Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Robertstown, Kildare - I had to climb out the dining room window to clear the snow from the back door, epic snow and it's still going, above waist height in places.

There's a picnic bench under there somewhere.
    KksupjqGeRkNrHFbtwvbP4yb4zJc12Ss76-Cqatl4IWN4AU_OYm_V1tqoOgKP70heiRCp6v_0vF_IVGKYoP-wUowsSa-6t-3T_IBWSA4lBGFFdpbRoBC1ZFVPhP3gtbpHyEYXFnSsnr9KzwhWWLxi8kvuAw6RJbuy77xJpOwmP2o_JUrkCwOiHnKDx4ZB6jAm4M1TgMDzTer2DpcSa6hs0QZrOTBxwUUZg5nksyBxQtEuPZV4DeZr-Xxlbg9KP38NdecZOwVnJigwr55WCHBiofL1gCdUkGE4wm6gLSYbInESooz_vvI5arYlzOcDDsKbI_oFUyqXJ6LqucDJDaeN7zgkuhuOYT6svlfOwoRe2NgrvXMWq67M1x5ih1rK-7oYKQFbB_HKVXzzcP-s8HWv9mCOsxvyxikMT0V4Lj60INi48RftgDmYi05ayH0yqBwXZkZ64s-YVBS3DW5WBJVZMj7CpQTuQbg9dlikEr3-hIVLUXIjfzcF2j0LoswNi5Mxb65s7KMg9F0lOB8wXcDP7FiFY1LLI1t1bmapdLj5Ovhb6XujFmkHuUClAytr6GOi7H8XutK4KlwAOkIv8UhT_Q_Ffvk04Aj8FIaqcWr=w1920-h845-no

Front Door
    rv7WlDK8UrtkPp4BPBcLonMwB3cJQ93Rd6ek4HH8c-3eRn0gcCOaXrX9rFv7jzBARwlAYkehqVMh1RTQrEY2-SZd58McSLhxrH81bL7I2I6MZrsX79idOEp9I9mnoDuwIKMHJ64tXLtClIkuA4I6aKgiW2y5fuz8czWwBCLSvX14BJnsnoPiVY4vxgCkm3ThRHdwHmPYGHgpX3JP1o7cPKq18z45MMu3Uo6uvKKeO-dS5CfpgRfL1zHHU5blXm996fhDe_5n49xXD-gZJ36yfNenXAmtgT0mSRBQ3vDPadt6OB6F-CFCYb4km0PhxWTD2lu4BetLmH07jrgrgM8l1w45zoK5ISJBA-26h87Nb6PofuMXW8dX9qU3xgJ5SZFRhoFaV5RosE_BOF8z2ScJRkYf_30DZFF2C0ZUpk6mAvV8jrIdOI_ZXVD1AkuhBUlmMjRLySHTd8dKTFKoDP9pCGPlDBydzOkVyayGxGJplq_RmSQ6u6ngyhnUP79E62VcChW3FBzttdp8_YxacvOd10HN7F8J3nPHlxEmmc1rzQhBlWcor-5D-503kMbKZAWbpFcEvItWjn0TxHUkkq-7LyNjRQh3U9xjvhEMLmbH=w1266-h949-no

Front Garden buried
    ETeGrRP4yZ5kIEn-ZwPwjP1IQcwqKDrqdEDMr7aW8DNgYwRaC19iPlNqpJLgdhbwP81TeInYVlNz1eb6dcxhqqE38wysXaze6-6Xy-fFVKMUo13ecBDH5zCBVu5wheHCF-VnfLWo1bVs0sosIMHj9xY3nyvBOQomWxB2tDj9j1rwDEdxeYEJpopp8hHVuOWSd65fzIHps8n6TnygoaqP7DYCmFY42o0Keg-Auysw-ZrdDBpt8GxS1ZAcB__XYUtSEhgdLclRx9a8vc51zJx7Wmt3lAiuNbt1lnYpfbaYivMAnLURKWwP8b0jaLdSjpbe15Wb7gkSBhXvhAmmaWgGDg8gMW425VnRvnzMUU-fO_TAxMJONkd0yuvcgzFdzyhjBFkyqsMnnc7RsIhnDz6RZ1RCcXu2-ycrzykJSx-g3Uzrf1J2VyN1enmqHZTOVgTFkShGhWE6-Kg4uKQO75bg_yaUjy8MzT18AndbO3Ko0aYLegFiyn0tirI97LV2AQ6wu9EVN8jK5m3RZrqt7YN7AQtm3Ld6lM6GEQctRJic46WZToo1snpl--XGjJ7oKa_E791VB42PcDWQ9FUYsfYFiuMdAOWTAj6Ap_bQ2708=w1266-h949-no

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I've never seen anything like this in Wexford, My.mother is 70 says this is the worst she has ever seen, There's drifts up over peoples 6ft front doors. Fire brigade is stuck up the road trying to shovel it out the last hour. Get pics up later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Down and down and down she comes - mid Limerick. Just imagine if they were proper sized flakes!

Grrr.

The proper sized flakes don’t cause the kind of accumulation we have seen. They are in general symptoms of wet snow. Near sleet. You don’t want them.

Still no snow here in north coastal Dublin. The front seems to have stalled over Dublin south.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

There is a definite thaw in Clonsilla. Neighbours roofs starting to turn black again. Water is dripping off the icicles at a fair rate. Its been snowing the last 2 hours or so but the amounts are low. Its not snowing enough to replace whats thawing. Current temps on the outside sensor is +1c

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Plenty more snow to come today and tonight for the places that have already got slammed - going to bedlam in there come tomorrow morning.

