Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Surinam

Snow seems to be getting heavier in Dublin 7? Any other reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Getting heavier here on Clonmel also, not stopped at all. Epic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Roads completely impassable around rural virginia area. 7-8ft of drifts on lanes , have never seen anything like this in my life. Still overcast hasn't snowed in an hour or so. Still extremely windy. 0.5 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭optogirl

Surinam wrote: »
    Snow seems to be getting heavier in Dublin 7? Any other reports?

D7 here too - yep, still snowing away!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Down and down and down she comes - mid Limerick. Just imagine if they were proper sized flakes!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

For some parts I don't see a red warning lifted at 6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭hesker

17larsson wrote: »
    East Meath.
    This was a road...
    RbZz0Q.jpg

That's it right there. That was what North County Dublin was like in 1982.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Deedsie wrote: »
    30 odd years and I have ever seen this much snow in Nenagh. Anyone talking **** about red alerts deserves a kick in the hole. Definitely correct decision for this area anyway. Prob over 20 to 25 cm now and still going strong.

Took my 5 month old daughter for a walk earlier. Lovely to get a photo with her in the snow.

I haven't been down town today yet, how is it looking around Pearse ST/Market Cross? Dromin Rd (from my window) looks pretty impassible by anything other than foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Cork is getting hammered all morning
    Extraordinary conditions

Hammered is almost too soft a word for what is happening here. I never thought I’d say it but I think I want the snow to stop now, especially because we are down to 5 slices of sliced pan...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭stevenup7002

Thawing a bit in Clonmel (suppose it's to be expected around noon? Wonder when/if it'll freeze up again). Drips on side of the car, in cobwebs, snow melting down to nothing beside walls with no snow stuck to them, but still snowing moderately and seems to be getting heavier. Flakes are small, but not as small as the diamond dust crap we were getting last night. No wind whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭thomasj

Snow still coming down heavy in Dublin 15

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

4ft drifts in Clondalkin
    Clearing the tow truck and micra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Some serious drifts of snow on the local roads around South Longford.
    It's at least four foot deep in places.

a57a1002a0d84f25c5a62c86eafcf59d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭stevenup7002

revelman wrote: »
    Hammered is almost too soft a word for what is happening here. I never thought I’d say it but I think I want the snow to stop now, especially because we are down to 5 slices of sliced pan...

Will this powdery snow serve as a substitute for flour? Asking for a friend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Still snowing heavily here outside Naas.

Don't want to sound dramatic here, but I reckon we got hit pretty hard in particular.

Spent most of this am digging paths and clearing walkways etc.

I think we are snowed in on all directions, I'm assuming the military or council will be drafted in to clear the roads.

My neighbours cars have literally been buried in snow on the one side.

Can't keep up with the thread it's moving so fast, and my hands are pretty full - but does anyone know when the snow is expected to cease?

When's the thaw due?

And lastly, will all the snow in my back yard be a flood threat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Thawing in Drogheda, Lidl has opened up a few stores in Ardee/Dundalk few other places from 12

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Snow on and off in D3, fairly windy and the snowdrifts are pretty big along my road, we have a massive one out the back.

Fair play to the authorities for calling it as they did, its undoubtedly saved many lives and accidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Snowing heavily now in Templeogue. Has been for the past few hours. Drifts are 3ft plus up against walls. Generally about 13 inches. But accumulating. All local shops shut. Bread running a bit low. But will be baking yummy porridge bread later. Milk rationing also, no more hot chocolates...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Snow continuing in Waterford. Getting heavier in fact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Down by Ted Johnsons there are 5 1/2 foot snow drifts covering over half of the Monread Road.
    Further down at Aldi the drifts aren't as high but still a few feet. Tractor having difficulty navigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

What's it like in Kerry? It normally escapes snow .

2 cm here in w Kerry ... Blizzard never reached us

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

Just a few pics from up my way after last night ...... Still snowing although lightly right now but the snowfall with the wind makes it feel like pins hitting your face 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KingBobby

Whereabouts in D16 kingbobby? That's unreal!!
    gabeeg wrote: »
    Wow. Where abouts was that taken?

Thats my driveway, technically its rathfarnham but we're in the hills.

We'll need to be rescued by helicopter at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Plenty more snow to come today and tonight for the places that have already got slammed - going to bedlam in there come tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

No sign of a thaw in Galway city - snowing since last evening with heavier snow falling continuously since 6am.

7cm lying snow
    Temp 0.9C
    DP -0.4C

Latest webcam

444177.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Slight thaw here. No thaw up the road on dalkey hill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Incredibly disappointed here in Carlow town to have missed out, grey, dreary and spitting snow here, at this stage I'd sooner the sun broke through and cleared it up! :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Slight thaw here. No thaw up the road on dalkey hill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

Still snowing heavily here outside Naas.

Don't want to sound dramatic here, but I reckon we got hit pretty hard in particular.

Spent most of this am digging paths and clearing walkways etc.

I think we are snowed in on all directions, I'm assuming the military or council will be drafted in to clear the roads.

My neighbours cars have literally been buried in snow on the one side.

Can't keep up with the thread it's moving so fast, and my hands are pretty full - but does anyone know when the snow is expected to cease?

When's the thaw due?

And lastly, will all the snow in my back yard be a flood threat?

thaw won't happen properly for a week or so. Heard them talking about it on the radio this morning. Temps should be about 5/6 degrees tomorrow which should help somewhat, but hard frost due sunday night which will make things treacherous for monday morning.

Advertisement