Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

david75 wrote: »
    Stunning photo. It snowed on the pyramids for the first time in 112 years

That's from 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Relentless

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Up to a balmy 3 degrees at Malin Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Sustained heavy snow in raheny now, great to see after a quiet morning

I just cleared my driveway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

It hasn't stopped snowing here since 9 or so (D15).

It's still gusty snow, too. Between the snow on the ground and the constant snowing it's worse than yesterday for sure.

The place is dead though...whatever about the lifting of that advisory, seems like no one here is going out. I'm getting some serious cabin fever myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Sustained heavy snow in raheny now, great to see after a quiet morning

It just needs to push north to Portmarnock now! Snowing lightly here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

david75 wrote: »
    Stunning photo. It snowed on the pyramids for the first time in 112 years

Ha wasn't there a scene in some disaster movie ,( maybe day after tomorrow..?) where it started snowing at the pyramids and that was the sign of disasters to come

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

Those of you wishing for more snow, please stop. Some of us have been trapped in work for 72 hours now with no replacements and are wallfallen. Those of us working in Healthcare are dying to get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Imagine ireland was more influenced by its eastern airmasses during winter time and it regularly ended up mixing with strong atlantic storms coming from our west..ireland would probably be world famous for having the most amazing snow storms on earth!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Very light snow in Rush, it’s not sticking and most of what we had is melting away. Surprised the proper stuff didn’t hit here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Absolutely bucketing down in D18 the last hour, proper snow too and not the pellets we had yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

D.Q wrote: »
    In fairness, wouldn't use joe Duffy callers as a measure of community

I called into my next door elderly neighbours twice now. They're too proud to open the door. They'll hunker down until they can put the glad rags on and head to the boozer again.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

LookingFor wrote: »
    It hasn't stopped snowing here since 9 or so (D15).

It's still gusty snow, too. Between the snow on the ground and the constant snowing it's worse than yesterday for sure.

The place is dead though...whatever about the lifting of that advisory, seems like no one here is going out. I'm getting some serious cabin fever myself.
    queue at centra laurel lodge

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My road is totally blocked

B6C46505-FAA1-402D-9876-16FFC167904F.jpeg

and the other way
    67739CB8-96D9-4B2F-B33D-76D494E97681.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Very fine snow here again on the coast in Donabate. Had been thawing so can't really seeing it sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

It’s lightly snowing in North Tipp for most of the day and amazing how much has built up

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EMPotatohands

Those of you wishing for more snow, please stop. Some of us have been trapped in work for 72 hours now with no replacements and are wallfallen. Those of us working in Healthcare are dying to get home.

Yeah because WISHING for snow has any impact on what the weather will actually do. Rolling my eyes so hard

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

snow.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

wakka12 wrote: »
    Ha wasn't there a scene in some disaster movie ,( maybe day after tomorrow..?) where it started snowing at the pyramids and that was the sign of disasters to come

If I remember correctly it was the Taj Mahal in India.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Rochestown College, Monastery Road, Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,287 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Temp continues to drop In the heavier stuff now 1.4C Dp -1.2C
    Max 2.0C at 1345

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    I just cleared my driveway!

When i lived with harsh winters. I would always rather clear my drive in heavy snow and get rid of the 10 inches at a time than try clear a few feet at the end altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

seeing video of coastal floods in Dublin, hope people ok.. how grim to be flooded in this cold. I remember the misery of lsush every year as a child in scotland. The grimmnes hasnt really arrived yet :( still snowed in but made some snowomen with my snowgirls :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Don't be too hard on them, they must have run out of bread. Absolutely incredible scenes. I imagine this surpasses the snowfall of 1982 at this stage for those who have witnessed both.

I asked the neighbour how it compares and he reckons this is worse.
    Back then, while bad, the roads were worse and we didn't have the modern infrastructure. Of course no way of saying for sure, but all I can say that at least in Naas it is incredible scenes.
    The most dramatic part which is impossible to get across in this forum is the howling wind and side ways snow and ice forced into the side of your face.

It's deadly!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,760 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Was out again there and it's definitely thawed a bit since earlier despite snowing all day (D12). Hopefully it doesn't thaw too much before dark and a (presumed) drop in temps again.

I know people are like "Yay, this is proper snow, not the pellets" but this stuff is much wetter and is probably contributing to the thaw. The pellets are nice and dry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Fairly persistent snow in D7, starting to stick on the less well used roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

As soon as the snow got heavy the temperature dropped quickly from 1.5c to 1.0c. Theres hope but only if it continues for hours and not minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Non stop snow in East Galway again . Really need it to stop and have a gradual thaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Advertisement