Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

We're buried here in Waterford and it's still snowing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Snow has continued this morning in D18, nowhere near as heavy as last night though as the wind has died down a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I'm out in Limerick, its about 2 inches thick in my back garden

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Snowing away in Kilkenny just not really sticking but existing (limited) snowfall hasn't thawed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

28cm of flat snow measured outside on the patio (not going any further than that right now!) and light snow is beginning to fall again. Dublin 24 100m asl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Goose81

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah. Quite cringing to read. Very David Brent. Funny though.

Not really, they are just saying they got no where near as much predicted snow but carry on with your embarrassment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just saw pics on Twitter of people driving the wrong way on the m7. Seriously wtf . Stupidity knows no bounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Markgc wrote: »
    WORD OF WARNING.
    Watch out for thawing snow sliding off roofs throughout the day. Enough of it can be quiet heavy if it falls on your head.

And feed the birds!!

It's like powder where I am and has all just been blown off the roof by the wind so no accumulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Never seen snow like this before in wexford town. Been constant for hours and still pelting down:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Anyone still getting heavy snow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

No thaw at all in Dublin 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Good heavy pasting here in Midleton. Still snowing heavily enough but wind has gone down. Winter wonderland outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Snowing heavy now in Oughterard. I have about 10cm but much deeper drifts. Great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

I am now seeing snow for the first time in this spell after days of snow grains.
    reason is its because its +1c I presume?

the snow grains stuck to windows and melted and it looked like rain :-)

Yes, its a reasonable mistake in the dark, but there are still few die hards insisting it rained popping up on the threads this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Moderate snow in Sandyford and the easterly wind is still howling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Panrich

Usually find netweather radar to be pretty accurate but we've had non-stop snow here in Trim and Netweather has shown clear skies for us all morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Yep here in Waterford still heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭abacus120

Greystones,co wicklow still coming down

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

snow is heavy in D14, road conditions outside are hell and i suggest nobody to drive, its packed ice ontop of snow ontop of packed ice with more snow again! simply hell, none of that slushy crap either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Light wet snow only sticking to snowy surfaces. Decent amount of snow in garden. No idea how many cm fell. Was expecting about 5cm more than what i got but conditions were incredible ladt night so was a memorable event nonetheless. Dalkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Inchicore is a whiteout. People are walking on the road as the snow is too deep on the footpaths

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

20180302_083651_zpsq4f0rtte.jpg the wall is 3.5m high here near the Wicklow gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Still steadily snowing here in Maynooth, but it does feel wetter, less permanent. With exceptions of some mountains, Kildare definitely seemed to take brunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Hooray. Moderate snow now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Still very heavy snow in South Kilkenny. Any foot prints or paw prints from earlier this morning have all been refilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam Co Galway 03/03/18IMAG3087_zpsemn494iv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Got very little snow here in Malahide,cars going up and down the road no bother,Wind is still howling strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Patser wrote: »
    Still steadily snowing here in Maynooth, but it does feel wetter, less permanent. With exceptions of some mountains, Kildare definitely seemed to take brunt.

Without a doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

What's it like in Kerry? It normally escapes snow .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Main road from Clane to Sallins!!

Advertisement