Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Thawing like crazy here in north east meath

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Not too much of a top up in THIS part of East Galway but all the roads are impassable all the same.
    Looks like the heavier stuff went south and west of us fish a few friends have sent some amazing pictures of roads around clarinbridge . Galway city seems to have hit a good pasting too

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Blizzard again Dublin 15....very heavy with huge flakes. Massive snowfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

+1c here on the coast, Dublin 5.

We've had plenty of snow since Wednesday morning but starting to melt now. I see it dripping from my van also snow on the grass is icy or slushy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Where I live in south Armagh is very exposed half of my driveway hasn’t one grain of snow the other half is 3-4 feet has blown all to one side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Markgc

WORD OF WARNING.
    Watch out for thawing snow sliding off roofs throughout the day. Enough of it can be quiet heavy if it falls on your head.

And feed the birds!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

wakka12 wrote: »
    Can we just stop an appreciate how crazy this event is though that theres dubliners at sea level complaining about 'only' getting 4 or so inches last night :D

I actually got no extra net snow last night. Very strange considering the south side was buried.

Also Dublin tends to do well out of easterlies.

Anyway it is what it is. Enjoying what I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

P3024626c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

FINALLY proper snow in Dublin 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Im laughing at the people around Dublin who are still convinced it rained last night. Some posters who insisted it was rain early in the night suddenly realised at 1am that the snow had been piling up the whole time outside.

Even now its trying to snow at sea level, but with larger wet flakes that look like typical snow.
    Yes its slushy on the coast, but its surviving very well regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Still snowing. But there's a thaw going on 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I am now seeing snow for the first time in this spell after days of snow grains.
    reason is its because its +1c I presume?
    Im laughing at the people around Dublin are still convinced it rained last night.
    the snow grains stuck to windows and melted and it looked like rain :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭secman

Here in Dublin 24 the snow is easily a metre high where it drifts, we have it high at back of our house. The centre of the road is easily a metre high too. No cars will get off our road today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

so is the Cork snow shield 'theory ' now disproven or is it still valid but with the proviso that ' the theory does'nt apply when there's a beast from the east combined with a storm form the south'.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

km79 wrote: »
    Not too much of a top up in THIS part of East Galway but all the roads are impassable all the same.
    Looks like the heavier stuff went south and west of us fish a few friends have sent some amazing pictures of roads around clarinbridge . Galway city seems to have hit a good pasting too

20 cms in parts of the city with drifts up to 60 cms and probably another 20 cms or so to come, looking at the radars.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

thaw on here too. I reckon the thaw will become more progressive over the weekend as temperatures increase slightly each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wazzo

Started snowing again in Finglas, North Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I am now seeing snow for the first time in this spell after days of snow grains.
    reason is its because its +1c I presume?

What Irish people call “proper snow” is generally wet snow. So, yes probably. Large flakes are wet snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

We had an awful lot of snow here in Waterford and it's still snowing. It's going to take a big thaw to shift it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Artane2002 wrote: »
    FINALLY proper snow in Dublin 5!

Typical I remember 82 and 2010 as I was living in D5 then. In by town now and everything resembles a coffee slush puppy

Please send some of the heavy stuff my way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I would've had much more snow if Emma didn't come. She's killing the steamers and bringing nothing here.

Same here in south Cavan. Had constant snow yesterday morning till afternoon but as soon as the storm arrived we've had nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

It was a fun few days, but will bit tired of the snow now at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Amazed at the lack of thaw on the coast here in dublin the past few days. Would have expected it to be more dramatic but even now very little thaw happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Still snowing in Snadymount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Gusty snow in D15 again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Not bad I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Good bit of snow coming down in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭thomasj

Snowing again in Dublin 15, crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Pictures coming out of Kildare are extraordinary