Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Very likely a reload of snow for south and Midlands from around midnight to sunrise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

erica74 wrote: »
    Finally stopped snowing in South Kilkenny!!

Send it to louth!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

road_high wrote: »
    Whereabouts? North of the county not as bad.

Nah I’m down south of the county, we’re always forgotten about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Not surprised to hear of nurses stranded in Clondalkin. Peamount Hospital as also appealed for help getting their staff in from Finstown Hotel. Says the defence forces can't get to them.

Similar situation here as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Made an Igloo with my youngest today. Great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Very likely a reload of snow for south and Midlands from around midnight to sunrise.

seriously? yay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Supplies running low in places. People can't even find clean clothes :pac:

ztydlcz3jdj01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Igloo building in full swing.. buckets of snow! Almost lost the snow shovel it's so deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,758 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The signs of drifting and blowing snow has recommenced near Santry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    seriously? yay

HIRLAM has been reliable. Here's tonights forecast
    tempresult_poi7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    snow as stopped in cork city :(:(:(

i'm not ready for it to go

I'm definitely ready for it to go now. Have to get my mother to an appointment in CUH on Monday morning so I want this snow gone asap as there is a lot of it to melt and I wont be able to get car out unless it all melts due to hills. It was fun but downside will set in real soon if it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,484 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Snow seems to be heavier than ever this afternoon in D11. The temperature's dropping again too - it's gone sub-zero again after having been positive since morning. It's now -0.2/-1.8C. There's 18cm of snow.

Yep I’m D11 too and just around the corner if your user name is any indication and it’s armegedeon style here, no let up all day just getting worse,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Thaw stopped here in East Meath and light snow falling again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

erica74 wrote: »
    Finally stopped snowing in South Kilkenny!!

It’s still snowing here, I’m about 20 mins from Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

HIRLAM has been reliable. Here's tonights forecast
    tempresult_poi7.gif

excellent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

In Swords and currently the best snowfall I have seen since overnight Tues/Weds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Greatest snow event in Irish history...incredible stuff!

Not even close to being that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Getting a bit worried here now in Naas with further significant accumulations tonight. What can we expect in Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

MJohnston wrote: »
    I was sitting earlier looking out at all my neighbours wearing themselves out for hours clearing and shovelling snow off their driveways...not even 3 hours later and all of it is completely buried again.

I seriously wonder how people are so bad at understanding forecasts...or maybe they did understand but just wanted away from their husbands or wives for a couple of hours :D

I did it myself knowing it was futile. Just needed to get out and burn some calories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

There should be fairly widespread thawing tomorrow with these temps:

nmm_uk1-41-27-4_eop9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Freezing rain d14 and a stranded Brennan's van.

Hardy oul chaps them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Supplies running low in places. People can't even find clean clothes :pac:

ztydlcz3jdj01.jpg

The hardy bucks show this looks like surreal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

It's relentless here in d16. The low border wall between me and the neighbor is now concealed.
    The snowman's hat is no longer visible.
    Thank God for a chest freezer though. But as others have said, running low on booze...big worry!

I think the Eden is open 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

This is mental. Very heavy blizzard in Clontarf now and accumulating rapidly. This is the worst I've seen since Tuesday. The Met warnings are way off

Might need to find out the conditions on Sunday night from you! Working over beside the garda station on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

MJohnston wrote: »
    I was sitting earlier looking out at all my neighbours wearing themselves out for hours clearing and shovelling snow off their driveways...not even 3 hours later and all of it is completely buried again.

I seriously wonder how people are so bad at understanding forecasts...or maybe they did understand but just wanted away from their husbands or wives for a couple of hours :D

I wish I had done ours yesterday so Id only have half as much to do today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

pad199207 wrote: »
    Getting a bit worried here now in Naas with further significant accumulations tonight. What can we expect in Kildare?

What depth are you st now, Pad? A friend of mine in Naas is at 55cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Can't believe we're back to proper sticking snow again in Donabate. Few more hours of this and we'll be back in Snowman making land

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Been virtually no let up in Greystones since early today. Larger flakes than yesterday so building up more quickly. Wind picked up a lot as well so returning to blizzard like conditions but with larger flakes than last night.

If this keeps up I'd be concerned about power outs etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mafra

road_high wrote: »
    Will Kilkenny get any much more? Snow here in Kilkenny itself has been rubbish, envious of our neighbours in Wexford, Waterford Wicklow and Kildare. Seems to be much worse and more "quality" snow!
    Bit of a thaw on actually and slushy[/quote

Co. Kilkenny. Great snow. 3rd day in.

Advertisement