Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Still coming down heavy in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Titain

Amazing down here. I could be wrong but i'm positive we have more snow than we had in 2010, about 4-5 inches and snowing constantly. Forgot to say, castlecove Co kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Agree. Emma didn't really make it north of the Liffey. I'm hearing no reports of any disruption from places north of Dublin such as Drogheda, Dundalk, north Co Dublin etc.
    I'm giving up now, whats left of Emma has stalled and I'm expecting nothing more than flurries from now on.

Very inaccurate - there are loads of reports in this thread from North Co Dublin, north Dublin City, and Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Sariah wrote: »
    Lots of proper snow here still in Ballycullen, D24. Massive accumulations and drifts. Just went for a walk and lost the dog a few times in the drifts.

I'm here too, and it's been non stop snow for the last 24 hours, proper big flakes too.
    Some numpty abandoned their car at the entrance to our estate, God knows why they were trying to drive last night......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sunsetbeachfan

• Registered Users Posts: 21,933 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Snowing non stop here all morning , Laois .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Lovely snow falling s dublin coast now. Hoping to add another few cms this afternoon with the slightly lighter wind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

One of my fine big conifer trees, that stood for 40 odd years, came down last night with the combined weight of snow and the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

The snow is still coming down in d24, hopefully there is no thaw today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

There could be some heavier snowfall for a time with more accumulations in the east overnight.

Yes, that includes Dublin city...temperatures generally won;t get above freezing (slightly above for a time on east coasts), falling back after dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Do any of the experts know when the snow is meant to ease off along the south coast here? It has been snowing constantly since just after 8am and am starting to get concerned about what’s lies in store for the rest of the day and night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Took the dog for a walk earlier (Perrystown, D12), it's like The Day After Tomorrow out there. Wind has the ground stripped back to the impacted stuff that froze on the ground yesterday in places, three steps later it's in drifts feet deep.

I'm going looking for my ski goggles before I go back out, could barely see with the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Snowing since 10 in rathmines, and quite heavy!!
    Don’t see this stopping anytime soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

Unless they're hover cars they're going nowhere,2 foot of lying snow on the road and drifts double that, even walking is a challenge.
    I'm just trying to get my head around their stupidity.

Where you are. While some parts are snowed definitely snowed under, in other parts of Dublin traffic is circulating freely. Though I appreciate some people looking at 2 foot drifts from their door across their estate road would not realise this from what they are seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Still snowing here in south Kilkenny and plenty fell last night.

Must say I find this picture of Sallins in Co Kildare on the Irish Independent website absolutely extraodinary. Its like somewhere out of Alaska.

sallins%202.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

There's a very definite thaw on here on the north Dublin coast and I have no idea how this event is going to reload here. Other areas will get more, but for me this is over. No complaints though, it was a good 'un! :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

'Proper' snow falling now in Dublin 16, but not heavy enough to stick where I cleared a path through the snow. -0.1c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Plenty thick in Waterford city, and still snowing! Peoples park is beautiful and covered in snow men. An abandoned car in the last pic there shows the driving conditions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

MJohnston wrote: »
    Very inaccurate - there are loads of reports in this thread from North Co Dublin, north Dublin City, and Meath.

Theres decent snow, but Emma didnt add a huge amount to what was already there.

The heaviest showers in the north county Dublin area were the first batch on Tuesday afternoon. The afternoon sun beforehand seemed to give them an extra kick.
    The isle of Man shadow really only got going after dark on Tuesday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

spockety wrote: »
    Firhouse. Still bucketing down. 3 foot drifts in places, about 18 inches in the middle of the road.

2018 overtook 2010 and shoved it into a ditch on the way past.

Ye I can't get over the amount of snow we have had. Still pelting down.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

There could be some heavier snowfall for a time with more accumulations in the east overnight.

Yes, that includes Dublin city...temperatures generally won;t get above freezing (slightly above for a time on east coasts), falling back after dark.

What about cork and kerry inland kermit? The front Will surely clear that way dumping more snow there?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Snowing in D5 and thaw seems to have stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Thaw has begun here in Ennis/Clarecastle my lovely icicles are all gone though still snowing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Any one in Clondalkin? Looks like it hasn't stopped snowing all morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Thaw has begun here in Ennis/Clarecastle my lovely icicles are all gone though still snowing

Still snowing in Corofin above Ennis

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Has sky tv gone down for anyone else maybe its just mine no signal at all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Theres decent snow, but Emma didnt add a huge amount to what was already there.

The heaviest showers in the north county Dublin area were the first batch on Tuesday afternoon. The afternoon sun beforehand seemed to give them an extra kick.
    The isle of Man shadow really only got going after dark on Tuesday evening.

It did here in Cabra, which is north of the Liffey. There was a good 30cm of extra snow here since about 8pm yesterday, it was relentless. This added to the 10cm or so that had been on the ground since Tuesday's streamers.

There are other photos and reports from places North of the Liffey which got plenty of additional snow too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Melting quickly in Portarlington and seems to be raining.

Advertisement