Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

amor3 wrote: »
    Yep, I'm in the coombe, was brought in Saturday. Staff are doing 24 hour shifts and sleeping in dorms. They are incredible. Enjoy the snow everyone and stay safe.

Wish you the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Anyone with a temperature check for the country? My barometer is frozen (no joke) it's like walking on a skating rink in the yard.

Worried pipes will be affected.

S. Sligo
    90m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Big flakes in Naas now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

A few mins ago in South Dublin city center

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Any idea for how bad it's going to get in Mayo? Have a close friends wedding there on Saturday and worried about its going to fare out for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Absolutely insane for the last 20 minutes in Mulhuddart D15.

Snow being carried by the wind like in the leftside of fritzellys video 2 above. Mesmerising to stand at the door and watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

kSM2kx4.png

It looks like Naas could be in line for another pasting tonight.

The streamers don't look like much but they brought the unexpected levels through Casement > Naas > Newbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Strong winds for the last while in Sandyford, but no snow showers for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

So from my unexperienced eye this looks good for Waterford yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Any chance that electricity supplies could be affected?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Is that Villian from here on the tonight show?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    Serious question will the pubs be open tomorrow and Friday

i hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Do they have red weather alerts for weeks or months at a time in Siberia, where people dont go outside ?

i would imagine because they have it all the time. they are better equipped to deal with it. we cant really compare the two.
    give the siberians all the rain we get and see how they cope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'm awake and looking out the window here in Kimmage and cursing all you blizzard hoarders everywhere else in Dublin! Not much happening here but any snow we lost today has more or less been replaced over the course of the day. It's mad how bright it is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

leahyl wrote: »
    Wish you the best!

amor3 all the best and stay warm in there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,117 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Saganist wrote: »
    Please don't tempt faith. Was thinking of this before this all started for were I live.

Maybe you could get some heat into the attic to try warm it from the inside? Like where people grow weed up there, no snow or frost on their roofs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

screamer wrote: »

Big chance tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Little to no snow could reach Dublin , enjoy tonight while you can

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

guil wrote: »

Yup it is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

ME have made this red level warning nationwide and from now even though many parts of the country may see insufficient snowfall to justify that level warning. I wonder are they losing the run of themselves somewhat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

doylefe wrote: »
    Will my bin be collected on Friday morning. It's full to the brim.

Not sure if joking.... are you going to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Pentecost wrote: »
    I'm awake and looking out the window here in Kimmage and cursing all you blizzard hoarders everywhere else in Dublin! Not much happening here but any snow we lost today has more or less been replaced over the course of the day. It's mad how bright it is out.

I looked out my window about 15 minutes ago and it was lashing it down.
    Stopped now but no doubt will pick up again over the night.
    Live in crumlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

Couple more snaps from Douglas, Cork.
    Thunder and lightning has stopped for now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Just a reminder that MT Craniums Monthly Weather Forecast Contest is still open to entries HERE
    Anyone can have a go so why no give it a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Deffo more now than when i woke up this morning. Even the indents where I had my cans have been filled in. Interesting to see what the night brings if anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

The wind is literally driving the snow so hard into my back door I can now longer see out properly. So long friends...

WolfeEire wrote: »
    The precipitation rates at that point in the run (featured in your image) are negligible away from Leinster and Munster. This is a Red Alert for Munster and Leinster, and perhaps Galway. Fundamentally, I think our system of weather warnings needs redressing. Met Eireann are superb but I don't think for one minute that there was unanimous agreement or anything close to it in Glasnevin over this. Maybe, Gerry really is on holiday.... However, they are the experts and they get it right the vast majority of the time.

Edit: The precip doesn't really reach beyond the north midlands here so it's all the more puzzling - http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

Interesting if true. The 11.55 forecast on Radio 1 called for Emma to affect "all parts of the country" at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

guil wrote: »

Yep, iPhone at arms length for Skype and a bald head are a bad match :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

screamer wrote: »

There's always a chance - I think the major threat is tomorrow evening and the combination locally of strong winds and snow. Added to the mix is the potential for lightning.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

And there goes February... and here comes March

Advertisement