Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Bit of a thaw in Cork City, but nothing significant. Still bits of snow coming down.

Just walked from college road to Saint lukes. Fairly tired but worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Kiith wrote: »
    You have to be a stupid ****ing idiot to go swimming on a day like this. You should absolutely be prosecuted for it.

and still we get the damp squid (sic), non event merchants harping on & on about how their garden, road, village is grand. It's that kind of stuff that gives people a bullish attitude to the weather as if they are proving something by not being cautious. Lucky another person wasn't dragged in after that woman splashing around in the fooking sea in a snow storm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Really picking up. Great intensity now with medium sized flakes dalkey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Heavy snow
    0.8C

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

P3024704c.jpg

If only we would get some snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

revelman wrote: »
    M.T. Cranium on the technical thread suggests that it will take Emma 18 hours to pass over Kerry with 20-40cm of snow for the south, Wexford and Wicklow! This tallies with what we are experiencing here on the south Coast. Conditions have been exactly the same since 8am this morning. What is best described as moderate snow has been falling constantly since 8am. We already have significant accumulations here. Another 40cm would mean we won’t be able to open our windows here!

I was watching the rte news special & Gerry Murphy said the warnings will be extended at 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

Started showing at yesterday evening around 8 pm and seems as though it hasn't stopped since.

Around my home there are accumulations of 2ft+ with drifts of 4-5 feet.

My car is disappearing gradually as the day goes by.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

You have to be a stupid ****ing idiot to go swimming on a day like this. You should absolutely be prosecuted for it.

Totally agree. Until there's some sort of accountability these idiots will keep putting others lives at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

My weather app is saying it'll keep snowing here in rathgar until 10am tomorrow. That will be well over 48 hours of almost non stop snow.Its been correct so far and better than the radars which showed south dublin as having no precipitation today

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Have had continuous snow in Waterford city since 5am yesterday...crazy amounts tried to walk to back of garden to try hit snow off a large bay tree I have because its bent over with the weight of snow and I was in snow over my knees on the flat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭appledrop

They are some absolute fools out there. What type of an idiot goes swimming in this blizzard. They should have left her there + not put their own lives at risk. It's like the other idiots who had to call the emergency services because they got stranded in the cars.....wait for it..... bringing their kids out to see the snow. Eh look outside your front down or walk to a green area nearby ffs.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Full on snow again in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

The Mall in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

Still snowing heavily here in Dublin 6, and it has been since I woke up. It's very chilly too. Left the dog outside and the poor thing is frozen solid.

https://imgur.com/a/4jVsR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

Hasn't stopped in tallaght all day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

DOCARCH wrote: »

Same in D14, heavy snow coming down for hours now. These pictures and videos from around the country are just Insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

People get into trouble on perfectly flat calm days too. That women clearly didn’t know the limits of her own abilities
    I’m going out for a swim later myself, don’t worry there won’t be any vids of me getting into trouble to trigger you nor will there be any of the many other responsible adults around the country who take accountability for their own actions.
    I’m guessing you aren’t involved with rescue services ,you never see them getting into competitive outrage fits on social media over this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Does anyone else's dog hate the snow? My dog won't even go outside for a pee anymore because of the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RunnerDub

Snow hasn't stopped all day in D1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

The Peoples Park Waterford a few hours ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

DOCARCH wrote: »

In contrast in Dublin 6 its trying to go back to the tiny stuff

edit : and not succeeding

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Pascal said earlier that it was too dangerous for the snow ploughs to come out in Cork city. We have a rebel braving it!

https://twitter.com/JasonThomasNott/status/969513273795244032

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

LastLagoon wrote: »
    People get into trouble on perfectly flat calm days too. That women clearly didn’t know the limits of her own abilities
    I’m going out for a swim later myself, don’t worry there won’t be any vids of me getting into trouble to trigger you nor will there be any of the many other responsible adults around the country who take accountability for their own actions.
    I’m guessing you aren’t involved with rescue services ,you never see them getting into competitive outrage fits on social media over this stuff

The point is you don't know if you will get into trouble or not.
    It is a risk you can avoid today given how stretched the emergency services are likely to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Where would they get the time when they're rescuing idiots going swimming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Thaw has stopped here.
    Heavy snow accumulating again
    0.7C

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Agreed, have to wonder what she was thinking that sea looked a little too rough for swimming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭stevenup7002

AAAAAAAAA wrote: »
    Snow above knee height in Arklow now, a jeep was abandoned in the middle of the road near me

It's going to be a lot of fun for the snow ploughs over the coming days, when abandoned cars are going to be completely hidden by drifts...

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

This morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

At least we won't have to read your posts again. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

spookwoman wrote: »
    Agreed, have to wonder what she was thinking that sea looked a little too rough for swimming in.

It’s too rough for a lot of people certainly, there’s plenty of people who it’s not too rough for though

Advertisement