Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

It's basically been snowing continuously since 7am here in mid-Limerick, but more like fine particles than the proper flakes we've already had this winter. So instead of 2 feet we have 4 inches. Still a memorable event though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Unreal freezing rain d14. Even a Brennan's van was stranded

If he wasn't hoarding all the bread it would be lighter and get out of there easier....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

The hardy bucks show this looks like surreal

The pankini

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I think the Eden is open ��

Wasn't open earlier....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I think the Eden is open 😂

I will bring the sled with me for the slide down that big hill after!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Easily another 4 inches has fallen on top of last night's snow. Squall after squall bashing into the coast. Heavy fine graupel for the last while and its really building up. How much of this left? radar looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

Non stop in Dundrum

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Hurling Banter Buff Egan on Snapchat was some great coverage from Kerry this morning, rescuing sheep from Snow upto 1.5 metres deep.

The snow took its time to arrive here in Kerry but when it did then it was an absolute sight to behold. A slight that earlier on lower ground but its sticking again, snowing non-stop since the early afternoon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

MJohnston wrote: »
    I was sitting earlier looking out at all my neighbours wearing themselves out for hours clearing and shovelling snow off their driveways...not even 3 hours later and all of it is completely buried again.

I seriously wonder how people are so bad at understanding forecasts...or maybe they did understand but just wanted away from their husbands or wives for a couple of hours :D

Maybe they wanted to justify the money they spent on the shiny new snow shovels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

OjxuT3F.jpg

Bray today: It wasn't more than about 6 inches of snow but it was very pretty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I wish I had done ours yesterday so Id only have half as much to do today.

You'd have nothing to do if you just let it thaw anyway! Unless your driveway has a flood prone design, of course, but around here they just gently slope onto the street.

The street, of course, wasn't cleared at all, so it's not like they were clearing their driveways to be able to go anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    snow as stopped in cork city :(:(:(

i'm not ready for it to go

Maybe its because of my location but still snowing here. 250asl East Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Been virtually no let up in Greystones since early today. Larger flakes than yesterday so building up more quickly. Wind picked up a lot as well so returning to blizzard like conditions but with larger flakes than last night.

If this keeps up I'd be concerned about power outs etc
    Same down in Arklow
    24hrs continous now from Emma and snowing solid
    Windy so still drifting too
    Most roads blocked,10 ft + drifts
    A number of bows down from the weight of snow so agreed on the power cut risk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

I was curious about how deep the drifts were in D11. I decided to make the brave decision to send my Son out on a reccie mission. :D

He made it back and reports snow depths of at least a couple of feet. He's nearly 6 foot tall and he said it was waist deep in places. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Blizzard! You took your time getting here Emma - Beauty and ......... the Beast!
    -0.5c now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My son dug a path in the yard this morning. It's all filled in now. Was about 3 inches

D7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

It hasn't stopped snowing in D15 since yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This is as bad now as is it was at 4am this morning

Newcastle Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Report from Kilpedder, North East Wicklow @ 70m ASL

Status at 08:00 hrs this morning :

11cm snowfall overnight and still falling heavily.
    Current temp -1.7c
    Pressure 987hPa, steady.
    Wind light, but with gusts.

Status at 13:30hrs

Snow has been falling consistently all morning - mainly light
    Level now at 12cm
    Current temp -0.7
    Pressure 987hPa, steady
    Wind light, no gusts

Status at 18:00

Snow has been falling all day, more rapidly than previously seen.
    Level now 14cm
    Current temp -1.1
    Pressure 986hPa, rising
    Wind light, some gusts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

It's amazing how snow cheers people up. Frozen water like! The whole country seems to in great form altogether despite the restrictions. Everyone I meet is smiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I wonder how high the drifts are on the Wicklow Mountains. It'll probably be like something you see from Japan when they clear the roads on high ground.
    There could still be snow up there into April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

MJohnston wrote: »
    You'd have nothing to do if you just let it thaw anyway! Unless your driveway has a flood prone design, of course, but around here they just gently slope onto the street.

The street, of course, wasn't cleared at all, so it's not like they were clearing their driveways to be able to go anywhere.

Had get around to the garage. Luckily we have a slope for the rest, if it ever decides to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Just saw a car get stuck for ages on the N11 in stillorgan - treacherous out there now guys

Correction: 2 cars

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Been snowing all day in D20. Some parts of the garden are under around 2 foot of snow.

When is it meant to break?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I can't believe you did not read the warning! :P

Honestly, thought here, about 1km from the coast, it would be sleeting/ raining by now!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Wheety wrote: »
    Been snowing all day in D20. Some parts of the garden are under around 2 foot of snow.

When is it meant to break?

Tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

two tv weather presenter related questions.
    Why after four days has Evelyn cusack not had a mic fitted to her suit.

And has that chap on tv3 been wearing that Ian polter style suit for the last 4 days 😀tt

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Definitely thawing a little here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

DO NOT DRIVE ON THE ROADS IN SOUTH DUBLIN

I was just out there in D14 Rathfarnham area, right outside my estate ive already seen 4 cars drift and slip in the roads, blizzard conditions out there atm, visability VERY low.

Advertisement