What about places that didn’t get hammered last night? They avoiding snow today?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Incredibly disappointed here in Carlow town to have missed out, grey, dreary and spitting snow here, at this stage I'd sooner the sun broke through and cleared it up! :-(
    That it is pretty amazing, thought you would be in the red zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

While it looks like it snowing heavily in cork city I believe it's actually thawing sadly. The leaves and stuff are green again and snow is falling down off car windows etc :(

1bryan wrote: »
    thaw won't happen properly for a week or so. Heard them talking about it on the radio this morning. Temps should be about 5/6 degrees tomorrow which should help somewhat, but hard frost due sunday night which will make things treacherous for monday morning.

5 degrees will thaw a lot of snow. Maybe not what Kildare got though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Hasn’t stopped in Cork City, but it’s wet and there’s a thaw starting

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

joes girls wrote: »
    Southeast Wexford, we are getting hammered here, unreal amounts of Snow Falling non-stop.

Went for a walk met 2 vehicles, an Isuzu Trooper and a Hilux. You can't even get to the road from my place. I cleared away from around the doors and within an hour it was covered by another 2 inches.
    Dug my way to the side gate, opened it and had 4 feet of snow at the other side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭glen25

Anyone know if the M6 motorway out of galway (as far as athlone) is passable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Never see anything like this in waterford and it's still bucketing down as I type ...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've never seen anything like this in Wexford, My.mother is 70 says this is the worst she has ever seen, There's drifts up over peoples 6ft front doors. Fire brigade is stuck up the road trying to shovel it out the last hour. Get pics up later

I'm in Enniscorthy and I've 35-40cm of snow all around me. It's up to 60cm in some parts, and it's still snowing quite heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

While it looks like it snowing heavily in cork city I believe it's actually thawing sadly. The leaves and stuff are green again and snow is falling down off car windows etc :(
    Not on the northside where I am it isn't, and it might be very slight. The temps will probably drop again nearer sunset. The cloud cover hasn't broken yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Classical big flakes now in Greystones, to add to the foot or so here already (more in drifts).

Clouds out to the east are all black.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I personally prefer and thought 2010 was more impressive here for my area specifically, Dublin 13.

I know that Kildare certainly has some shocking scenes but I'm only speaking for my area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Snowing again but doubt ill get past the light/moderate intensity. Snow cover 0 cm in windswept areas to about a foot in some sheltered gardens

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

here in east galway, made it half a mile up the road in the jeep and had to turn back, snow drifts 7 foot deep at least have the back roads level with the fields cant tell where the road is.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Extraordinary given what is happening just a few miles down the road here. The snow is getting heavier and heavier by the minute and hasn’t stopped for 3 hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

What strikes me about the pictures of the drift-clogged roads is that there are no cars or buses trapped in them... Unlike the pictures taken in 1982. Now we see the benefit of the red alert system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

There is a definite thaw in Clonsilla. Neighbours roofs starting to turn black again. Water is dripping off the icicles at a fair rate. Its been snowing the last 2 hours or so but the amounts are low. Its not snowing enough to replace whats thawing. Current temps on the outside sensor is +1c

Its been bucketing snow over the road in Carpenterstown since about 10am this morning, but it does also seem to be thawing slightly at the same time. Still building up though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭thomasj

Down the road from you in hartstown and there's no sign of a thaw coupled with it still snowing heavily.

Loughc wrote: »
    What about places that didn’t get hammered last night? They avoiding snow today?

Looks like it. The front is receding west.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I personally prefer and thought 2010 was more impressive here for my area specifically, Dublin 13.

I know that Kildare certainly has some shocking scenes but I'm only speaking for my area.

Completely agree. Borderline non event for D13. Almost everywhere else had some great snowfall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Not on the northside where I am it isn't, and it might be very slight. The temps will probably drop again nearer sunset. The cloud cover hasn't broken yet.

That's what I'm hoping for, the snow to continue until Sunday set when it will freeze and sticking starts again. Although my dark skies app is predicting rain to come around 9/10 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'm in Enniscorthy and I've 35-40cm of snow all around me. It's up to 60cm in some parts, and it's still snowing quite heavily.

It's pretty epic alright. Puts 2010 in the ha'penny place.
    Just saw a video of Penney's in Wexford,all the snow on the roof sliding off into the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Thawing in Athlone now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Snow getting heavier again in Wexford town big flakes this time. Unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I think I'd like a thaw here in Cabra, because we're basically stuck now - not snowed in as such but the snow on the street is higher than the surrounding pavements, and there's just no way of our car going anywhere at all. Meanwhile we've a toddler, so we can't really go far on foot either, the pram gets just as stuck. We have a baby bike trailer that can be pushed and that's usually great for off-roads, so we might try it, but right now it's still too windy and there's still snow coming down. Thankfully I was one of those silly panic buyers (or you know, someone who is prepared), so we're grand for food and milk until Monday (and I'm sure we'd be fine a few days beyond that too), but we've all been cooped up for a week now, cabin fever will reach record levels soon.

So, as much as I've loved this week of snow, I wouldn't be too bothered to see it stop for a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Looks like it. The front is receding west.

Not really. Kilkenny last night hadn't much fresh snow. Its been going now for about 4 hours :)

Advertisement