Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Just outside Monasterevin. No real snow to speak of since yesterday. Still a lot of snow around from the previous few days however.

It is definitely starting to thaw though. I cant say that I mind, I love the snow and I have had a good week in it but it can move on now. We have no water since Wednesday evening (pipes frozen in the well) so another reason why I dont mind it thawing.

I long for a warm shower. And the wife has gotten away with doing the dishes the past few days, plenty stacking up for her. (Jokes)

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭thejuggler

86 years young on a sledge just outside Cork City. Well done Eileen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Can someone give a quick forecast for south kildare please.,,no Wifi or power here , only site that’s loading is this one
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Omg omg omg

Big snowflake spotted in Dublin cc

Was so beautiful watching it's slow decent down to the ground where it promptly melted on contact :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Hasn't stopped in Celbridge. Really deep in my estate with 3foot drifts in parts. It's getting wet out there though. Snow beginning to come off the roof tops in big amounts. Would not like to get caught under one of those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

It truly is snowmagedon in Adamstown and Lucan. no sign of it stopping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Unbelievable snowstorm in Sandyford for the last hour. Incredibly heavy and biting easterly winds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Garden furniture will disappear at this rate, it was nice knowing you :pac:

zewWBhN.jpg

Strangely enough there are drips of water coming from the icicles underneath the table, snow filling up and thawing at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

RustyGate wrote: »
    Well some people have project deadlines for customers to meet and are tearing their hair out right now, but point taken when Mother Nature decides to go wild there's not a lot us mere mortals can do about it.

I can understand that alright but ppl just need to take a minute to relax life is stressful enough without complaining over everything the last few days is all I was trying to say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

The emergency response guys seem to be thinking the country will reopen tomorrow.
    What a joke it's snowing constantly here in Cork and we be lucky to be back on the roads Monday. Gerry was on thus morning saying the snow would turn to rain today, he's backtracking on this now. He's proven poor enough on his advice compared to the female staff last 2 days....even if it rains tomorrow the roads are going to be a no go until very best case Sunday

He hasn't been really. He said earlier that there will be further snow for a while this evening and early part of the night but that in the south it will turn to sleet and rain later in the night and early tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Sandymount

1Azl3lVr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

The emergency response guys seem to be thinking the country will reopen tomorrow.
    What a joke it's snowing constantly here in Cork and we be lucky to be back on the roads Monday. Gerry was on thus morning saying the snow would turn to rain today, he's backtracking on this now. He's proven poor enough on his advice compared to the female staff last 2 days....even if it rains tomorrow the roads are going to be a no go until very best case Sunday

It's actually quite annoying. I certainly won't get anywhere tomorrow. Hasn't stop snowing in Midleton area all day and as I'm up quite high I can only guess it's a small bit worse where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

no real snow falling in Dundalk since last night... a good 3-4 inches on the ground...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

I added it up, its been snowing now in D14 for about 28 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Very heavy in south Kerry now. Lovely altogether. Filling in this morning's footsteps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Very little snow fell here overnight but the wind has left big drifts and many secondary roads are impassable unless you drive a tractor

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

D 16, last night we got lots of snow but it was grains. Right now we have full on proper snow topping up last night. It's about 25 or 30 cm at least. Much deeper on drifts. No thaw to speak of. Could continue till evening too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

*RED ALERT*

Can confirm moderate dinner plates in Malahide for the first time since Wednesday.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

No chance of normal operation tomorrow
    Here's Clondalkin a short time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

mada999 wrote: »
    no real snow falling in Dundalk since last night... a good 3-4 inches on the ground...

One of the highest snowfalls so far is in West Dublin, Dublin 15 according to Siobhan Ryan ...40 cm at 9 am with another 10/15 on the way. Still snowing hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Yeah, I'm out since 9.30 and its about a foot or so deep, if not deeper in places. Mind the edges of the footpaths - the blend into the road

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

D9Male wrote: »
    Proper heavy snow now in Dublin 9. Emma is sorting me out eventually.
    Yes, nice to see it after I'd given up. At least it will top up lying snow despite not sticking to cleared wet concrete surfaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Markgc wrote: »
    WORD OF WARNING.

And feed the birds!!

But don't feed sea gulls (like one neighbour of mine - throwing food to them from her balcony).

You don't want to have them making a habit of staying around..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

thejuggler wrote: »
    86 years young on a sledge just outside Cork City. Well done Eileen.

That’s brilliant 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Non stop in D15 all day I'm a tall bugger and snow up to my knees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭20silkcut

The snow plough/grit spreader just passed my house half an hour ago and made zero impact on the road here in north Tipp still bucketing down. Heaviest snow I have ever seen in my near 40 years that is without doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Anybody else bored of snow yet?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

It's snowing away again moderately here near Mallow. Great to be out and about in this weather and the children are having a ball. Be great if it lasted till Sunday but looks like tomorrow will put a big dent in it not that Emma seems to be going anywhere in a hurry!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

This is amazing. On the dart line. Hypnotic. Press play

https://twitter.com/snastablasta/status/969544968229531648

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Very little snow fell here overnight but the wind has left big drifts and many secondary roads are impassable unless you drive a tractor

444259.png
    444260.png

Advertisement