Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Goose81 wrote: »
    I've been driving around this morning, I didn't see anywhere with a metre of snow haha

It is still snowing heavily in places with 50cm so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I've been driving around this morning, I didn't see anywhere with a metre of snow haha

Drive up Sally gap and you'll see it quick enough.

Seriously go ahead I promise you won't get stuck. Infact leave your phone behind because I'm so confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

B0jangles wrote: »
    I was just out investigating and while its basically all slush near the Seafront in Bray, it turns into real snow once you get inland from the main street. I went up the Herbert road for about half a mile and it's great - about 4-6 inches over most places and obviously deeper in the drifts. I'd say if you got even a little way up Bray Head it's good, deep snow.

That's looking up the Herbert Road from just past the side of the church.

I'm about 700m up the Putland Road from the seafront and there is a decent amount of snow here. Closer to the seafront there's apparently very little though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

vdriver wrote: »
    Moyglare road ,maynooth is closed

Is this up online officially anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Strange . I am in Tallaght and we have metre high drifts and outside my hall door is at least 50cms .We are basically snowed in .

Wow really? Well that's way more than milltown /rathgar area , here it's 6 inches level and about 10 or 11 inch drifts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,583 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Not sure there was a storm, but its still snowing steadily in Waterford and any photos I might take look much the same as the other Waterford pics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

JCX BXC wrote: »

Seriously go ahead I promise you won't get stuck. Infact leave your phone behind because I'm so confident.
    and a fiat punto will be grand for that road ...no problem at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Goose81

JCX BXC wrote: »

Sally gap is the mountains and not South Dublin, what's that got to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

A few pics of the carnage in North Kildare. Anyone saying this is a non-event needs their head examined

https://imgur.com/a/VfatT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

The snow is about 1.5 foot deep in areas where I live in D18 and drifting higher, just because you have none doesn't mean a red warning wasn't warranted. You can hardly walk outside in areas, let alone drive so I think the warning is 100% justified!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Still difficult conditions here. This pic was taken 10 mins ago.

South Laois.

20180302_092736[1].jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

I am seeing pictures from friends around Ireland that are absolutely amazing. The drifting is incredible.
    Kildare looks especially bad. I saw one drift of 10 ft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Mod note

You’ve made your point - repeatedly- so move on please.
    It’s nothing short of deliberate thread-spoiling by you at this stage.
    Post any more of your comments on warning levels in the dedicated thread only

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

The warning to stay inside has been lifted because the blizzard has past? Is this true for Dublin/Leinster? It certainly doesn't look safe to be out in, in Galway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still snowing heavy in Ballincollig in Cork, -1, snow looks alot deeper than yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Goose81

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    The snow is about 1.5 foot deep in areas where I live in D18 and drifting higher, just because you have none doesn't mean a red warning wasn't warranted. You can hardly walk outside in areas, let alone drive so I think the warning is 100% justified!

Dun Leary, monkstown, blackrock, stillorgan , dalkey and killiney are all fine I've been driving out for the last hour

That's a pretty good chunk of where they said we would get 1 metre

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Woke up at 6am to 5 inches of snow in the garden (checked with measuring tape :) ) , with drifts of up to two feet in places .

The dog wasn't impressed .
    444107.jpeg

Cleared access to the back door , but it's been snowing heavily again for the last hour and is back piled high at the back door again , and all the snow I cleared has been well filled in .

Visibility is very poor

( not too far from Enniscorthy )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Greetings from North Cork - We are all snowed in :)

wsgw7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

fjon wrote: »
    I'm about 700m up the Putland Road from the seafront and there is a decent amount of snow here. Closer to the seafront there's apparently very little though.

All the way down the Quinsborough road is horrible - deep wet slush everywhere - I'd say it's the same for all the parallel roads between the seafront and the main street. So any Bray people sad about the crappy snow - just get a little bit further inland or a tiny bit higher up and it's much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Wicklow Cam is back up

http://www.wicklowcam.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Have observed a mild thaw, whilst it's still snowing. !!!!
    Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Going to see branches coming down soon enough with the weight of the snow. our bamboo is horizontal with the weight of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

There's at least 10 inches of snow in our yard now. I measured my wellies and they're 9.5 inches tall and the snow comes up above them and my foot isn't touching the actual ground underneath the snow. Some of that is left over from Wednesday and Thursday but the majority of that is overnight accumulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

irishfeen wrote: »
    Greetings from North Cork - We are all snowed in :)

wsgw7.jpg

What part of North Cork?
    I'm in the city and it's snowing heavily.

Time to either read a book or do some housework. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭A Law

Anybody here know what it's like around ballymagarvey village? Meant to be going to a wedding there tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 vdriver

Patser wrote: »
    Is this up online officially anywhere?

Not officialy...just unofficialy

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Many parts of west and south Dublin gave had massive snowfall and huge drifts including where I am in Dublin 15...Blanch/Castleknock.

Just a fact....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

P3024623_combi.jpg

Bottom image was taken just now, top yesterday evening. Tipp is burried.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Seems to be thawing now in Santry. Went out for a walk and there was an icy patch at the gate and when I came back, it was gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Snizzle in Dublin 5. Better than nothing.

Advertisement