Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Snowing but slight thaw by the canal in D2. Gonna go for a stroll along the luas line shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jojo37

After a slow start in North Cork it's snowed non stop since about 7pm last night and still snowing. Every child and parent on my estate is out making snowmen and having snowball fights. Loving it. Well worth using a couple of days annual leave for. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Went for a walk there in d15. Knee deep in snow in some parts. Cars stalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Sandyford D16

I don't know how much snow we've got here, but it's a lot.
    I feel like I'm missing out with regard to icicles though.

I've been cheated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Now 17cm in front garden and one 75cm drift against a wall in Rochestown, Cork city. 15cm on all roads in the estate. never seen the like. snowing steadily still. easily the biggest snowfall in these parts since, I think, 1979.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Unearthly wrote: »
    Went for a walk there in d15. Knee deep in snow in some parts. Cars stalling.

It was like that in Athlone yesterday. We got feck all snow last night. There’s less on the ground now than last night. Hopefully it’ll all be melted soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Cork is getting hammered all morning
    Extraordinary conditions

Not in my area of west Cork it hasn`t. Light patchy stuff all morning and I live on high ground (sorry don't know my exact altitude).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Main road through Kilbride village in Co. Meath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Still snowing in D7

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Braved a walk (or a slow trudge) on the country road outside by house. The road itself looks like something form a David Attenborough documentary on the Arctic. Pic below.

Measurement on level part of driveway is 28cm I took a measurement on the lawn out of curiosity (I know this is not accurate because of air space) but have got 60cm or 2 feet on my lawn here on the south Cork coast. This is record-breaking for us. We have never gotten snow like this and the snow is still falling heavily!

444157.jpeg

444160.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

gabeeg wrote: »
    Sandyford D16

I don't know how much snow we've got here, but it's a lot.
    I feel like I'm missing out with regard to icicles though.

I've been cheated

Great icicles yesterday on the coast, twisted by the wind into funny shapes. They all fell off during the early hours, temp must have nudged above freezing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Huge accumulations in Clondalkin and big drifts. Neighbour trying valiantly to dig his way out to the entrance of the estate to go to work but not moved more than 50m in an hour. Friend reported chaos on nearby n7 with cars abandoned and driving wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

So bright here in Limerick that it's causing a slight thaw but refreezing as the temps are zero

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Lashing snow big flakes no sign of thaw

Newcastle Dublin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

all shops and supermarkets to remain closed today in Dunshaughlin. Some of the side roads have drifts up to 6 foot deep.

snow more or less stopped here now with sun trying to make an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Wicklow Dublin mountains sucking the life of the perception for most of kildare now

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KingBobby

Is the snow going to stop at all today? Its relentless. The drifts are ridiculous at this stage! I did try to measure it...

Dublin 16

20180302_111421_zpsk8ybezwq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Still snowing in Ennis/ Clarecastle No body venturing out its pretty bad in the rural areas in the county esp near the Galway border

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Moyglare road has been ploughed in maynooth.

Measurement from middle of garden on a path in Kilcock. Drifts are up to two feet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Odelay

17larsson wrote: »
    East Meath.
    This was a road...
    RbZz0Q.jpg

Took me a while to figure that one out. Fookin hell!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

What's it like in Kerry? It normally escapes snow .

4 inches here now in East kerry cork border. Slight thaw on now but I still think esp going by mts forecast could get more snow this eve and tonight as the low slips away westwsrds

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whattodo1

Tinahely and its still snowing so pretty to look but wish It would ease off now 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Whereabouts in D16 kingbobby? That's unreal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

4 inches here now in East kerry cork border. Slight thaw on now but I still think esp going by mts forecast could get more snow this eve and tonight as the low slips away westwsrds

It's meant to be rain apperantly as the temps will rise :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Pouring down again near Maynooth for the past hour, 41 hours of non-stop snow now. Out exploring and the best depth representation I can find is 36cm on a level hard surface, drifts above my waist in places though and judging by pics I've seen on here there's about a metre of snow all along the main road into town, incredible scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Sariah

Lots of proper snow here still in Ballycullen, D24. Massive accumulations and drifts. Just went for a walk and lost the dog a few times in the drifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Since gerry took over the forecast the tone has been thaw...sleet..etc.
    Well I've news for you gerry cork is in the middle of a blizzard and heavy snow and the city is in lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

KingBobby wrote: »
    Is the snow going to stop at all today? Its relentless. The drifts are ridiculous at this stage! I did try to measure it...

Dublin 16

Wow. Where abouts was that taken?

Just looking at the Arpege, if we can hold onto the cold, this could be far from over for South Dublin

nmmuk-1-13-0.png?02-12

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Lethal in Clondalkin. Spent the last 2 hours digging out a tow truck and then dig out a Micra so they could both get out. 4ft drifts out near the canal, 2-3ft drifts near my place. My webcam doesnt do it justice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snow stopped here in Dunshaughlin about 20 minutes and sun trying to break through. Thaw is gaining momentum with snow sliding off the car and roof.

Advertisement