Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Cienciano wrote: »
    Any one in Clondalkin? Looks like it hasn't stopped snowing all morning.

Yes. Non stop moderately heavy snow. Continuing to accumulate. Thigh deep in places. Big drifts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Saw this online. In Cavan on the cross keys to ballyjamesduff road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Absolutely Baltic in Cork City northside and still snowing - absolutely beautiful out there

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

sdanseo wrote: »
    No real increase in accumulation since last night in Malahide and definitely thawing here. The coastal fringe effect that Weathercheck described is the cause it seems combined with the precip having been less intense this far north. Within a couple of km of the coast (and the estuary hasn’t helped) it’s been like this. Anywhere further inland - just wow.

Yeah same here just up the road in Donabate. Emma just didn't push far enough North and to be fair many of the chart forecasts were showing that it might struggle to get past Dublin & that there might be less of an impact on the coastal fringes. Still it's been a great week for snow lovers in the North County

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

we only got a cm of snow in mayo, the main roads are pretty clear. Went for a drive over to croagh patrick and had the binoculars with me and sure enough i see some idiot making their way down . i couldn't believe it . they were on the path this side of the ridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Sky is still working here. Probably a build up of snow on your dish.
    Ya im thinking that was just wondering was all no way to clear it lol.ive good old boards.Ie anyway to keep me entertained ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just woke up to find the shed roof I cleared last night is covered in 2 to 3 inches again and some nice proper flakes are falling
    Lovely, if these keeps up then easily a meter of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Starting to snow again now in raheny, hopefully this is the return of heavier snow coming to dublin 5 area

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Some expect the Red alerts to cover their actual house. If they don't have snow they feel there shouldn't be an alert for anyone.

I don't follow their logic

I don't see anyone posting that the red alert for Emma wasn't justified - just a load of people complaining that people are posting the red alert wasn't justified :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Snowing non-stop in Blessington for two days now, any sign of this coming to an end? Must be 3 feet at least, massive drifts too

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Considering the state of the Country after all the snow it's funny that they are now telling people to go out.

No, what was stated was that the risk of blizzard conditions has passed and people no longer need to take shelter indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭spoonerhead

We’ve had all kinds of snow in Dublin since Tuesday! Snizzle, ice pellets, hazy snow, light flurries and light snow. Only today however are we seeing the big mega flakes which bring back memories of 2010

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

leahyl wrote: »
    Absolutely Baltic in Cork City northside and still snowing - absolutely beautiful out there

Seriously? I find it kinda warm now compared to last few days on south side of Cork. Lovely out having snowball fight and building snowman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,305 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ludo wrote: »
    Seriously? I find it kinda warm now compared to last few days on south side of Cork. Lovely out having snowball fight and building snowman.

Well any temp rise compared to the last few days would feel warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭stevenup7002

Thaw looks like it might be coming to an end in Clonmel. Dripping is getting less and less, and the droplets on surfaces are slowly starting to freeze.

Despite the thaw, we've gone from 15cm to 20cm in the past few hours. Snow is now the heaviest I've seen it (but still nowhere near as heavy as the showers on Wednesday). Occasional gusts of wind blowing a lot of snow off the rooves, but fairly calm otherwise. Looks like there's still a lot of life left in this storm. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Out of Guinness on the snow now :)
    But on a serious note thats a lot of liquid from one glass of snow. Lets hope it's a slow thaw
    po2zWWkJj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just measured it - nearly 13cms

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snow falling at a decent rate now in Dublin 16....ordinary decent flaky stuff this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It's not been very heavy in cork since last night but it's been tipping away and not stopping.

3.5cms has fallen here in Rochestown this morning. I measured 16cms this morning at 9am on garden table. Now up to 19.5cms at 1pm and snow still falling nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

MJohnston wrote: »
    Very inaccurate - there are loads of reports in this thread from North Co Dublin, north Dublin City, and Meath.

Most of them saying they got little snow? Certainly malahide didn’t.

Meath is further inland so didn’t have the coastal effect. However Kildare got lots more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Darwin

Snow is coming down heavier than ever here in Laois, garden furniture about to disappear completely. Looks like no end in sight until the early hours of tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

DXSSck0X4AER7Ml.jpg

Saw this on twitter, this is Clontarf right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Major thaw on here. Lots melted since this morning. Had nothing worth talking about fall since yesterday. And that path thats cleared wasn't even walked on! Never ventured into the back yard at all.

2018_03_02_12_45_05.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Heavy snow now in Santry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Will the people complaining about little to no snow just relax and enjoy your few unexpected days off go read a book or something binge watch netflix or have a monopoly marathon with the kids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

No sign of thaw in Clondalkin. The snow is still coming down well. The local newsagents may be the only place open around the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

We’ve had all kinds of snow in Dublin since Tuesday! Snizzle, ice pellets, hazy snow, light flurries and light snow. Only today however are we seeing the big mega flakes which bring back memories of 2010

Yep, eventually in Dublin 6 :) Snow in garden now at 2010 levels after looking a bit less spectacular earlier on. Road outside looking surprisingly clear, though possibly because the snow ploughs have not been out here in this event continually flinging snow into large banks at the side of road as happened in 2010. Getting gradually heavier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

RustyGate wrote: »
    I don't see anyone posting that the red alert for Emma wasn't justified - just a load of people complaining that people are posting the red alert wasn't justified :confused:

There was a thread started last night. And lots of comments i this thread. I understand you can’t be expected to search it all though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭emo72

Hasn't stopped snowing in Lucan all morning. Who is brave enough to start a "when will it ever stop" thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Absolutely relentless in Kildare, feels like its coming down heavier than at any point since yesterday evening, winds still very strong

Advertisement