, so dissapointed

Yeah well loads of us got tonnes of the stuff! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

What a joke, red warning. The 1 metre expected in South Dublin turned out to be an inch as I said last night when it was rain and not snow, so dissapointed

Really where about's are you located? I have about 35cm's here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I got a LOT more in 2010 so from an IMBY perspective it was a let down.
    Non stop snow grains does nothing for me.
    South Dublin seems to have got it all and I'm puzzled how some western areas got more in an easterly? +1c now and let the slush fest begin, I'd prefer if it melted in the strong March sunshine, at least we could say "if only it was January"

Well even in south Dublin Emma was a let down too in so far as we didn't get anywhere close to one metre as forecast, still plenty of snow about though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Snowing worse than ever now.

Pipes frozen last night but we got to them just in time.

Plenty of drifts.

Location Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 vdriver

Moyglare road ,maynooth is closed

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Just "ventured out" - Could only stay out for 3 minutes or so due to the wind, but what I saw was simply amazing. You can't see it on pics, but my lane way is filled with snow.. when I say filled, I mean filled.. 2m at places. Must be a snow trap, all the way down Never seen anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Not going anywhere today over a foot on the street outside the house. Waterford
    seXw1zL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Calibos wrote: »
    Hour 6, one last look out the Velux at Meath Road in Bray before sleep and..............

...[Sigh] The Ice Pellets are simply not accumulating down here. Still only about 2cm at best on the footpaths and road that were clear at 9pm.

I am expecting to wake up to same about 9am. Beyond frustrating to be house-bound for the duration of this but without a big payoff at the end.

What promised to be the most incredible sequence of weather events delivering historic snow depths in decades is nothing of the sort where I am in Bray. FFS!! :(

I was just out investigating and while its basically all slush near the Seafront in Bray, it turns into real snow once you get inland from the main street. I went up the Herbert road for about half a mile and it's great - about 4-6 inches over most places and obviously deeper in the drifts. I'd say if you got even a little way up Bray Head it's good, deep snow.

u2pS2rS.jpg
    That's looking up the Herbert Road from just past the side of the church.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Strange . I am in Tallaght and we have metre high drifts and outside my hall door is at least 50cms .We are basically snowed in .

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Markgc

Okay so many people are having a good time with the snow and a couple days off work. Good on you. Enjoy it.
    The wildlife though has a difficult time in these conditions with snow measuring half a meter in depth in places, creating great difficulty for it to find food.
    Give a hand and help it survive.

This is a tough time for birds. Keen gardeners will know that their natural food source has been depleted, leaving our feathered friends struggling to find food under the heavy cover of snow. They need all the help they can get.

They will eat seeds bread and apples.
    DO NOT FEED THEM PORRIDGE OATS. When wet this can glue their beaks shut, starving them to death.

Foxes like cooked or raw meat and tinned pet food. Foxes also like other savoury items such as cheese, table scraps, bread soaked in fat, fruit and cooked vegetables.

Also call-in to elderly neighbours.

Thanks for taking the time.
    Stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

italodisco wrote: »
    Hi folks,

What is the current view of Dublin, I'm down in fairview and trying to plan ahead for the day and it seems as if it is all over and done with?

Am I wrong?

Very bad Newcastle if you need to travel over this way dont

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Goose81

kittyn wrote: »
    Really where about's are you located? I have about 35cm's here

Blackrock. We might have about 4 inches total

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Jokes on you, you're in the wrong part of South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Naas this morning

These are the scenes that I’d never ever thought I’d see in Ireland!

9_B59_D5_DB_B31_E_4_D7_A_BE5_C_09_CE5_A153_A73.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

I haven't seen a single flake since I got up early this morning? :confused:

So Emma didn't move as far north as expected and in the end it was a case of "nowcasting" which didn't surprise me, south Dublin seems to be northern boundary and not so much north of that

Emma is going full force in Meath, including heavy snow and wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Goose81

Mr.S wrote: »
    You do realise that the weather can be very local? What do you expect, a warning system specific for your road?

I've been driving around this morning, I didn't see anywhere with a metre of snow haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

Blackrock. We might have about 4 inches total

Ah you are fairly low down ........ I am up the foothills of the mountains so I guess that's why I did well snow wise.......... Its certainly a Red warning for me.

Advertisement