Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

pad199207 wrote: »
    Naas this morning

These are the scenes that I’d never ever thought I’d see in Ireland!

9_B59_D5_DB_B31_E_4_D7_A_BE5_C_09_CE5_A153_A73.jpg

In Oz but I would love to be home right now. Sensational scenes! Enjoy it everyone. Epic stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I love the "ooh I'm hard, thats hardly snow" lads on here. Embarrassed for them but fun to read all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 vdriver

Moyglare road , maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

What part of North Cork?
    I'm in the city and it's snowing heavily.

Time to either read a book or do some housework. :eek:
    SW of Mallow, 190 asl - snowing continuously all morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Goose81

The Nal wrote: »
    I love the "ooh I'm hard, thats hardly snow" lads on here. Embarrassed for them but fun to read all the same.

Embarrassed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

There’s about 8-10 inches horizontally on the *side* of my car, nothing on top due to the wind, after clearing it yesterday at 10am.

Drifts look incredible. About 2 ft deep to left of car. Same in back garden some approaching 3ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

snowing again in D15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Anyone planning a trip to the mountains today?

Lugnaquilla is probably impossible to summit given snow depths and drifting. Road wont allow it.
    Carrauntoohill too risky.
    Galtymore might be an option depending on approach and roads.
    Croagh Patrick and possibly Mweelrea should be doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Many parts of west and south Dublin gave had massive snowfall and huge drifts including where I am in Dublin 15...Blanch/Castleknock.

Just a fact....

Hi former neighbour. I lived on your road until last October! Number 26 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Apparently over a dozen rough sleepers in dublin who refused accommodation provisions were forcibly taken to psychiatric units for evaluations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Lugnaquilla is probably impossible to summit given snow depths and drifting. Road wont allow it.

Seriously??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

wakka12 wrote: »
    Apparently over a dozen rough sleepers in dublin who refused accommodation provisions were forcibly taken to psychiatric units for evaluations

Well it was either that or they end up in a+e with hypothermia or worse. Correct decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

Coolbawn in North Tipp earlier this morning, It's been snowing here pretty much since Wed. morning, though never particularly heavy it has accumulated quite a lot.

https://postimg.org/image/rfh34xvmt/

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

Snowing heavily with big flakes in greystones currently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Do umyou not think the emergency services have enough on their plate without rescuing hill walkers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Noooo I think the sun is starting to break through!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

spookwoman wrote: »
    Going to see branches coming down soon enough with the weight of the snow. our bamboo is horizontal with the weight of it

Wind has blown snow off all trees around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

leahyl wrote: »
    Noooo I think the sun is starting to break through!

just your imagination

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Goose81 wrote: »
    Embarrassed?

Yeah. Quite cringing to read. Very David Brent. Funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Gerry just about to talk on RTÉ now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Things were so promising with drifting starting, snowfall and temps holding until 1 30 am last night. Still got a decent fall out of this but ppn rates in the second part of the night let me down. Light snow now. Expected more out of this but did manage to see 2 hours of full on blizzard so i will still call this a memorable event. S dublin coast dalkey

• Registered Users Posts: 4 moodus

Anybody here know what it's like around ballymagarvey village? Meant to be going to a wedding there tomorrow!!

Took a walk around Kentstown this morning. Main Duleek / Navan road is open for a single lane of traffic (4x4s, tractors). Drifts of up to 5 feet off the main roads.

While Ballymagarvey Village is right on the N2, it might be... problematic for suppliers, staff, etc to get there. You'd really want to contact someone associated with the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Car99 wrote: »

Do umyou not think the emergency services have enough on their plate without rescuing hill walkers

Indeed.. I see MetE have lifted the "stay indoors" warning - I'd hate to be reading reports later of eejits out swimming or stranded on hills/mountains putting rescue workers at risk as well as themselves because of this.

I don't plan to go anywhere today as while it's not gotten much deeper here (Laois), it's still very cold and icy and high gusts have been added to the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah. Quite cringing to read. Very David Brent. Funny though.

Driving around south Dublin for an hour to prove there's no snow is David Brent to a factor of 10. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭enricoh

Anybody here know what it's like around ballymagarvey village? Meant to be going to a wedding there tomorrow!!

3 or 4 inches of snow in East meath, I'd say the bride will be loving the snow for photos. Ballymagarvey is just off the main ashbourne road which will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

http://F89ZyZ.jpg

Our road, no one is getting here today:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ich bin ein snowman

Goose81 wrote: »
    Embarrassed?

Yes, cringe level 12. Your only aim in posting is to provoke people, gutted for ur family.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

Heavy snow Galway city, very few if any cars moving.

Very little added to the lying snow here in Dundalk overnight. Windy today with the odd snow flurry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Can we just stop an appreciate how crazy this event is though that theres dubliners at sea level complaining about 'only' getting 4 or so inches last night :D

Advertisement