Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

fjon wrote: »
    I'm about 700m up the Putland Road from the seafront and there is a decent amount of snow here. Closer to the seafront there's apparently very little though.

I am at the top of the Boghall/ Killarney Road junction and there is decent covering up here with some large drifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Snowing quite heavily in Lucan again.

Temp 0c
    Dew point 0c
    Humidity 99%
    Pressure 995mbar

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

It has been snowing relentlessly here on the south Cork coast since yesterday. Even though the snow looks wetter than yesterday’s or Tuesday evening’s, it is sticking and adding a few more cm to what we already had. Elderly people on local radio (places like Barryroe) saying that this is the heaviest snow accumulation in this particular area in living memory, comparable to 1947 perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

vdriver wrote: »
    Moyglare road , maynooth
    Similar scenes in Celbridge. Snowing for 2 days now with drifts at least waist height.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyha

Some people are unreal, you might be near the coast in Dublin and it may look okay to you but there are people with significant difficulties due to heavy snowfall and winds overnight just a few KM away from you.

Met Eireann got this spot on, it's impossible to forecast hyper-local conditions for your back garden. I'm probably just rising to the trolls but forecasting weather is extremely complex and the forecast snow and disruption happened, even if you only got an inch or two at sea level.

Look at the UK, they didn't have a stay home warning and people have lost their lives or dangerously stranded, good job Met Eireann.

I am in Rathmines and was hoping for 1982 type scenes outside my windows this morning, didn't quite happen that way this close to the coast but still spectacular event for March. It's falling as very wet snow/sleet here right now too, can some of the trolls send me the address I should send my official complaint to so I can get some justice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Like 2 different worlds in Greystones..

The seafront is a raging angry storm.. Can't even look out to sea cause it's like needles hitting your eyes..

Then a 5 minute walk back up the hill and it's like a wonderland with kids out sleighing down hills..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Snowing non stop and heavy since dawn in SE Meath. I'd love to venture out in it but just going out the back to top up the starving birds feast is absolutely Baltic with the biting wind

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Daemonic wrote: »
    Similar scenes in Celbridge. Snowing for 2 days now with drifts at least waist height.

havent been out far...whereabouts are the big drifts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

According to Gerry Murphy on RTE just now, away from high ground, any snow will turn to sleet by tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭mossie

STill snowing quite heavily North Cork. Probably 6 inches overnight and drifted off the tarmac in places up against the house and is maybe two feet in those places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

irishfeen wrote: »
    SW of Mallow, 190 asl - snowing continuously all morning :)

North of mallow here. Snowing since last night. We've got about 5cms. Woo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Snow melting here of the cars in Dublin 5

• Registered Users Posts: 40,037 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

According to Gerry Murphy on RTE just now, away from high ground, any snow will turn to sleet by tonight.

No he said it might turn to sleet later in the day but snow again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭busymum1

Lots of snow here overnight in the western surburbs of Cork City and still falling. Not going anywhere today. Sorry if someone's already posted this. But good advice here for what to feed the birds. They'd like fresh water too. Stay warm everyone!
    https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/advice/how-you-can-help-birds/feeding-birds/safe-food-for-birds

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EMPotatohands

Snowing heavily in Ballyfermot. Proper big flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

,Noticing a slight thaw in Cork City. Still snowing like mad though

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Snowing again in Hunstown D15! Fairly heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Fantastic.

I am about 15m ASL in Wexford and its still snowing. As if there wasnt enough with the accumaltions and snow drift here already.

We should be having our first BBQ here in the Sunny South East today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

It's been snowing heavily here all morning in Shanbally near Carrigaline. Id say about 6 inches has fallen in the last 12 hours. Also have no satellite signal for sky tv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Hasn't stopped snowing since I got up in Trim this morning at 7 am. A bit of a thaw going on though.

The accumulated snow is slipping off the sides of cars now. Currently 1 Deg and snowing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Kill to Straffan Road Co Kildare mother of god

73_FD9905_CF40_4361_AD45_ED3_B18_B7_E5_AC.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Somedude9

It just won't stop snowing here in North Kildare; still blizzard like at times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

444122.jpeg

Celbridge. I helped push a car free, got bogged down in a drift... the person driving should not have been out.. no experience and kept stalling as we pushed them free.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Straffan1979

Heavy drifts Kildare- still snowing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

irishfeen wrote: »
    Greetings from North Cork - We are all snowed in :)

wsgw7.jpg

glad ye finally got some. Tuesday to Thursday were hard for ye guys to stomach Id imagine.

Still snowing in Cork city. Must go out with measuring tape now.. .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

One thing I've learned is that the Netweather radar is a heap of ...........
    AVOID.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just posted to the Kildare Weather facebook page.

♫♫ Do you want to build a snow door? ♫♫

82gJsic.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

One thing I've learned is that the Netweather radar is a heap of ...........
    AVOID.

For my area it is infinitely better than the met.ie radar. Doesnt seem to do Dublin well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

daheff wrote: »
    havent been out far...whereabouts are the big drifts?
    I haven't been out at all, purely 'window-casting' from the St Wolstans Abbey end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

My husband just brought tea and toast down to some fella stranded on the main road. He's driving a little Citroën berlingo, luckily it's not white, it's blue. The van just won't go any further. He has a friend in a jeep coming to give him a tow but his friend is also having trouble driving. My husband told him that if he hasn't been picked up within the next hour, he's coming up to us until someone can get to him.
    No idea why he's out driving, didn't ask.

Advertisement