Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

I’m in glencullen and it’s very bad huge drifts the roads are no more there is plenty people trying to drive in 4 by 4s and can only get a certain distance

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭stevenup7002

Has sky tv gone down for anyone else maybe its just mine no signal at all

Snow on your dish, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

TECH85 wrote: »
    Hey , so just lookin at raintoday radar it looks like there still a massive amount precip out to our south east . Alot of it looking like as it moves in it will get heavier !
    Whats ye’r take on this ?
    Still snowing now stop since last night , south tipp.
    Thanks

It hasn’t stopping snowing at all today in Enniscorthy. I’d say the drifts in my back have grown 30cm since 7.30am. Went for a walk earlier to check on my mother and paths and roads average 20-40cm deep. Drifts against walls and cars from 1 - 1.8m+. Much more than 2010. It’s lashing down snow in the last hour. The path I cleared a hour ago now has a 3cm covering. I don’t see this clearing by Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Snow trying to stick here on the coast but still a bit marginal. A km or two inland south dublin should get another few cms out of this I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

5 foot deep in my yard now
    Across the whole yard near Arklow
    Everything buried
    Track machine on the way to see if we can clear it
    Still snowing very heavy
    Hour 18 of Emma
    Rivaling if not surpassing jan 82

ESB truck got stuck in a 10 foot drift over the road from here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

What strikes me about the pictures of the drift-clogged roads is that there are no cars or buses trapped in them... Unlike the pictures taken in 1982. Now we see the benefit of the red alert system.

There were a few heading up to Windgates between Greystones and Bray. Seen a video this morning on the Greystones Open Forum. Seem people are just mental.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GreystonesOpenForum/permalink/1577214992313980/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GreystonesOpenForum/permalink/1577155445653268/

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Considering the state of the Country after all the snow it's funny that they are now telling people to go out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Have had 10cms min in South Kilkenny since 9am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

antodeco wrote: »
    Just measured out the back. 55cm fell in a sheltered spot since it began in Dublin 10.

Saw something about met eireann wanting people to send in pictures of that, needs to be in an open space

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭obriener2054

Spot the 3 cars lol

Still snowing hard here in Manor Kilbride

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Corofin Co Galway 02/03/18IMAG3106_zps9xzsmksa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

5ft + drifts in meath. I'd post pics but lost my phone in a drift :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Snowing coming down still in cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brookers

5 foot deep in my yard now
    Across the whole yard near Arklow
    Everything buried
    Track machine on the way to see if we can clear it
    Still snowing very heavy
    Hour 18 of Emma
    Rivaling if not surpassing jan 82

ESB truck got stuck in a 10 foot drift over the road from here

Why are people still complaining about red alerts and no snow etc, friends in kildare totally snowed in with 5 feet of drifts, around here in dalkey 2 feet of drifts along the side of footpaths.....what more evidence do they need, pictures coming from parts of carlow with snow over the roofs of cars......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Considering the state of the Country after all the snow it's funny that they are now telling people to go out.

Who is telling people to go out?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

Starting to snow again in swords

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Well they are not really telling people to go out... they have just lifted the stay inside warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

brookers wrote: »
    Why are people still complaining about red alerts and no snow etc, friends in kildare totally snowed in with 5 feet of drifts, around here in dalkey 2 feet of drifts along the side of footpaths.....what more evidence do they need, pictures coming from parts of carlow with snow over the roofs of cars......

Because they don't have snow in their back yard

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Oh and a van was stuck on road and listen to this they travelled from ashbourne to do a job in glencullen are people just mental

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Snow is getting even heavier here in Dublin 10. Definitely worse than 2010 for snow. However, the issue in 2010 were the 2 lots of snow, as the first one melted and froze. That was what made everything lethal. So far we have snow, so people can walk and crash can grip. I really hope we don't have a rapid thaw, as it'll cause serious flooding.

Have any provisions been done to prepare for the melting snow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Slight bit of snow here in Coolock. Nothing major are we expecting more or is that the worst of it done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

m17 wrote: »
    Corofin Co Galway 02/03/18IMAG3106_zps9xzsmksa.jpg

Corofin Co Clare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Looking at the radars it seems if the temperatures play ball we still have another few hours to go in South East?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

brookers wrote: »

Some expect the Red alerts to cover their actual house. If they don't have snow they feel there shouldn't be an alert for anyone.

I don't follow their logic

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Snow on your dish, maybe?
    Could be id say was working when i went to bed last nit around 1am feck it anyway guess i may dust off the old dvd collection so lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Snowing coming down still in cork city

It's not been very heavy in cork since last night but it's been tipping away and not stopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

No let up in Cork (Turners Cross). The footprints I created outside my door at 9 this morning are now almost completely covered again although the snow does seem wetter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Has sky tv gone down for anyone else maybe its just mine no signal at all

Sky is still working here. Probably a build up of snow on your dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Really coming down in Tallaght the last few hours. Best snow fall we've had since Tuesday night's event.

Hopefully add another foot or two if it keeps up all day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Went outside with the family to play in it for an hour. Main road outside the estate impassable. 3 cars stuck on it. Snow up to just below my knee (I’m 6 foot) on paths in the estate

Drifts of nearly 6 foot in the corner of the green

Genuinely never seen anything like it

Advertisement