Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Anyone still getting heavy snow?

Moderate snow here in North Kilkenny / Laois border, although probably the heaviest it's been in last 24 hours. Snow coming almost vertically down now🌨

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭obriener2054

I Cleared the front of the door 4 times yesterday of over a foot each time, there’s another 3 ft there this morning .... sally gap road from manor Kilbride

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Have you jumped into the future? :D:D
    m17 wrote: »
    Tuam Co Galway 03/03/18

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭patsy sally

just seeing a tractor struggling to get through the snow on a side road here in wexford,so other veichles havent a hope of travelling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

m17 wrote: »
    Tuam Co Galway 03/03/18IMAG3087_zpsemn494iv.jpg

You can see into the future?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Kildare looks like it has more than double the depth of snow an drifts compared to anywhere else. The photos from Kildare are similar to what we had in 1982.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭A Law

moodus wrote: »
    Took a walk around Kentstown this morning. Main Duleek / Navan road is open for a single lane of traffic (4x4s, tractors). Drifts of up to 5 feet off the main roads.

While Ballymagarvey Village is right on the N2, it might be... problematic for suppliers, staff, etc to get there. You'd really want to contact someone associated with the venue.

Ballymagarvey said they have all the supplies in and the bride says she's not cancelling. Miten't be as bad tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

What's it like in Kerry? It normally escapes snow .

Got a right downfall of it last nite and still falling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

fepper wrote: »
    Got a right downfall of it last nite and still falling

Cool, has anyone any pictures of it there in Kerry? Its just that I live abroad and would like to see some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Showers coming again in D2, Aungier St. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

5(Ballymac) -12(lyracrampaune) inches depending where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

About to walk 4km to the hospital...6 week old in there...should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

http://E4CUCY.jpg

Our front garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭secman

UK experienced 8 to 11 hours tailback on motorways yesterday, over 8,000 car collisions, emergency services stretched. I'm sure there will unfortunately be fatalities too.
    We had no such problems as we heeded the warnings, no issues here with the red alert, I went to work yesterday in Dublin and left the office at 1:30 pm. Brought some work home to do today.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,037 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I walked out in it earlier and the main road wasn't cleared. I'm cork city there didn't seem to be a whiteout but it's just tipping away snowing lightly and sometimes heavier but it's building slowly. I did check one of my footprints and tried to feel what's under the snow and it's ice. So the snow might look hice but underneath it is a layer of ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    Main road from Clane to Sallins!!

I hope you don't mind. I shared your photo on FB to someone who lives in the area. I credited you or at least your boards user name. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Gonzo wrote: »
    Kildare looks like it has more than double the depth of snow an drifts compared to anywhere else. The photos from Kildare are similar to what we had in 1982.

The south coast from Wexford, Waterford along to about Clonakilty is right up there too on snow depth. The heavy snow that is hugging the coastline here could bring us up to Kildare levels soon. Local areas such as Barryroe between Kinsale and Clon have already had heavier snow than 1947.

Edit: OK looking at some of those recent photos from Kildare, I don’t think we are quite there yet but if it continues snowing like this for the rest of the day we could be!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Walked down to the only shop open in Clane, the main road has had a few jeeps go down it but the smaller roads have had none and it was a killer in parts.

444135.jpeg

444136.jpeg

444137.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kmoneill

Snowed in alot of the county last night.I live about 5km from kerry airport and we got about 8-10 cm overnight.snowing lightly at the moment but I think a bit of a thaw is starting as its up to 1 degree..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Heavy falling in Rathmines again.. this is mental!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

bitterly disappointed in last nights snow (lack of it) but overall this has been the most memorable snowfall i can remember (I was too young for 1982!). s. roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Word of warning, we went out this morning to have a look around. When we went to go back in our door would not open, thank god older son was still in bed. Think inside the lock was frozen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Has completely stopped snowing now and looks like a thaw is underway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Addle wrote: »
    You can see into the future?!

Must be driving a De Lorean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Decent shower now in d14. Small flakes but not sleet

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Has completely stopped snowing now and looks like a thaw is underway.

Where? Snow has been relentless here for over 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭doseire

Gonzo wrote: »
    Less than 5 miles from Dunshaughlin Gonzo. Just move a bit!😜

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Always one.
    MT71Az5m.jpg
    Ballinakill roundabout Waterford
    vbpm9Mjm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Just been for a walk / snowball fight with the kids and turns out there's a lot more here in Rathnew/Wicklow than I realised! Looking out the window and you can see bits of uncovered road, but it's blown somewhere else so in other places it's almost up to the knees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

Still snowing in cork, but there's a bit of sleet and it's starting to thaw

Advertisement