Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

decent snow starting to fall again after a long lull. Hopefully we will get further sticking again in Dunshaughlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

RobertKK wrote: »
    My road is totally blocked

B6C46505-FAA1-402D-9876-16FFC167904F.jpeg

and the other way
    67739CB8-96D9-4B2F-B33D-76D494E97681.jpeg

is that actually a road...wow

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

david75 wrote: »
    Stunning photo. It snowed on the pyramids for the first time in 112 years

Unbelievable alright, it's 27c in Cairo today

Meanwhile the chances of accumulations from this shower in Donabate are very slim.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Is there any more snow for North Leinster? Drogheda hasn't seen much all day and bit of a thaw going on

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

wakka12 wrote: »
    Ha wasn't there a scene in some disaster movie ,( maybe day after tomorrow..?) where it started snowing at the pyramids and that was the sign of disasters to come

Been a lot of snow in North Africa this year. There's plenty of shots on the web of Saharan sand dunes covered in snow from a few weeks back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭willabur

Yeah because WISHING for snow has any impact on what the weather will actually do. Rolling my eyes so hard

People need to take some responsibility for what they wish for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

km79 wrote: »
    Non stop snow in East Galway again . Really need it to stop and have a gradual thaw

Is the snow not thawing with you KM79?
    Im near Athenry and im getting lots of wet snow now. Its melting away on the roads, but roads still have plenty of drifts blocking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Oide2010

Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone has any idea of when this snow will let up and maybe some thawing might happen? Sorry to the snow lovers, but really need to get to Dublin airport from D16/24 area on Sunday morning and getting really worried as it is vital we get out that day. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

willabur wrote: »

Ah now!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,759 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Temp falling back a bit here. Starting to settle on some surfaces that had been cleared. Santry.

I see some rainfall echos being picked up in the north Irish sea though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

Larger, heavy flakes now falling in Bray, and I think, though I’m not certain, that they’re starting to accumilate again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Moderate snow verging on heavy. Medium sized flakes and becoming less marginal dalkey

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

Curious, that shows here in south Dublin being clear all day, but it has been snowing most of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I don't understand why the radar is showing nothing for North Kildare all day and it has NEVER stopped snowing. I'm actually getting a little cabin fever. At least if it would stop we could enjoy what we have but its pretty damn miserable and cold out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Lightly Snowing all day along the Liffey

Just now I think the battle between the Thaw effect and falling Snow is swinging in SNOW's direction

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Yeah because WISHING for snow has any impact on what the weather will actually do. Rolling my eyes so hard

Ah I don't think she meant it like that. Probably more like just spare a thought for people who the snow is causing hardship for.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭morticia2

Getting heavy snow in Ballybrack again...compass may be swinging back to accumulation. Hoping that at some point tomorrow/Sunday it lets up enough to get to the shops; teenagers slurping their way through the 8L of milk I had in the fridge (now down to 3). Ah sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

RustyGate wrote: »
    Curious, that shows here in south Dublin being clear all day, but it has been snowing most of the day.

Very heavy at the mo D14

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Report from Munster !

About 10cm overnight and slight melting during the day even though there has been light snow falling . 1.0C

0l81qw5.jpg?1

f373wXG.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

Cienciano wrote: »
    Any one in Clondalkin? Looks like it hasn't stopped snowing all morning.

Is crazy weather out here, this will go down as a better fall then 2010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Oide2010 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone has any idea of when this snow will let up and maybe some thawing might happen? Sorry to the snow lovers, but really need to get to Dublin airport from D16/24 area on Sunday morning and getting really worried as it is vital we get out that day. Thanks!

M50 is fine and most main roads.
    You'll be fine by Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

MikeSoys wrote: »
    is that actually a road...wow

Yeah the snow is so high it drifted at a ditch, flowed onto the road, continued drifting and then went over the ditch into the field across the road to continue, a large stretch of road fully blocked with snow. I don't know when I will be able to drive anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EMPotatohands

willabur wrote: »

Ahahaha I’m actually in stitches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

It has been snowing all morning in D14 (Goatstown) with no sign of letting up. Cabin fever kicking in! I have a one year old who can walk but bot terribly far, or in snow, and I certainly can't wheel her in a pram, or carry her as I'm 7 months pregnant, so I've been in since Tuesday night. Dying to get to the local shop only 200 metres away for some goodies!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

I see some rainfall echos being picked up in the north Irish sea though.

On the Netweather radar, the rain echo seems to have stayed in the same spot for over an hour. Could it be a glitch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Have to say tv3's coverage has been very good and frequent. Shame on our national broadcaster RTE, shocking coverage from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Looks like a flame burning the Irish Sea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Still getting this **** little snow while it’s heavy at times it’s not exactly sticking and I really need the temperature to drop back a degree or two to halt the thaw.
    I need about two hours of heavy snow..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Heavy snizzle now like last nights muck but temp still falling slowly
    1.3C
    Dp -1.3C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

P3024719c.jpg

Spot the road.

Advertisement