Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Woooohooo heavy snow returns to raheny !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Most of them saying they got little snow? Certainly malahide didn’t.

Meath is further inland so didn’t have the coastal effect. However Kildare got lots more.

The post I replied to made no mention of coastal areas - it just said there was nothing North of the Liffey. Not accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

The shleet man is on the news again:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Thaw looks like it might be coming to an end in Clonmel. Dripping is getting less and less, and the droplets on surfaces are slowly starting to freeze.

Despite the thaw, we've gone from 15cm to 20cm in the past few hours. Snow is now the heaviest I've seen it (but still nowhere near as heavy as the showers on Wednesday). Occasional gusts of wind blowing a lot of snow off the rooves, but fairly calm otherwise. Looks like there's still a lot of life left in this storm. :)

Any pictures of the comeraghs?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Proper flake snow has returned to D1- this event had teeth in it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

No electricity and phone single poor so only catching up on threads now.
    No major snow here over night but nearby had huge drifts and a lot of roads still not passable.
    Started to snow again here about 9 but not real snow it was polystyrene balls type, useless for any sort of accumulation.
    Very strong gusts over night and early this morning..
    Finally stopped snowing and a big thaw on but it will take a while... it’s now +1 degrees

Kildare/Laois border

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Still a bit to go looking at radar. Looking like biblical amounts of snow at this stage for those in hilly areas or with some orographic lift. Light snow continues here, with the odd moderate burst. Very marginal though (s dublin coast) and hoping for a pep up this afternoon/evening as the winds get slightly lighter. Not expecting much in the way of accumulations though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I wonder if that front isn't stalling but just loading up from the Irish Sea.
    Gerry Murphy on RTE just after saying snow all day and tonight,rain a possibility from tomorrow.

Woooohooo heavy snow returns to raheny !

It does seem to be beefing up in the Irish Sea again. Rnd 2?

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Heavy snow at Grange, at last. None of those crappy ice pellets, snow grains etc, actual proper snow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

Will the people complaining about little to no snow just relax and enjoy your few unexpected days off go read a book or something binge watch netflix or have a monopoly marathon with the kids :)

Well some people have project deadlines for customers to meet and are tearing their hair out right now, but point taken when Mother Nature decides to go wild there's not a lot us mere mortals can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Unscientific observations in Newbridge....the icicles hanging from the gutters were dripping water for a couple of hours. The dripping has stopped now so temperature must have dropped again. Light snow showers starting up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Fairly coming down again in D5 (Killester)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

gluppers wrote: »
    You should go on Liveline just so Joe can somehow get in a pun.....

How many inches in Inchicore?

Not sure but it's still bucketing down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Dish out of alignment due to the wind??
    Ya im thinking that was just wondering was all no way to clear it lol.ive good old boards.Ie anyway to keep me entertained ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Ashbourne

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Dublin city starting to get a lot of real snow flakes now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭rodge123

10kms north of Kilcock, epic snow drifts on road from 3ft to 7ft!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So snowing in Cork should stop later on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Still heavy snowfall in South Kilkenny. Up to 12 inches on the ground now. It basically hasn't stopped since yesterday morning. Incredible snowfall. Does Emma still have an even further impact to make or is she finished once this snow dies down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

It's still snowing in Cork City and still accumulating. I don't remember ever seeing this much snow in my life, although my mam reckons 78 may have been worse (or was is 82 - she can't remember). I went to bed last night at 1am, and there was just the fine dust coming down, but no string winds or anything and it's be snowing continuously since about 8am. While I did want to see what the blizzard conditions would be like, I'm kinda glad now we didn't get that, because it's made today very enjoyable. The place is so quiet with no traffic, and plenty of people out walking and messing around in the snow. Had to come in there because I couldn't feel my toes! While I'm amazed at some of the stuff in the rest of the country which may have been more extreme - this is Cork, and this is extreme for us anyway. A pair of dry socks and a bit of a warm and I'm off out in it again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Snow falling constantly now since 9pm last night. Getting heavier again the last half hour. Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Heavy snow at Grange, at last. None of those crappy ice pellets, snow grains etc, actual proper snow!

Same here in donaghmede! Let it snow, Let it snow :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just started to snow again in Dunshaughlin, maybe Emma is not done with me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tobinjl91

Fairly heavy snow here in D6W, big fluffy flakes falling for the past hour. Doesn't seem to be sticking much though, dry areas from where cars were parked aren't filling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Very light snowfall here now,no breeze at all today

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Dublin 24 Firhouse / Ballycullen has had pretty much non stop snow since Tuesday night.
    There was a break for a few hours yesterday and Wednesday, but it's been snowing continuously since yesterday afternoon.
    I wasn't up all night, so can't verify if it stopped overnight last night.
    I'd reckon up until now we've had a similar amount of snow as 2010.
    Very hard to estimate totals, because of drifting, but I'd say we have had several feet of snow.
    Pic attached of car abandoned since last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Still snowing here in Jobstown, it hasnt stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Snowing heavy all morning in Blanch. Drifts of about 3 feet deep. Went for a lovely (but difficult) walk. Everything shut, looks like a ghost town! Long may it continue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brookers

cant see all the schools opening on Monday, so much snow.....

Advertisement